Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Why Mtv Sucks.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> TV & Movies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lasher
I used to work here

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, has anyone forgot? It's MTV for a reason!

Apperantly they have so.

This is basically for everything you dislike and hate about hte god damn place.

My number one, Carson Daily, god i wish the sky would just fall on him!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SgtNeko-chan
Still very bored

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate all the commercials. Hello? It's MUSIC TV, not Commercial TV. Every time I turn on MTV there's a commercial. If I wanted one of those, I'd watch infomercials.
Lasher
I used to work here

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh, i know what you mean. I will come straight out though and admit i do watch the real world and the real world, road rules challenge. I love seeing how people act stupid and fight over the stupidest bullshit.

I love sitting their and analyzing those people and their pathetic problems and dramatized life while eating my chinese take out. Speaking of chinese take out, where is it. Ack, i'm starved.

But yeah, i think they need to send TRL to the grave all ready <_<
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
BAMFManiac
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what happened to the music of music television? when they're not showing unimaginative and senseless reality shows (no offense lasher), they are showing music videos that are incredibly limited in their genre and content (basically pop and rap). trl doesn't even count as a music video program b/c it's mostly random fans yelling at you while the video's playing or those weird "vj's" or whatever who interview guests and talk about meaningless things. and half the time they only show 30 seconds of the video. mtv2 is becoming much the same, with 3-hour blocks of rap videos and reruns of trl. if you're going to go to the trouble of actually [i]showing[/i] music videos on this so-called "music television" (like mtv2 occasionally does), at least have a little variety.

i'm not sure if video killed the radio star, but i know for a fact that mtv killed music television. (how's that for an oxymoron?)

i think i've said it before, but i think it's all a conspiracy to raise the sales of music video dvds. ooo scary. and i don't even want to get started on what i think about music videos themselves. jeezus what is this crap they are they spewing out nowadays with hundreds of scantily-clad women shaking their asses in your face? it's either that or some popstar attempting to dance, or closeups of a "punk" band playing in some "cool" venue being "rebels." ugh.
Lasher
I used to work here

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No offense Alex, like i said, i only watch those shows for entertainment, and i'm into this pyschological crap, so i basically sit there, read a magazine, talk to you guys, and analyz the rats. And that's if i see the show at all.

But on TRL, well, it sucks. I hated it from the very beginning. It annoyed me how they never played the videos all the way through, but ever year they get worse. And the sound of screaming sorority girls just gets to me like no other!

The "VJ's" have the easy mother f**king job ever.

And here i was thinking i might have MTV2 to look to once in awhile but all they do is play hip hop and rap half the time! i want some freakin descent music man! Grr!
BAMFManiac
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol it's ok i know a lot of people who watch them just for entertainment. that's interesting that you look at it from a more psycological point of view, tho. heh let's play "how many crazy, self-absorbed people can we embarass?" personally, i just hate reality shows. they make me sick. so it's not just the mtv ones like real world and road rules, it's every one.

and yes. those damn screaming sorority girls. *twitch*
Rock
Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it sucks because all they ever play is rap(crap without the c) and pop(new pop) which sucks less but still sucks Surprised

all the shows suck too because they are always about a crappy stars life! Grr!

and yes it sucks <_<

I only watch It because my cousin forces me or he will kick and scream!!! Sad

I hate rap and pop can you tell :wacko:

I feel like a lawyer arguing over why MTV really sucks! WTF?
kathyhime85
Very bored

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate rap and pop with a passion. Gibe me my rock, my guitar solos, my drum solo's, they lyrics that you dont understand but cant help but sing along too, and I'll be happy
Lasher
I used to work here

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, well Alex, i hate reality shows, i hate survivor, all those bach--- urm...shows. lol. i just forgot how to spell there, sorry. Razz

But i use to love real world when it first came out and i was little. I don't like them really. But i told my mom once that once i was old enough i might try and get onto it. She told me "But those shows are such bullshit" and told her, yeah, i know, but they don't have to pay rent for four months, get a free computer with free internet, cool gadets and books all around, although their all about sex but that doesn't bother me. So why not, if i could live somewhere for 4 months without paying rent, i'll do it!

I might actually have money to buy me clothes that way, and liqour, should i ever start drinking more than one ever few months <_< And you know what, i still would. In fact, once i graduate, i wouldn't mind going to one of the interviews.

I don't give a s**t about reality tv, what people think, and i'm always wanting to go live somewhere else but i'm afraid without someone being there. Nothing like having a whole camera crew with you. I'd fall over and hit them on purpose and jsut pretend i tripped over one of their wires.

They want drama so bad on those shows? i'll give them drama *gets evil eye look and pulls knife out of kitchen drawer" watermelon anyone?

Oh yeah, and they get cool jobs, like working for a record company? a tv station? not to mention it would get me good publicity for my writing *gets dollar bill signs in eyes* i really want a book published! Outta my way anne rice! ARGH!
Paru
Forum Scalleywag

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I avoid MTV, quite litterally, like the plague. I think this phobia has alot to do with Jessica Simpson.

Ech.
Lasher
I used to work here

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my god! I hate that stupid bitch!

I wish someone would shot her and put america out of it's freakin mind all ready! God damn does she annoy me *twitches*

now look what you done, you got me started *walks off twitching*
fallenangel
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're purposefully starting these kinds of threads, aren't you, after I said I was going to avoid this forum because television show discussions bug me.

Let's see, everything wrong with MTV...

Think about the very first years of MTV. Let alone the very first weeks. Nothing but solid blocks of music videos because that's what the channel was. Videos. About music. And there was every kind of music that was willing to make a video. Madonna, Prince, Twisted Sister, Van Halen, Devo, Culture Club, you name it. All through the 80s there were great videos and the shows at most were like Headbangers Ball. 3 solid hours of rock videos and band appearances. Now there's pop, rap, or pop punk. For 30 seconds or if you're really lucky the whole thing just with some annoying text running along half the screen about the new reality shows.

The VJs are just sad now. I'm not claiming the originals were brilliant, but at least they were tolerable.

The entire problem is after the 80s, the young cool staff they started with weren't young anymore. And having those people (who supported the idea of MUSIC television) hanging around when they were no longer trendy wouldn't be good, now would it? So a new staff comes in, finds a quick way to make a buck, and destroys the channel because they care about success and their paycheck, not about the whole reason the channel was started. Assholes. Grrr. Oh how I hate MTV.

My personal grudge against them is the way they edit and exploit "The Osbournes", which is partially Sharon's fault, but MTV is far from innocent.

Lasher
I used to work here

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh the whole f**king osbourne s**t pisses me off. Yeah, sharon has to do with it as well, but god damn what are those people thinking! Their the freakin Osbournes for god's sake!

I would give anything for MTV to be how it was in the 80's. The headbangers ball would be my heaven! and i garantee i'd fall asleep listening to that instead of my iPod if i could.

I have to have music playing to fall asleep unless sick or exhausted like nothing else, but sometimes, like lately, i don't know what i want to listen to and i get frustrated trying to find something on my own, and just last night i kept wishing there was something i could listen to on the tv, something i didn't have to worry about picking the song out for, and the one after that, and i could just rest, and have my music, and my sleep.

MTV ruined everything, i wish kurt would go and just suck his dick and leave MTV alone. If i had it my way, the only person who i would allow to stay would be that gidian yago or whatever guy. That's only because he's done some good documentary work on the middle east and war lately, and is saying things not out right against the president, but he is, just being classy about it and professional. He's the only person on there i can stand the least bit really.
BAMFManiac
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

indeed i wish mtv was like it used to be. i see documentaries and interviews and whatnot about the original mtv and it makes me wish i was born just a little bit sooner. it also makes me wish i could walk into mtv studios and infect everyone there with the ebola virus. then i could take over and play MUSIC. yay.

i need music to fall asleep, too, lasher. ever since i was a little kid. i hate silence. it makes me uneasy. a lot of times i can't figure out what i want to listen to, either, so i'm a big playlist person. i have several, organized by type of music plus one general playlist that i listen to the most with my favourite bands on it. i have a sleep playlist that helps me calm down, too. and when i'm too tired to care, i just put the radio onto the college station i like and fall asleep to that.
Lasher
I used to work here

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have playlist on my iPod as well, but when i'm like this, it doesn't matter, the only thing that doesn't get to me if someone like on the radio, is picking the songs for me. hard to explain but yeah.
BAMFManiac
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

o i see i see. well i can fall asleep to this radio station b/c a lot of it is college bands anyway, so i don't know most of the songs. they also don't have too many commercials or talking, so i'm able to ignore it and just fall asleep. lol sometimes if i listen to music that i know, i end up staying awake so i can sing along to it...
Lasher
I used to work here

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol, well that could be a problem. The only time i listen to the radio is when i'm driving, and it must be on. I always have it on K-Rock, i love howard stern in the morning. The only talk show i will ever listen to.
fallenangel
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howard Stern is the man. Yes he is.

What really annoyed me semi-recently was when VH1 started adding talking to their top 20 countdown during the videos. It's bad enough they leave the same videos on it for 6 months when NO ONE even cares about the song anymore, but I don't need to hear the same dumb comments every week. MTV is such a bad influence.
BAMFManiac
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ick i agree there is way too much talking wherever music videos are concerned. i just want to see the music videos, not people talking about them! sometimes seeing the artist's input and opinion about their video can be interesting, but that's about it. and there still isn't a need to show that during the video- just show it after or before.

and yea howard stern is cool. i don't listen to the show anymore, tho. i usually listen to a cd in the mourning, or nothing at all if i'm running late and in too much of a hurry (which is usually the case)
xWildfirEx
Has No Life

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't get the point of music videos. Well, most of them, anyway. I liked P.O.D's 'Chnage the world' video.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> TV & Movies All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: