Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
The Official Favorite Anime Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Anime & Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DG-sama

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 7:10 pm    Post subject: The Official Favorite Anime Thread Reply with quote

This is the Official Thread for sharing and discussing what your favorite Animes and Mangas are.

When posting what your favorite series is include a sentance or two about why it is your favorite.

Also keep in mind that everyone has different tastes. Character bashing is NOT allowed in this thread, and niether is making fun of another member because of who they choose.

All other "Favorite Anime" threads that are made will be locked and provided with a link to this thread.

<span style='color:red'>update 11-28-05
After a few reminders and people still ignoring the point of this thread all new posts here consisting of only a list and no descriptions WILL be deleted</span>
JamicanHobbit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yugioh
Zatch Bell
DB
DBZ
DBGT
Ruroni Kenshin
Yu Yu Hakusho
ummm theres more but my brain no work good
Sephir0th666777
Elder In Training

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rurouni Kenshin
Fullmetal Alchemist
Mobile Suit Gundam
Mobile Suit Gundam: 08th MS Team
Mobile Suit Gundam Seed
Mobile Suit Gundam Seed Destiny
Naruto
Hellsing
Orphen
King of Bandit Jing
Trigun
Cowboy Bebop
Vampire Hunter D
Ninja Scroll
Akira
Ghost in the Shell
Samurai Deeper Kyo
Final Fantasy Unlimited
Air
Chrno Crusade
Genso Maden Saiyuki
Saiyuki Reloaded
Nightwalker
Fruits Basket
ChobitsWitch Hunter Robin

Probably more, but I'm tired and lazy . . . .
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
KeheiZero
Elder In Training

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[b]Hellsing[/b]
I'm always a sucker for a vampire story, so this one's a no-brainer. A secret organisation called Hellsing, run by the descendant of Abraham Van Helsing tries to eliminate the vampire threat in modern day London. Whilst the anime wasn't brilliant I still enjoy watching it, the manga however makes this definately one of my favourites. There's plenty humour, cool characters (Anderson and the Captain are my faves) and some novel ideas. The whole ghoul concept, for example, adds a fresh twist to the story in my opinion.

[b]Neon Genesis Evangelion[/b]
This was one of the first animes I watched right the way through. Humanity trying to defend themselves from beings known as Angels was certainly an eyebrow raiser when I first heard it.Plenty of emotion, the heroes are vulnerable and flawed and some epic battles. There's a lot of thinking to be done on the part of the viewer to get everything, and this only works in the shows' favour.

[b]Martian Successor Nadesico[/b]
A very light-hearted show, but with some very serious undertones running throughout. Revolving around a war between Earth and Jupiter, the show follows the antics of the crew of the Nadesico on it's mission to reclaim Mars. Most of the characters are fairly larger-than-life, with their serious sides hidden from everyone else for most of the time. In the end, the show focuses on whether war is right, and if either side can ever be justified, and come sto a dramatic and fitting close.

hikari0205
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[u]Chrno Crusade [/u]
I mainly like Chrno Crusade because it's a bit different to the animes i usually watch . Also I like the way it is set in the 1920's rather than modern day , because it is set in tthat time era they make the clothing and the language very suited to it like instead of swearing they put applesauce . Also they put in the religion in like they use Apostles and they say about devils and what they are trying to do to the world . Also the way everything happens is so different to what i was expecting . They have funny characters (rosette) , calm characters (chrno), evil characers (aion) and ones that are just in there to give it some structure . The manga i havent read yet but i want to ^^
SoaringKitty
Very bored

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like non-gory action so my favorite Animes would be:

Sailor Moon
Pokemon
Megaman
Full Metal Alchemist
The Avatar (I think thats an anime)
And a strange interest in Digimon... hmmm...
I like all the creatures and powers and digital stuff. Oh, and the blowing up/slicing/smashing/etc.
Rindi_chan
Forum contributor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Avatar: The Last Airbender is not Japanese animation. It's American-made, and it mimics the Japanese animation style.
I think that Chrno Crusade contains plenty of swearing. At least, I recall that the manga does. I think it all comes down to how it was translated.

Okay, here are my favorites in no particular order:
[b]Fullmetal Alchemist[/b] (anime/manga)
[b]Naruto[/b] (anime)
[b]Bleach[/b] (manga)
[b]Shaman King[/b] (manga) - I like all the stuff with little kids beating each other up XD
[b]Digi Charat[/b] (anime/manga) - anything related to it is good
[b]Dokkoider[/b] (anime) - hilarious, simply hilarious
[b]Irresponsible Captain Tylor[/b] (anime) - a classic about a bunch of misfits on a military spacecraft
[b]Air Gear[/b] (manga) - the fanservice makes my eyes bleed, but it's got some of the most amazing action poses that I've ever seen (it's a rollerblading manga)
[b]Chrno Crusade[/b] (manga)
[b]Slayers[/b] (anime)
[b]Samurai Champloo[/b] (anime) - Directed by the same guy that did Cowboy Bebop (which I have yet to see), this anime blends samurai and hip hop culture. It's a lot of fun.

There are plenty more, I'm sure. I'm just too lazy to try to remember them all.
Fayore

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm... I rather like anything by Key/Visual Arts (Kanon, AIR) - they're the only shoujo series that I've finished watching because I loved the storyline and characterization. Shoujo anime usually turn me off because of how boring and terribly mundane they are. But those both have a touch of magic, and the emotions are perfectly portrayed.

I love Fullmetal Alchemist. There's no way around it. It's got all the elements I love: plenty of action, magic that is not technically magic, reason, humour, loveable characters, and a storyline that blows most other anime/manga way out of the water. ^^;

I also like Saiyuuki, but only in its manga form. The anime drives me insane with its inconsistencies. The art is absolutely breathtaking in the manga, though.

And another one that no one's even heard of: Kooseruteru no Ryuujutsushi (how can I translate this? Neutral Since there's actually no such thing as 'ryuujutsu'... :/ Hm. I think "The Dragoner of Kooseruteru" should suffice). The art is absolutely adorable - I probably like this for all the opposite reasons of FMA - it has a lighthearted storyline with super cute characters. X3 Not cute like DiGi Charat cute, but cute in its own manner. ~<3

Loveless is another favourite. It's got endearing characters, as well as a confusing plot that I love. Plus, the anime has the best soundtrack I've heard in a long time. o-o;
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Barney--TheAnti-Christ
How can I get a custom title thing?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fruits Basket
Ruroni Kenshin
Beyblade... I know I'm nerdy.
Yu Yu Hakasho (sp?)
Ghost in the Shell
Fullmetal Alchemist
Samurai Champloo
Inuyasha (depends on what episode ect.)
Naruto
Chobits
Pita-Teen
Wolfs Reign

that's all I can think of right now...
dolphinprincess
Cold Warrior

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tokyo Mew Mew all the way. I love the style and color of the characters. Plus, it's real funny most of the time, but there is still room for romance and serious moments. It's not gory, but it's not all safe either, there is blood in it. Also, I like the opening and ending songs. Especially Koi Wa A La Mode, since the mew mew seiyuu sing that song.

mew mews: tokimeki! (Excitment building)
tokidoki (Sometimes)
mew mews: dokidoki! (Heart thumping)
Ichigo: iron na koto ga shitai (I want to try everything!)

Song: Seize the Day by Default
Anime: D.Gray Man
Anime character(s): Kanda
Video Game: Super Smash Brothers Brawl
Video Game character: Wolf O-Donnell from Star Fox Assault
OC: Ray Eclrida, copyright of me (duh!)
OC Quote: "No, he just keeps getting beaten in the head with his own stupidity."-Ray Eclrida
hikari0205
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[u]Chobits[/u]
I really like Chobits ... the combination of funny and stupid with some sexual references in makes it awesome to watch , it may not be my favourite anime but it's up there with the others . My favourite character so far has to be Chii , it's mainly because of her actions but she was really annoying to start with until i got used to her more . Sumomo is annoying with her whistle though ... but i suppose thats what makes her .. her ! Being annoying . the animation is pretty clear too , some of the animations ive seen are rather sketchy but this is really well drawn . I really want to read the manga too so i'm on the search for it at the moment Razz
River_Phoenix
Very bored

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the art in chobits ^^ but taht kind of manga isn't my thing

Fave Manga: Loveless Laughing

Fave Anime : Fruits Basket totally ^_^

i also preffer original manga over anime. Animes always leave things out that was originally in the manga, to cut it short and to save money . . . . animes can be really time consuming also. Mangas r the way to go! ^_^
Brianhjh

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fav. Manga: Blade of the Immortal/Monster

Fav. Anime: FLCL
Fayore

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

!! FLCL! You get bonus points for that. :D

That's another one of my favourites. XD Haruko pwns.

[quote]mew mews: tokimeki! (Excitment building)
tokidoki (Sometimes)
mew mews: dokidoki! (Heart thumping)
Ichigo: iron na koto ga shitai (I want to try everything!)[/quote]

...You're going from Honobono's fansub, aren't you? o_o; Just so you know, those people are some of the worst translators I've ever seen. (You know they're bad when a person with [i]one[/i] year of schooling can pick out mistakes, as I've noticed.)

Tokimeki [トキメキ] is derived from 'tokimeku' [ときめく], and that's used to describe throbbing. I can kinda see how it connects with "excitement building", but... wait, actually, I don't. Neutral Only if I bend my brain into some sort of oblong shape.

Dokidoki [ドキドキ] is actually a sound effect. It [i]would[/i] mean "heart thumping" if they had put some form of "suru" after it, to show it's an action, but the lyrics don't. It's a sound effect, and probably would have better been translated as "thump, thump!" Weird concept to us foreigners, maybe, but I'm pretty sure that Japanese people use sound effects a [i]lot[/i] to describe things in regular speech. I guess that's just me getting literal on Honobono's ass, though.

As for the last thing, "iro na koto ga shitai" [いろな事がしたい] means "I want to try a lot of things", not "everything".

And that's just the lyrics. In the actual episodes, there's probably a huge load of mistakes (but I'm not in that fandom, so I couldn't give you an example off the top of my head).
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
dolphinprincess
Cold Warrior

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I don't go to Honobono's fansubs. I go to this Tokyo Mew Mew fansite (called Neko-Tokyo) that has lyrics of the songs (Japanese, English, and Italian). However, the fansite has episode fansubs from Honobono's. But, it has a lot of good stuff, like lots of pics, characters, a mew mew rpg, episode guides, stuff on Mew Mew Power (like deleted/altered scenes, comparisons) and a fandub that the mods at Neko Tokyo are working on (I haven't seen anything of it yet).
Song: Seize the Day by Default
Anime: D.Gray Man
Anime character(s): Kanda
Video Game: Super Smash Brothers Brawl
Video Game character: Wolf O-Donnell from Star Fox Assault
OC: Ray Eclrida, copyright of me (duh!)
OC Quote: "No, he just keeps getting beaten in the head with his own stupidity."-Ray Eclrida
Fayore

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They probably took it off of Honobono's subs, then, because I doubt two different groups would translate something the same way wrong.

Lmao. That site. Once the webmistress of that site said that she thought Ringo was Ichigo's cousin, if I remember correctly. XDDD (I've played the game, so... ^^;;; ) ...hate Ringo. Flippin' Mary Sue. <<;
orangemusicnote101614
Still very bored

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really have a lot of favorites....as I don't know where to find them on TV, and I can only afford to buy one series for $10.00 every other month, thanks to VIZ's new schedule or something (used to be able to by the next book in my series everymonth, but they changed it.)

So my favorite manga right now is Hana Kimi: For You in Full Blossom. It's a very realistic, humorous, and romantic story about a girl who goes to Japan to meet her idol high-jumper, but he goes to an all-boys school. So the heroine disguises as a boy! A lot of interesting things happen, so this manga always has you guessing and is very enjoyable to read.
Big_Pimpin_Domo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i like...hmmm

Inuyasha
Ranma
Mermaid forest
Fruits basket
Trigun
Fushigi yugi
Ceres
Alice 19th
Yu-Gi-Oh
Digimon (1st season only)
confidential confessions (sp?)
D.n. Angle (is it le or el...?)
Peach Girl
Mars
Sgt Frog
Battle angle alita
Budah (sp?)
Iron wok jan
3x3 eyes
FMA
Tokyo Babylon
CCS
Clamp school detectives
Wish
Happy mania
Happy lesson
Naruto
Real bout high school
A.I. love you
Love hina
Dream saga
Saint tail
Tokyo mew mew
FLCL
Chobits
Clover
Correcter Yui
Demon Diary
Dragon knights
kill me kiss me
Reality check
Kindaichi case files
Kare kano
Juline
I.N.V.U
.hack
Girl got game
getbackers
forbidding dance
Angelic Layer
Man of many faces
Mirical Girls
Paradise kiss
Pet shp of horrors
Pita ten
Planet ladder
Princess Ai
zodiac P.I.
Tramps like us
The one i love
Sorcerer Hunters
shutter box
rebound

...i know theres more...ummm..heh heh
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Rindi_chan
Forum contributor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, sheesh, what anime series [i]don't[/i] you like? XD
Brianhjh

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That guy just listed about 30% of the anime on this planet while having an avatar from Jak
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Anime & Manga All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: