Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Beware! Art Thief!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Artist Abuse Assistance
View previous topic :: View next topic  
setomarik2112
Newb

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is inform you that an artist here is being ripped off by this same thief

"slifertheskydragon" is being ripped off BADLY right now!

-if you see:
"xslifertheskydragonx" that is the thief

see : http://slifertheskydragon.deviantart.com/ for the REAL artist's comments on this

there will be a huge bunch of links posted on http://crimes.wawemail.com/

you can help the REAL artist by reporting these thefts.

Here's just one: http://www.freewebs.com/xslifertheskydragonx/index.htm

http://yaoi.y-gallery.net/user/slifertheskydragon/ --is already banned but take a look and you can see what's going on.

-check the Crimes site for more. names..she's been very busy.

Brianhjh

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad that I don't do fanarts, no one willingly buys Original works. . . . .
brent
Very bored

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

someone needs to get a knife and knife-rape her computer or something while she is somewhere else.
anime-junkie
Still very bored

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is insane!!!!! how could she STILL be getting away with it, if so many people know about it?! she is taking good quality things that might have taken days for these people to finish, taking it and claiming it as her own, what does she do, does she print it out, then take it, white it out, and then do her own signiture?! this is so crazy that she hasnt been stoped!,, has her user gallery been removed yet?! is she still getting credit for these pictures? or is she finaly being shunned from the commuinty! it sickens me hows shes getting away with this so esily!
setomarik2112
Newb

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since I posted last-you'd be surprised how much she has been getting away with.

She's not so much into fanart at the moment-but anthro, fantasy, animals, tarot designs, etc. "High End" art, from famous and semi-famous artists-she's into Identity theft and art theft.

But keep an eye for that sort of art here.

There have been many, many,many... updates at http://crimes.wawemail.com/ in all sections since my last post about this in March.

I still can't believe she is getting away with all of this after all this time. Rolling Eyes
layzcarter
I used to work here

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She just had two more on fac that we managed to get rid of within a couple of days after she created the accounts.
SoaringKitty
Very bored

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmmm...... I can't do anything big, but I'll see if I can spread the word on Gaia!
setomarik2112
Newb

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She's back to stealing YuGiOh again. (and she's here again but I can't tell you on here what name she is using)

I will be sending in a report.

So watch your fanart again. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
Stratadrake
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(You could also PM site staff and we'll take notes.)
Art-Queen
Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 1:15 pm    Post subject: She did it again. Reply with quote

I just found out that she just took the identity of someone else. The users name was neondragonart. I noticed it when "Stacey" posted a picture and it went to the front of the website; it was called Kirin I believe. About two day after it was posted I saw that it was gone from it's place and I couldn't figure out why that picture was gone. So I went to the abused profile and saw that it had been banned. While reading the Banner, I saw the name Stacey and it reminded me of this individual page. It made my sister and I angry and a fool to think that was actually the real Neondragonart. I kind of praised the real artist and to find out that such a successful artist's work was stolen makes me not want to be an artist. Just to have someone like this "Stacey" steal it for her own personal gain SUCKS. I officially [color=red]HATE[/color] Stacey and all her other little alias.
Stratadrake
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I conversed with "neondragonart" for a short while. I suspected something might have been up, because Jessica DOES actually still have an FAC account ([url=www.fanart-central.net/user-neondragon.php]neondragon[/url]).

I didn't process the ban (for which I'm actually a bit relieved), but I was very careful in the comments I made to her anyway. On one hand, nothing worse than accusing an artist of stealing their own work, but on the other, we have seen some theft lately, and don't want to do anything that would encourage a theft, either.
Art-Queen
Rookie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw thoses comments you made. At first I didn't relize what you were even talking about but it clicked afterwards. What really confused me about that profile was the age that was posted there. She said she was 20. I know the real artist went to college and that probably meant she is at least 22, if she got out of highschool at 18 and got out of college 4 years later. Making her 22 or older. But I'm glad she actually has an account her. I personally didn't know that she was here in the first place. Also I'm happy that you didn't have to banned that profile. It would have probably felt akward or something.
Stratadrake
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to one of neondragon's dA submissions, Neondragon is currently 23 (and soon to be 24).
Lizkay
Very bored

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am still wondering about one artpiece.. thought I may mention it here, since the signature tells another artist name than the name she/he has here, and I know the real artist of this work, asked her if she is here and just changed her name.. but just as I supposed.. it isn't her, she told me that she already sent a note to that "user" but I still see the pic around so I guess he/she doesn't really care... I am going to send further details of this via note to an admin.. if this is the better choice just tell me. Wink
Touzoku-joou
Oldbie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually just noticed that today. I saw the date and name were off, so I looked the creator up on dA, and she even made a big journal on the subject. :/ Poor girl.
Lizkay
Very bored

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw it too, her stuff is/was taken/stolen a lot.. by various people without asking, sadly because a lot tend to like/love or have fox, dog, canine character and so they just take what they find..
Touzoku-joou
Oldbie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the reasons I'm glad I'm not in the anthro "fandom". I see a lot of art stealinggoing on within. It was almost insane how many things I recognized from various artsites on Neopets, no doubt most of which were stolen. :/ I've only had my art stolen once (and it was a terrible picture, too xD; ), but it wasn't a pleasant experience.

And I keep hearing all these optimists saying, "That's just a weird way of complimenting you! They think your art is good enough to steal!" Bullshit. If they respected you, they would respect your feelings as well.
Lizkay
Very bored

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my I just had a closer look at the gallery..
I see art from Sammy (SamanthaRobinson), Maetel, Valixy, and Keihound, hmm.. I guess it's time to write a bigger note than, not sure what's better, to inform the admins or the artists....

It's the theme of the pics... I have one pic which shows a neutral gryphon, I think that one was stohlen 100 times, but what exactly can you do against it? Not posting in the internet.. okay, but than all the fun with the arts is gone... Crying or Very sad so I guess you have to live with it.
Stratadrake
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Admins, usually. Smile

I've already prosecuted the two ones from Valixy. Currently evaluating the others...

. . . (edit) Okay, done.
Strata here: [url=http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/242293]Nanowrimo[/url] - [url=www.fanart-central.net/user-Stratadrake.php]FAC[/url] - [url=http://stratadrake.deviantart.com]dA[/url] - [url=www.furaffinity.net/user/Stratadrake/]FA[/url]
[size=9]Disclaimer: Posts may contain URLs. Click [url=http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TVTropesWillRuinYourLife]at your own risk.[/url][/size]
DranzersFire
Newb

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude, this seriously is crazy, I mean some chic assumes the identity of just about every name under the sun just to steal their works, talk about serious problems!! Doesn't this "Stacey" whatever know what moralities and Copyright laws are (even though I'm Athiest but I took those Bible-lessons in Primary School; as well as one of the 10 commandments "Thou Shall Not Steal" )? They ain't there for show and tell!!

If this "Stacey"-whatever steals my identity and my artwork she will pay, it may seem harsh but I've got an extremely low tolerance (say in the negative percentage, -100% comes close) for theft and plagiarism especially used to tarnish someone else's reputation, if she does this more than once then that's enough to tell me that she has got no honour or respect and doesn't deserve the title "artist"

Those are just my own two cents however...
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Artist Abuse Assistance All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: