Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Why Are You Here?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> FAC Site Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xWildfirEx
Has No Life

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone can complain. Now lets think of something good about the site instead. I'm wondering, if we can get 15 pages of complaints, why are you people still here? What is it that keeps you from storming out?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
fallenangel
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because no matter how much people bitch and whine, the facts are all other sites are ten times worse.
jhonenfreak
Elder In Training

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love art.

I love drawing it, getting comments on it, and looking at it. Lots and lots of yummy yummy art.
Blairs_Darkness
Very bored

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got nothing better to do! ^^
Papercut_Dragon
Would like fries with that

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a good site that I can upload my art into, and I'm able to show my friends all my digital stuff right here without having to email it to them.

And Fallen's right. All the other sites pretty much suck. Too many rules, can't search pictures, limited posting subjects, etc.
BAMFManiac
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mm i guess same as everyone else- i love drawing, and getting comments that are more objective then those of my friends. but one of the great things about the site is how you can submit anything you draw- it isn't specific to just anime or something. plus the people here are so nice! that's why i hang around. i like talking to everybody here
jhonenfreak
Elder In Training

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The forums. I forgot to mention the forums. Duh. Very interesting topics always going around, plus contests, requests, art help, etc.

I'm addicted to FAC. Smile
jhonenfreak
Elder In Training

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same here. I've been here since February and already have 1/4 the forum posts Fallen does.
fallenangel
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a sad sad little person who procrastinates on life far too much. So I don't count for anything. Just think of how much more you've contributed than pow's 1200 examples of brain damage.

How long's this board been here, anyway? I don't remember when we switched over.
DaBear
Site Helper

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow Amy I didnt even notice how many post were under your avatar. I agree with both JHF and Fallen though they are worthy posts. I remember when I had close to the same post as you...I guess I dont have as much time to post.

Ive been here since about Febuary also and have to say this site give good exposer, has a darn decient aproval system (sometimes its slow but hey if you did it right come back the next day and your pic will be up), and it has a forum section thats good (some a little outrageous and others just childish but most are good to bond to other artists and get advice).

I believe this is the best site for posting art I am on...and Im not just saying that. Go to some others that have such tight guidelines youd like to strangle someone (not enough this too little that, and then you see crap up also) this site dose good and with volunteers to work on it.....definetly the best site. Denis has a good thing going here.

thanx Bruce

God did that sound suck up or what...lol
I did mean everything I wrote, sincerely
iamem0tionless
How can I get a custom title thing?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just like the site, mostly. I remember one day, about... two years ago? Maybe a year and a half ago, I found this site while looking up "Fanart". I didn't join at the time, I just looked around and ended up forgetting it. a while later, I was online and had nothing to do, so I came back to this site and joined Smile I love art. This summer I'm going to a camp for art and music... my art teacher wanted me to go last year, but I didn't have the chance due to money problems.

Another thing I like about this site is the people. Not all people, just this certain group of people Smile They all know who they are. I love posting on the forums and reading what they think. If you haven't noticed, a lot of people on here are some how... more original (?) than most people are. That's what I like, yep yep.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
layzcarter
I used to work here

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I looked up this place by lookn up fanart awhile ago. I used to only have my stuff up on KatC's SailorMoon fanart or whatever.. but her site went down so I needed to find a new place. I signed up here and at deviant art the same day i think. I liked the layout and such. DA seemed toooooo large and full of pompus artists. The comments here are usually nice. I like the new rules here too. Too much crap is on DA. And of course I love the forums now Smile Since I'm home all the damn time Smile It's nice to scan topics and read what ya'll are thinkn. Plus I got banned from DA awhile back.. so it then became my least fav art site. I made a new account there but I rarely post stuff there. And theotaku.com doesn't accept my kind of art.

So yeah... go FAC Smile
Lasher
I used to work here

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's pretty sad i've been here longer than you Carter and your far ahead of me on posts, you freakin bitch *waves old ladies cane at you and falls over* haha, wups, i forgot, your actually older than me! *gets up and brushes self off while thinking.

Well, i came here around, October i think of 03', maybe November, i'm not quite sure. I bet Denis could tell me, i don't remember though. Any how, was looking for Fanart. I scan fanart sites and such for possible artist to draw for me. If you don't all ready now this, i'm a writer who's been practicing with her skills of writing making Fanfics/original stories, getting feedback, and doing some major planning for a huge writing project of mine. Part of the process, getting good artist, with the right style for the right character, to draw my original characters. Why, because, i have to keep everythin on file and have examples for my readers. Plus, i'm copy righting my work when i get it down. And i like the drawings for reference.

Any how, i came here, poked aroudn the forums, found a few artist over time. Came into the chat, got to know the bunch of bitches and bastards i call friends, and they all know of whom they are of course "I love you you crazy bastards you!" lol. And i've stuck around because

1) New artist join everyday, thus new possiblities for me
2) inspiration for me on ym own work, writing or drawing
3) Talking in the forums, which is one of the best around really
4) The chat, until it went down that is Sad
5) And now, well, i help with everyone else keep this site up and going, and bugging Denis of course. So much fun! oh yeah!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Juli
Rookie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I came here because I am totally addicted to drawing and wanted to do something with my drawings besides shove them in my drawer and eventually the trash can. AFter a few weeks, i discovered the joy of commenting. Rolling eyes Fanart Central is a really great site, can't see why anyone would complain about it.
Kains_Vampire
Newb

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of my friends introduced it to me. I decided to join since I wanted a place to show off my art and hopefully get tips on how to improve it. I tried to join other fan art sites, and it's true, they are very strict, too many rules. One actually made me take a quiz on the rules, made me wait a week, then I was rejected. I think it was Elfwood or something...don't remember.
I also made a fan-art site of my own but it was a complete failure. Nobody visited, only my friends. It was also of poor quality.
Anyways, here, signing up is quick, there's not as many rules(but you do have to respect them Smile ), and the approval system is pretty fast, better than the others. Also, there are many terrific artists here, nice poeple, and people willing to give great advice! ^_^
Tis my favorite site. Smile
fallenangel
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep. Elfwood makes you take a quiz, wait two weeks for a decision on your art, and will reject you for something as petty as a desk not looking "fantasy" enough or a weapon belonging in the sci-fi section, but the sci-fi section rejects it as belonging where you first submitted. Very very poorly run site. Hideous layout, too.
Myst
Very bored

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like looking at other peoples art. I have never seen many of techniques and styles that people use. It's always cool to find something that I've never seen before. My friend who hasn't joined the site yet said that it was addicting to look at all the art, there's just so much of it.

It's great how you can post almost anything here. Smile

Hail cstdenis, for creating this superb site. Very Happy
Powtaz
Oldbie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am here because i like it here, and because its an entertaining site. and im here to entertain. lol
xWildfirEx
Has No Life

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still unconvinced. We have so many pages of complaints and so little complments... >_<
Papercut_Dragon
Would like fries with that

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because it's so easy to complain........ and everyone's too lazy to think of good things. At least I am. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> FAC Site Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: