Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Q: Can You Make A Category For My Fanart?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Frequently Asked Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stratadrake
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:48 am    Post subject: Q: Can You Make A Category For My Fanart? Reply with quote

[b]I've checked the category list thoroughly, but there is no category matching the fanart I want to submit. Can you create one?[/b]
Yes (usually). Please direct your request to our Category Assistance forum section and we will review it.

[i]Update:[/i] There is currently a bug in the category select box causing certain categories to be missing from the list. We're looking into it.

[b]How will I know when the category has been added?[/b]
You will need to return to the forums and review your request topic to see what the latest developments are. You may also "Subscribe" to the topic so that the FAC forums will automatically notify you, via e-mail, of any new updates to the request topic.

As a general rule, please wait at least 24-48 hours (one or two days) before reviewing the status of your request.

For more information on this subject, please refer to the Category Assistance forum section, as well as the pinned threads inside of it.

Last edited by Stratadrake on Tue Jun 06, 2006 4:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Reepicheep-chan
Very bored

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, this is now out-of-date and I am a little confused about the way it is done now. When you say "Create an alias of another category" what exactly do you mean? Like, a catergory with a different name that leads to an already existing catergory?
Stratadrake
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "Request new subcategory" link has bugs in the system; if you would like to propose a new category discussion, do so in the forums.

But for the record, an "alias" is a redirect to an existing category, basically meaning that the same category can be accessed from two (or more) different locations in the system.

For example, the "Pokmon" heading under Cartoons, which redirects to Anime/Manga > Pokmon (the actual category).

On the other hand, some older categories (such as Sonic the Hedgehog) exist in multiple locations, but these are discrete categories each with its own separate listing and we will be converting them into aliases (redirects).
Reepicheep-chan
Very bored

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mmkay, thank you for the info.
ChainsawHero
Newb

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey i just submitted a pic, but where is the 'original; category?
Stratadrake
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Merged and removed a long time ago (last Christmas). Fanart Central is firstly a website for [b]fan[/b] art, which is why most of the headings are arranged the way they are.

For original art that does not qualify as Fantasy or Furry art, use the Miscellaneous heading. It has a lot of sections geared towards more general, original art.
Strata here: [url=http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/242293]Nanowrimo[/url] - [url=www.fanart-central.net/user-Stratadrake.php]FAC[/url] - [url=http://stratadrake.deviantart.com]dA[/url] - [url=www.furaffinity.net/user/Stratadrake/]FA[/url]
[size=9]Disclaimer: Posts may contain URLs. Click [url=http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TVTropesWillRuinYourLife]at your own risk.[/url][/size]
ChainsawHero
Newb

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Frequently Asked Questions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: