Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
The Official Favorite Anime Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Anime & Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
2good2bebad
Forum contributor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love mostly Kyo Kara maou but i do like The Wallflower, Yugioh, Rurouni Kenshin and alot of others
SexySpoonsWillRuleUsAll
Rookie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the moment, mine is [b]Yami no Matsuei[/b]. I love the plot, the characters, their depressive pasts... and my god, the FLUFF! It's got a balance between action, drama, humour and romance which I find very appealing Very Happy
tsuki50
Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hm...my favorites would most definitly have to be Hana-kimi and full metal panic!. And once again, i some how stumbbled upon it when it first came out.( US for FMP, hana no yume for hana-kimi) Dude I felt so alone loving those! Especially hana-kimi, it vertually had no fan sites(Us or Japan!) I could console to! It's so awesome tho, if anyone's ever read it. It's hilarious, but still has that soft shojo love story. and the main character mizuki is so awesome, naive, head-strong, stubbon and cute! the art nakajo produces is pure genius! Yea...but now they have it as a taiwan tv drama and it became a huge hit racking in alot of amutuer fans...but *le sigh* who's complaining....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
KeheiZero
Elder In Training

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A new favourite of mine:

[b]GaoGaiGar[/b]
Possibly the greatest mecha show I've ever seen. 10 years old, and still some great animation. The 3G team and it's giant robot GaoGaigar fight aliens trying to turn all of humanity into mindless robots. A real light-hearted show with lively characters and the upbeat message that courage can defeat all. ("Victory goes to...[i]those with courage![/i]") It's the little things as well, showing you how they dissamble the robot after a fight and wash it, the few occasions where attacks backfire or combining sequences don't work. (ie. He uses the rocket punch-style attack and the hand is destroyed, leaving him at a disadvantage for the rest of the fight.) Plus the catchiest opening theme ever. Smile
The sequel GGG FINAL is just as good. Same high level of animation, and possibly the greatest final fight ever.
2good2bebad
Forum contributor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="SexySpoonsWillRuleUsAll"]At the moment, mine is [b]Yami no Matsuei[/b]. I love the plot, the characters, their depressive pasts... and my god, the FLUFF! It's got a balance between action, drama, humour and romance which I find very appealing Very Happy[/quote]

I agree i have just finished watching the show and it was great and now has become my Fav anime of all time as well as yu yu hakusho
PuraTori
Still very bored

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there is so many I like.. so i'll just a few, deathnote (its creepy and fascinating), bleach (its funny and it has action), d.gray-man (its funny)... fma (its funny) well any anime that has action or comedy or an interesting plot! heh that could be all of them...
PowerRanger
Still very bored

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've gone right off anime, and since this topic also suggests that manga can be listed, then I'll post my favourite manga. In order.

1) Fruits Basket (really funny and serious at the same time)
2) DN Angel (I adore the plot and characters)
3) Eerie Queerie! (the situations they get up to are funny)
4) Naruto (I just love this manga- it's most awesome indeed)
5) RG Veda (from CLAMP and most enjoyable)

I've just read Fruits Baskets 15 and 16, and I am both impressed and intrigued by the events what took place there. I cannot wait for 17 to come out- Hanajima's on the front cover!!
hammychick01
Rookie

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 5:12 am    Post subject: My fav anime Reply with quote

Tokyo Mew Mew- Pretty funny and the outfits are pretty cute ^^
Pita Ten- Well Funny
Chobits- Very very funny
Sonic x- Im not very interested but its kinda funny and the games are pretty cool
_Tamama_
Rookie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read more manga than I watch anime, so far the only anime series that I made it all the way through is Fullmetal Alchemist. (I have watched bits and pieces of quite a few others)

Fave. manga = Keroro Gunso, or Dragn Knights, because both are amusing.
MadeOfGlass

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't watch much anime anymore but I read alot of fruits basket manga, I guess it's my faveourite cause I don't read/watch many other things
MalickLuster
Newb

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favorite Mangas and Anime ... hmmm:

Yugioh
Dragonball Z
Pokemon (idk if Pokemon counts)

IDK I'll think of some more later
haoasakura7

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

from most liked to least liked:shaman king
fullmetal alchemist
naruto
all of the gundam series
zatch bell
mar
yu yu hakasho
ruroni kenshin(also known as samurai x)
well this is about all that i can think of
Jedi
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

((My tastes have changed... being that I no longer love some manga and anime, so I'll put in a few of my favourites here))

[b]Fruits Basket- the manga[/b] I like this because it's funny and serious at the same time. I love the antics the characters get up to. My most favourite character is Kyo Sohma, whom I feel sorry for... other than that, he is drop dead gorgeous!! I also like the artwork. While it looks simple, some of it can be very detailed and the perspective is very good. Basically it's about this family, who when members are hugged by the member of the opposite sex, they transform into their Chinease Zodiac animal. This can also happen when they grow weak from illness or fatigue. They are watched over by the head of the family, who is a nightmare!! I hate him so much *grr*

[b]Eerie Queerie! the manga- there's no anime to this and by gum, I wish they'd make one!![/b] It's mild boy love. While I'm not happy with same sex love and all ((noone flame me, please)), this is a damn good manga. It's about this boy who can see ghosts. If you read this, you might find that the proportions of the characters seem off... but don't let that put you off, for the story is funny and engrossing at the same time. It's a four part series, so it's perfect for anyone who doesn't like long series of manga!

[b]Odin: Photon Space Sailor Starlight- anime[/b] I don't even know if there's a manga version, as it doesn't seem popular and I don't think many have even heard of it. It was done in the late eighties and is science fiction. Basically, the crew of the Starlight mutiny against the wishes of the captain and set off on a fantastic jouney after finding a sole survivor of a crash scene in space. There's tons of techno babble, but I warn you: DO NOT touch the dub- whole scenes were axed from it... I know, for I have both versions, and learned the hard way as I had the dubbed version first. GET the Japanese original and you'll do fine. The special effects are awesome in this anime film.
dragoon1987
Newb

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bleach
neon gennisis
all gundams excluding sd(super deformed)
hellsing
yu yu hakasho
ruroni kenshin

idk but i think thats it
ronnie343

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[b]School Rumble:[/b] It's pretty funny. I find it entertaining to read at times. I love the original order of the names and the characters' personalities. I'm considering getting the anime on DVD once it comes out in August.

[b]My Cat Loki:[/b]Reading about a relationship between a cat and its owner boring? I find it not!
SharonROB
Newb

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1.DBZ
2.Naruto
3.Bleach
4.YuYu Hakusho
5.One piece
PhoenixAshes
Still very bored

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My list is a bit weird...a mix of shojo fluff and bloody action...

1)Vision of Escaflowne (anime)
--a gorgeously animated fantasy world with giant robots, airships, war, and love. Pure perfection.--

2)Trigun (Anime. Some people adore the manga, but I thought it was too visually confusing)
--A sci-fi western that's got action, humor, tragedy, and some of the best dang character development out there--

3)Yami no Matsuei (manga ONLY...the anime is no where near as good)
--Blood, Bishies, death, humor, and mild-ish yaoi. And utterly gorgeous art.--

4) Fruits Basket (anime and manga)
--An adorable mix of fluff, humor, and the fallout from tragic pasts. The ultimate shojo anime/manga--

5)Bleach (anime and manga)
--Action. And more action. And even more well-animated, quickly moving action. And a decent plot that makes you care about the characters.--

6)Gungrave (anime)
--A somewhat obscure anime that involves the Mafia and zombies. Yeah, that's right. Zombies. Sweet gunfights and a thick, juicy plot with great characters and writing. Contains the best death-scene known to mankind.--

7)Ouran High School Host Club (anime=wonderful. I've never read the manga)
--Pure shojo fluff, chock full of shippage and bishies. 'Nuff said.--

8)Fullmetal Alchemist (both the anime and manga are excellent, despite diverging completely halfway through))
--A most excellent series that is near impossible to summarize. Great characters and a deep plot.--

9)DNAngel (manga=beautiful. Anime=diverges from manga, is only so-so)
--Fantasy angel anime that involves a love rectangle. Said rectagle complicated by the fact that the two girls are identical twin sisters and the two boys are actually the same person. Very cute, and the art in the later manga volumes is beautiful.--

10)Death Note (anime and manga)
--A thrilling chase for a supernatural killer, seen from every perspective. If you're looking for an anime/manga that makes you think and question your morality, this is it.--
May the force be with y'all!
jettmanas
Newb

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Giant Robo (few episodes, 10 years in the making & it shows)

Lupin (great characters- seen most the movies, but not many TV eps)

PPG Z (silly writing for kids, but well-drawn, funny & something new)
hokypokyman
Newb

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 5:15 am    Post subject: Definetly..no. Um... Damm. OH! Reply with quote

Naruto: Have to watch from the start. My favorite show EVER. EVER,EVER.

Just because of the complex storyline that leaves you hanging and makes

you cry Crying or Very sad ,laugh Very Happy ,be mad Mad , [color=red]it just keeps you goin' !!.[/color]

Death Note: Just started, but looks like a very good anime.
!Very Mysterious!
The Death Note twists the main character into a mad killer, plus the fact he cant go to heaven or hell, so he will live in an alternate world FOREVER.

Note:These shows all are
[color=red][size=24]ANIME DUE TO THEIR VIOLENCE AND THE WAY THE STORY AND CHARACTERS ARE DRAWN AND MADE![/size]![/color]
Very bored

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Black Lagoon, that´s it, my favorite. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Anime & Manga All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: