Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
[closed] Cover for a book
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Contests Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Emrys
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

almost forgot lol... here you go i'll give two descripts from two different chapters to make it a bit easier

His glowstick illuminated a rigid gray leg. The muscles flexed underneath the exoskeleton to click it's three toe claws against the ground in sequence. His light traced the way up the animal's leg to it's thorax. Erica noticed that the thorax sprouted four arms, two on each side, with two long dual claws and double jointed palms. The light continued up the thorax to the mutant's head. Long mandibles opened to a toothless mouth. The light reflected off of each compound eye a hundred times over.

A small lid flashed over the eyes with a predatory quickness.

that's the first encounter and yes there's action but i'll leave that for some other time Razz

However, the real surprise for Amanda was when she topped the hill. The downward slope was littered with corpses. Most were in pieces and she really couldn't find two halves that matched. The green grass was soaked in a light red film.

"Well, that looks like a pleasant graveyard," Aaron muttered.

Talon kneeled and fingered the grass. He brought his rifle around to follow his survey of the bloody field as he ran his fingers across the grass.

"What do you see, Sergeant Gillispie?" Amanda asked as she approached the brown-haired man.

"This isn't a graveyard," he replied. "This footprint is anything but human."

She glanced at the blood soaked mud where his finger rested. The print had three long toes and wierd ridges. She quickly looked back toward the tall buildings on either side of the tracks.

Aaron looked up from the footprind and said, "Are you suggesting that this is a hunting ground?"

Talon stood brandishing his rifle, "If so, are we the hunted or the hunters?"

April shook her head and replied, "Let us hope we are neither and continue moving, shall we?"

Amanda nodded causing Aaron to step over a mangled corpse and begin to cross the body scattered clearing. The group split again and followed.

As they came closer to the end of the field the ground clipped to an open road. Open aside for the fact that there was a massive crowd of.....

...As Aaron continued to pour a steady stream of laser blasts into the mob, Amanda felt something strange tug at the edge of her senses. She turned to investigate and spotted another mutant.

It was clicking it's front four arms together on the edge of the nearest building's roof. It was partially blocked from her view by a shining street lamp but she almost made out an insectoid like head before it disappeared from the rooftop....

...It leaned forward using it's four arms to heave ... in it's way over it's head. One could only tell where the mutant was by the flying body parts that was once part of the angry mob. ((yes i'm leaving out details Razz))

Aaron tried to get a clear shot with his cannon at the approaching mutant but the massive bobbing of heads kept him from being able to see the oncoming terror.....

... Aaron comntinued to pour cannon blasts .......... He visually tracked the progress of the mutant through the mob. When it turned to dart up the hill at him he turned his cannon onto the group..... it would emerge from.

The mutant was smarter. In an explosion of thrown corpses, the larger insectoid sprang from the mob toward the male wizard.

"Shoot it!" Amanda yelled, as Aaron rotated the cannon upwards to track the insectoid. He fired once, Missed. Twice. Missed. Three times. Four. The mutant raised it's right two arms to strike the wizard as it began to descend.

The next bolt caught the six-legged insectoid square in it's thorax halting it's forward momentum and dropping it like a stone to the ground. It landed hard on it's back and twisted into an irregular posture.

"Is it dead?" Talon inquired.

Although the description is more spaced out among the action there it's not hard to make out. Adding the two descriptions together let me see what you come up with Very Happy
marc21
Newb

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry to hav taken a long time. summer's busier than i thought... hahz Wink
anyways, here's your mutant: http://www.deviantart.com/view/35322638/
Emrys
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

loving the torso but you missed a detail. it has six legs giving it a total of 10 appendages. i know it gets confusing but it was one hell of a virus that messed this thing up. I love the head for it though. not bad work at all and the claws are really good, much better than the concept drawing i did.
marc21
Newb

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

six legs! whoa... haha i thought the total appendages was six. hmm but if that's so then is the body structure something like a centaur? ...or more arachnid looking? (like the top left image in http://noctalis.com/dis/dk/gallery02.shtml)
just let me know n i'll fix it up![/img]
marc21
Newb

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh yea im also not sure if you're okay with the antennae and wings... since its not part of the description...
BdrixHaettC
Newb

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 4:36 pm    Post subject: too late? Reply with quote

Id like to enter the contest if its not to late.

B.
BdrixHaettC
Newb

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 12:10 pm    Post subject: sketch 1... Reply with quote

If its not to late to enter, heres the addy for my first sketch of Johan Vandenheck...

http://www.fanart-central.net/pic-446652.html

B.
Emrys
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

not bad bdrix.... can you do a bit lower on the picture to show a bit of uniform. i'd like to see how well you are with proportions. I see you are using book 3 which no one has used yet and it's looking really good. the goatee is pretty realistic... let me see what else you can do
sakuralin84
Newb

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm in!
Emrys
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="marc21"]six legs! whoa... haha i thought the total appendages was six. hmm but if that's so then is the body structure something like a centaur? ...or more arachnid looking? (like the top left image in http://noctalis.com/dis/dk/gallery02.shtml)
just let me know n i'll fix it up![/img][/quote]

sorry marc i totally missed this post. yes almost just like that except one of the aracnid legs are a set of arms. it has 10 total appendages.
BdrixHaettC
Newb

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem. I`ll have it up by the end of the week...

PS. Hey, can I write to your email about a few questions I have of the character of Johan Vandenheck? And a few of the others... DS.

B.
Emrys
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sure, i don't see that as a problem
BdrixHaettC
Newb

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is another one I just finished, it`s not of Vandenheck but of JMW...

Jova'rake Mitchell White in his dress uniform, or something:

http://www.fanart-central.net/pic-453853.html

Went to your profile but couldn`t find any contact info, could you send me a line at bdrixhaettc@gmail.com, that way I`d get your email and I can send you those Q`s I have.
enkeli_kitten
Rookie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

May I enter? I read the first page of this contest...it says notification of entry was like, last year.... O_o Anyway, your characters sound interesting, I'd like to have a shot at drawing them!!

Okay, I did a really quick practice of Samantha. I wanted to make sure I was going along the right lines character-wise before I went all out with detail, shading, highlighting, painting etc!!! (in the final copy the lips won't be outlined like that, same with the eyes, will look more natural. Aaaand, there'll be a hood instead of a nun-collar Wink Shadow will be cast from the flame at the front. is this the right sort of magic?
And sorry about the purple-ness. My scanner is bad with sketches.)
marc21
Newb

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alright here's the updated version. I hope all those arms n legs look functional enough...

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/36387472/
robinstar
Rookie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to enter! ^_^
enkeli_kitten
Rookie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How's this?
http://ic3.deviantart.com/fs11/i/2006/192/1/2/Fire_and_Ice_by_enkelikitten.jpg

(is this contest still active??)
Emrys
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alright. for three months i've had the biggest internet trouble you wouldn't believe. My computer exploded. now that i've got it back up and running i'd like to inform you that yes, the contest is still on
Emrys
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Final Entries: This is to be done in full color and paint. you can submit up to 3 of each cover but no more than that. I'm going to warn you. These are going to take a while.

Book 1. This will be fairly simple. The background layout is a bed of stars with jovarake's gunblade in the center. Faded into the stars is Young Jovarake's face. read book one description for clarification.

Book 2. The front cover is more of a collage of the characters in fighting poses. Each covered in speckled blood of green and red. (Don't go overboard with it lol) Center i would like Jovarake. Somewhere on the page i'd like the mutant i described. Amanda will be behind Jovarake. A young police Lieutenant named Roane Isly will be holding a (what looks like a shotgun) (guess i'll have to describe him huh?) And a Police Captain from the same planet named Charles Wester will also be on the cover with a cigarette in his mouth. I'll describe him too.

At the very bottom of that page i would like you to fade in a gruesomely depicted scene of undead humans walking.

Book 3. Jovarake standing on the right, gunblade drawn, facing away from Samatha on the left, her sword drawn. (don't forget the scar!!! Scar was earned in book 1) In the middle i want you to fade in a picture of X to the background. You are free to pick your own background here but a background that fits a futuristic world would be more suitable, considering Jovarake's home planet is the setting and plot for the book. However you are able to use streets that fit book 2's setting. Or pick your own background...

Any questions?
marc21
Newb

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

glad to see you're up n running! so you want us to do all three covers per person right? I need to know the specific deadline coz school's getting real busy n time isn't something i really have. also, can I do a CG emulating traditional style? thanks a lot.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Contests Archive All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: