Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
The Official Favorite Anime Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Anime & Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Black_Solja

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[b]S-CRY-ED
I love it because of the powers ,alter powers are tight son! It also has one of my favorite final fights especially after they lose all their power and just start to fight hand to hand I almost lost myself while watching it. Banghead

[/b]Full Metal Alchemist
I have no idea why ,just do. :huh:

[b]Tenchi Muyo
I love how the girls push up on tenchi but he acts all shy and gay but i love it anyway. My favorite is Ryoko because she is soooo tight. :wub:

[/b]Samurai Shamploo
I love the way they mixed in hip hop. Cool
LunaticCrow
Elder In Training

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't posted in this thread for a loong time. But I have good reason. I jump around from so many different series, it's kinda hard to fall in love with just one.

Recently (Well, not THAT recent) I've become infatuated with Eureka SeveN. I usually dislike Mech anime, but it's hardly the main focus in this series, and it's thankfully used in a unique enough way for it to be intresting (lolz flying gundams), Sky boarding ftw. I'm sure some people could disagree with me, but E7 has come off as flawless to me, in execution and storytelling. The characters are much more developed and loveable compared to characters in other more popular Shonen series airing at the moment, and the main character-get ready to be amazed-ACTUALLY acts his age. onoz, he's not super cool! He's a 14 year old boy THE WORLD IS ENDING D:

I'm sure I'll be able to phrase things a bit better as I watch more episodes, but still. Pure win. And nearly all the fanart ROCKS HARD. D:<
Fayore

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mushishi. It has a nice, simple art style; quite nice. The settings have beautiful detailed art, a nice contrast to the relative simplicity of the animated character art. The stories are excellent. In the anime, the soundtrack wins at life. The piano stuff in the first episode... wow, just wow.

We give this anime an A+.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
dolphinprincess
Cold Warrior

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back again! Hehheh, before I mentioned that my favorite anime was Tokyo Mew Mew. Now, I have a new favorite, and it's a big change. It's...

Saiyuki!

I haven't seen Gensomaden yet, but I've seen some Reload, and loved it. I'm still amazed at how I got into the anime. Found a site where this one girl draws anime kitties, clicked on Saiyuki to see the kitties there, and thought of them as adorable. It only had the four good dudes there. However, it wasn't until I saw the Kougaiji kitty that I got interested. Started looking up pics, read up about it, and even found a place to read the manga.

Reason I love it? It's because the show's humourous, has violence, hot characters (Kougaiji.... :wub: ) and the fact that it is the opposite of what any of my friends of family would think of me ever liking. Seriously. From 5 girls who have magic powers, trying to save the world to 4 guys traveling to India, fighting demons and stopping the ressurrection of a powerful demon. Shocking.
Song: Seize the Day by Default
Anime: D.Gray Man
Anime character(s): Kanda
Video Game: Super Smash Brothers Brawl
Video Game character: Wolf O-Donnell from Star Fox Assault
OC: Ray Eclrida, copyright of me (duh!)
OC Quote: "No, he just keeps getting beaten in the head with his own stupidity."-Ray Eclrida
xkamichamaX3
Rookie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have three favorites:
[b]FMA!![/b]:the story was really good and it had it's funny moments...the character development was very interesting too...and so was the ending...no fairytale ending for ed...
[b]naruto[/b]:i love the crazy ninja action...i didn't think the animation was that bad...oh, and sasuke!!
[b]mai-hime[/b]:this was a really good one, and a dub of it was being released recently...it had a really fast-paced storyline as well as really cool battle scenes...the characters are really great, especially because you don't know who all twelve himes are until the next-to-last episode...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Kokuro
Newb

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[b]Eyeshield 21[/b]- I have to admit this is the BESTsports anime I've ever seen, and currently my favourite anime/manga. I'm not even a football fan myself if you want to put it this way. All the characters are well developed, and the music is awsome too. :D

[b]Bleach[/b]- I'm sure there are lots of Bleach fans out there who already said why it's so good. The action, plot, characters...I love them!

[b]School Rumble[/b]- Maybe not the BEST I've seen, but it's hilarious. I call it the next verision of Azumanga Daioh. ^^

[b]Spiral: Suiri no Kizuna(AKA Spiral: Melody of Logic)[/b]- I've always been inspired by the super genius story of this anime/manga. Things always turn towards the dark side, and the creators always make it look hopeless, until miracle happens. Great animation, awsome characters, thrilling plots...this is Spiral.

Le Portrait de Petit Cossette- I haven't seen the episodes yet, but the story and plot seems really interesting. Smile
Allie
Newb

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno how many others have said and explained, I was too lazy to read through them all.

My top anime right now is [b]Bleach[/b]
All the guys I hang around with watch it and I got my boyfriend to show me the first episode about 2 weeks ago. I'm on episode 40 right now and I'm hooked.

I just can't fault it, the humor, the characters, the storyline, it's all great!
raineces
Newb

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naruto - I love the ninja stuff, the humor, adventure . characters esp. Sasuke Wink
Samurai X - Kenshin is sooo likeable, so good with his sword and a very wise guy.
Recently I've been watching Chronicle of the Wings, Alice Academy and Full Metal Alchemist. I like 'em all. Smile
There are lots to mention, actually..
erisa_fullysick

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fruits Basket is my fave. It's majority of fans are fangirls though...
Kitzy
Super Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm getting quite attached to Cromartie High School xD.

Though I also like Slayers, Fruits Basket, Fushigi Yuugi and Love Hina...though I've seen the full series of all of them except the Slayers ones, so I haven't watched them in years.
Rufus_22
Newb

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favorite anime right now is Full Moon wo Sagashite. I so have to get the manga.
Tsubasa_Faye
Newb

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

me? well I like [b]Naruto[/b] because of the storyline and the artwork, I like the way how Kishimoto-san drew the characters' hands, for an anime I think it looks real because of the curves and how right it looks. I also love it because of the humor it's not boring to watch and there are so many secret and question unanswered so it make the anime exciting.

Another one I like is [b]Full Metal Alchemist[/b], love the story and the humor especially everytime they make fun of Ed's height. The artwork's nice too the artist has his own trademark when you look at the face of the characters (sorry I don't know who created FMA) . ^_^[/b]
SilentSoul92
Elder In Training

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, this thread is back huh? Lemme see, I've got a few

Naruto: Well how many people love this anime/manga. I know it's a mainstream anime, but I think it's got some interesting developments. I don't like the anime that much, though I love the manga. The whole treachery/betrayal thing is rather hooking. However, it lacks a solid plot or crisis, so it drags on and on and on, which gets tedious. Still, I love it for now, might tire eventually.

FullMetal Alchemist: No, it's not Ed that gets me (though he is an awesome character) I love the storyline in this one (unlike Naruto) and their ability to make the characters come alive. Questioning God is something else I can relate with. Their are also many sidetwists in this anime that keeps it interesting. Just a note, the anime and manga are pretty different.

Angel Sanctuary: I *love* the manga. I'm not too crazy about the anime (stupid dubs and storyline changes) but the manga rocks. It has awesome art, and a storyline I like (just my opinion) The characters are great in the sense that they maintain their personalities. The love stories a bit...meh, but that's only to people with a closed mind. I think it's fine.

Pokemon: Don't even think about making fun of me for this. I don't care. I love the art in pokemon cause it's so darn cute. All those different pokemon and attacks rock. I don't care if it died out four years ago, I still like it. The storyline is streched thin as bubblegum, but I'm just fine with that. I like playing the games too.
IluvAtem
Newb

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YGO! Yami= Yami's Eng dub voice= Gray Wub
I must be the only 1 who likes his Eng dub voice Laughing
Trinity_Fire
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hm.

Well, here's a detour from the uber-mega-popular series.

I think one of my fav anime would be [b]Avenger[/b], as I seem to prefer shorter series with more plotline in them and some deeper thought. -__-; [don't be insulted by this, I'm just saying...]

Apparently, lots of other people hate it for the complete lack of explaination of what happens during the 13 episodes, and for the completely cut off, unexplained ending.
However, I watched all 13 in japenese with almost no translation [there was chinese subs, but I suck at reading chinese, eheheh...] and lack of plot was fine by me. ^_^;

However, Avenger does have absolutely awesome other features. The graphics/animation are done by BeeTrain, so the fight scenes are absolutely stunning and amazing.

And the music was by Ali Project, absolutely awesome, I have the entire soundtrack downloaded. Absolutely lovely music.

I personally found the anime quite nice. It also had good character designs, and after a whole year of nothing but having seen those 13 episodes, I'm still obsess to now [just see my profile pic, it's been there all year I belive] and back here in china, with everything easily pirated, I can watch the episodes again. :3 Lovely.

What else?

[b]Wolf's Rain[/b]. Awesome characters and plotline; I particularly liked the setting... actually quite like Avenger as well [which is set on Mars]
And the best. anime. ending. ever. O________O
I missed a few episodes here and there, but it was quite wonderful overall.

Along the line of wolf's rain,[b] .hack//SIGN[/b].
I loved the music there too, and the graphics were quite pretty, if not much ever happened [from the few episodes I've seen.]

As well, [b]witch hunter robin[/b], though it still left me a bit hanging; I loved robin's design, and the music was okay.

[b]Saiyuki[/b] was okay, but I honestly prefer the manga much much more. They turned the anime into that type of million-plus episodes with interminable pauses for hair blowing, eyes moving, and drama. Plus fillers, though many were quite funny. Smile
I loved the manga.

And, of course, always always, [b]Gundam Wing[/b], the original. Smile 5 hot guys, 'nuff said.

Best anime movie ever is still [b]Princess Mononoke[/b]. O_O Awesome music, and it was before anime girls were nothing more than big-eyed, big-boobed, and dressed in school-girl uniforms.
Plus Ashitaka had downright sexy arm-warmers. XD

Oooookay I think I'm about done. Smile
PhoenixAshes
Still very bored

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, much agreement about the awesomeness of Princess Mononoke and *drool* Ashitaka...

Anyway, my favorites...

[b]Fruits Basket[/b]--both the anime and the manga are absolutley gorgeous, and mix humor, tragedy, and romance perfectly. It also is wonderful in its high ratio of guys to girls...'Very Happy'

[b]Trigun[/b]--I didn't like the little of the manga that I read, but the anime was friggin' awesome. The final four episodes were to die for...

[b]DNAngel[/b]--I've never seen the anime (I'm to afraid of it's bad reviews), but the manga is so beautiful...I love the use of so much black in the art. The plot (at least after the fourth volume) is pretty awesome too...
MikariStar
Newb

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yu-Gi-Oh! I like the character designs. Samurai Pizza Cats, very funny. Dragon Ball Z, a classic. Tenchi Universe, another funny anime. Ranma 1/2, more humor. Rurouni Kenshin, very nice story. Naruto, I'm currently watching it and love it so far.
uriel

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neon Genesis Evangelion! Everything is perfect.

www.lost.eu/fb86 get lost without being alone!
AllisonPO
Rookie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here we go...

[b]MPD Psycho:[/b] Beautifuly done manga with a very realistic style and storyline. Criminal profiler with a multiple personality disorder...and with a barcode on his left eye. ^_^
Very gory, very smart, [i]very[/i] awesome.

[b]Air Gear:[/b] Most fanservice I've ever had to endure, but the beauty of the art style makes up for it. Best dynamic poses [i]ever.[/i] Pretty awesome characters, too.

[b]D.Gray-Man:[/b] Gr, how to describe this obsession...nice blend of subtle humor and deep plotline. Really bad Engrish, but it's ignorable. All the character are loveable, and the badguy is just so awesome looking that you can't hate him (like a big bunny with a tophat and umbrella).

[b]Violinist of Hameln (Manga):[/b] One of the few manga capable of making you laugh so hard your spleen exlpodes in one moment and cry your eyes out in the next. Very versatile and, unlike the anime, not drowning so much in its angst (though there still is [i]a lot[/i] of it) that you forget about the plot.
And come on, how can you deny a guy who goes to kill a Mazoku with a golden piano, only to have it crush him because it's too heavy? ^_^

[b]Juuni Kokki (The Twelve Kingdoms):[/b] If Fushigi Yuugi (in my opinion) didn't suck and had a major political theme, it would've been this. Juuni Kokki has gorgeous animation, makes you think, does NOT let the main character get away with anything and has *gasp* actual character development. Only problem is they ended it way too early, left a lot of things unfinished.

Yeah, I have a lot more but...meh. =D
sailorharmony2000
Very bored

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Kitzy"]I'm getting quite attached to Cromartie High School xD.

Though I also like Slayers, Fruits Basket, Fushigi Yuugi and Love Hina...though I've seen the full series of all of them except the Slayers ones, so I haven't watched them in years.[/quote]

Now, Cromartie High School...[b]that's[/b] what I want to see more of. I have a couple of demo DVDs from my Newtype magazines and from what I've seen, I got hooked. The only time that I've laughed during the [i]opening song/scene[/i], even before the actual story starts! XD

http://www.fanart-central.net/user-sailorharmony2000.php
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Anime & Manga All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9

Jump to: