Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
The Freewriting thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> General Writing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Honjetan
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Stratadrake (Strata)"] Dark and brooding, certainly.  The description of smells is a nice touch, although in most cases, you as a narrator should avoid addressing the reader direclty.  It also threw me for a small loop how you went into the guy's journal with no visual formatting (or dividers), I thought for a moment that you were back on narration, and not describing a journal entry from one of the characters. [/quote]
I will keep that in mind Strata. I'll attempt to fix it right now, in fact.

[b][u]Ryan Bell: A Serial Killer's Journal[/u][/b]
[i]Part 1[/i]

"I think we found some form of identification before Mr. Bell died." A grumpy looking, large man, who was not very well built, did not smell at all well, in fact, smelled more like a box of rotten donuts, flat greasy black hair, and a sweaty looking blue uniform. His cap was off at the moment, and hanging at a thin needle poking out of his side. How, or why he would put a needle in all places, would forever be banished to oblivion, unknown to the world. Small, eerie, pig-like eyes surveyed the world from under a mound of flab that threatened to envelop his forehead. His chin, which should not be mentioned, is more than a triple of even a quadruple or quintiple chin. If you can even imagine that, and which you shouldn't, you can see that it is an image best placed in hell. The large man took out a sheaf of papers from a manila envelop and placed them on a desk.

"Really? Where did you find the papers? Under his bed?"

"Very clever. Hell no, we found it in his basement."

"Alright then! Let me confirm that these are actually his."A much more, well built man, one who brought a woman home every night, unmarried, with a high and tight styled haircut, blue eyes that were resistable, but had to, absolutely clean teeth with no trace of plaque whatsoever, and a clear face. A badge was on his left breast confirming his authority as a detective. He took the papers, examining them for a minute or two, and breathed in and out slowly. The air conditioned room with lazy, white plastered walls with a horrifyingly horrendous yellow and white striped wallpaper decorated the wall in a disgusting fashion. It was definitely not the detective's fault. The man before him who had owned this room must have been homosexual. If not, he was gay. In the happy manner. He nodded at the police man who's eye twitched. He turned away and lurched out of the room like some bloated slug. When the man was gone, the detective gasped in air, hacked, and reached under his desk for his air freshener. He sprayed all over the room frantically ridding himself of the horrid smell the police man had brought in.

When all was done, only a tiny fragment lingered in the air, hinting the small existence of the police man inside the room. The detective settled down in his chair and examined the sheaf of papers sitting in front of him. He gripped the first page, put on his spectacles that he put on whenever he read, to avoid having to wear glasses permanently, adjusted his chair into a more favorable position, placed his two legs in a crossed position in the desk in front of him, and began to read the papers.

--------------------------

[i]May 6th, 2009
Journal Entry #1
Subject: Planning
An urge to kill?: Yes.[/i]

--------------------------

[b][u]Tobin Bell's Entry; Journal Entry #1[/u][/b]

[i]Normal words cannot describe this bloodthirsty urge to kill I suddenly have. Could it be the work of Satan? Being a worshiper of this great and sure to prevail Lord, I really hope so. Could he be urging this destruction raging inside my mind? Could he be causing the infactuation of death in my attitude? May my life be changed forever? The answer to all of this, is a certain YES. I am sure to all of these things, and all of these things I will carry out. He wants me to do one thing, and one thing only. Kill. Yes, he temptates others into making other people's lives spiral out of control, but I feel he is dictating me to do something much, much greater. Much, much greater than that that he does himself. Kill. Something he has done before, but erased the trails leading to the conclusion. He had helped me find my first prey, my first victim, my first kill. It is a man.

An all out religious leader, he sickens me to the core. He is clean, holy, purged from sin. Though, sin swirls in every person. In every heart. No one can escape it, except God, and Jesus himelf. The Father, the Son, and the Spirit. Heh, let's see if that rings true when the Revelation begins. Satan himself gave me the tools necessary to complete my task. Weapons too. Weapons I would never dream of holding. I shall murder him tonight, when he is in prayer. Lucky for me, he is single, therefore, there shall be absolutely, positively no trouble at all breaking into his house and killing him in prayer. Life cut short, as they say. After he is dead, I shall inflict stigmata wounds upon him. I shall do this forwith to all the other victims that are to die by my hand.

Tonight, a murder shall commence.

A night, to remember, in the most bloodied way possible.[/i]
Stratadrake
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, upon further thinking, putting the whole journal header/entry in italics could work too, since it makes it distinct from the narration.

As for what I wrote (FF6 passage), I was kinda thinking about FF6 and how the end of the world went about... the airship got torn in half like a sheet of paper, but I started thinking of how much more climactic it would be if Setzer deliberately rammed that thing into the Floating Continent to destroy it and Kefka....

Not to mention, it would also give him something to REALLY get drunk about later on in Kohlingen Laughing
Strata here: [url=http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/242293]Nanowrimo[/url] - [url=www.fanart-central.net/user-Stratadrake.php]FAC[/url] - [url=http://stratadrake.deviantart.com]dA[/url] - [url=www.furaffinity.net/user/Stratadrake/]FA[/url]
[size=9]Disclaimer: Posts may contain URLs. Click [url=http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TVTropesWillRuinYourLife]at your own risk.[/url][/size]
Alpha_zero
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am incredibly tired, and typing is beyond me. Don't ask how this is slipping down my exhausted fingers and onto your screen, but its amazing how one week, ONE WEEK! can completely wreck your once perfect coordination with a keyboard. Still, whilst away skiing in Austria I was able to slip a certain amount of writing into the packed days. Please note that while you are reading these passages certain areas may be...Censored? Well, anyway, typo's I am afraid you must forgive me for, I am only just growing used to my keyboard once again. Anyway, let us not ramble anymore and stride forwards into one of the best weeks of my 12 year-old life!

[u]Day one[/u]
F**ckin' coach. Can't get to sleep, and when I do we always stop. <_< (I drew a bigger picture, but this will suffice) But there remains the prospect of two plastic sticks and two metal poles propelling me down the side of a giant rock...(This is where we had to put our lights out)

[u]Day two[/u]
W00t! Anyone who reads regularly on "Free writing" on FAC (Yes, I was thinking of you while away :wub: ) will understand my love and passion for football/soccer, whichever term you may use, but it will never replace my new passion. Skiing.

Shooting down a rough slope with only plastic sticks and poles for protection. Ok, so maybe not shooting, more...Uh...Slipping? Yes, my backside feels like I had my first battle in Wrestlemania, not a day out on the slopes. Still, the button lifts were fun, but the advanced group used gondalas. Pah!

I shall survive, although i'm sharing my room with three year eights (Groan) and and a year seven who hasn't ever heard of shower gel (Double groan) but I must pray that none them ever see this record of events, for it will be their deaths not mine...

[u]Day three[/u]

I lied. I do shoot down slopes at the speed of sound, speeding well over what were meant to, before colliding with a small drift of snow, catching the tip of your sleek skis and spinning to a powdery demise.

EVERYONE, And I stress that word, had atleast 20 falls today (Myself tumbling 23 times Wink) and are hobbling around their rooms, groaning in pain as the purple stain creeps across their bodies. Am I becoming more metaphoric? So it seems...(Finishes because then came our curfew <_<)

[u]Day four[/u]

...(Again...Stupid curfew)

[u]Day five[/]

Interesting, we had a presentation, in which ir eceived a silver medal for the slalom race today. Some buff (Buff : East London term for beatiful) girls around, I even got a few phone numbers!! But enough, let us admire the medal I earned with the strength and power of my parallel turning and incredible ability to slide over ice with ease. Ok, again, I lie, I can't slide over ice with ease, nistead I shudder angrily as the ice-rocks fight back against the grace of smoothly waxed skis. Not much more to say today...So, i'll sign off. *Insert salute here* (Actually, that was a lie, because what I did have to say, which you will find out, is way way way too dangerous to be put in a pad that a teacher could read WTF? )

[U]Day six[/u]

Oh the joys of the Red slopes! (The skill levels of skiing slopes for those who don't know, goes: Nursery, Green, Blue, Red, Black) Its fun to feel the vibrations beneath your constantly swerving feet. Keeping calmly near the back of your group as it snakes down the mountainside, you can watch as we travel through the shade from some pine trees the skis underneath people bobble and suddenly upturn and disappear beneath a drift of white. But as you carefully swerve to over-take them, you must remember to watch out for the ice yourself!

Its very enjoyable to watch people swerve out of control and go spiralling down the mountainside, skis in odd directions, then catch another person and lob them even further down the mountain. But then of course the person infront of you stacks (Stacks : Another East london term, this time for falling/tripping) and tries to rip your legs off...
(This section contains PG-NC-17 material)
[b]Gossip corner!!!![/b]

Remember what i said about things that shouldn't be discovered by teachers...Well, if you have half a brain, the first verse of this random song I wrote will help you through this!

[b]Skiing down the hill[/b] (To be sung to the original beyblade song you know, "Lets go beybladers!")

[i]Running down the motorway, truck coming the other way,
(Pause for music = PFM)
I know what i'll do, i'll buy a pair of skis for you!
PFM
But first yuh gutta learn, hurry up, teachers tradin' sperm!
PFM
So, Lets go yuo skiers!
PFM
Go! Go! Go![/i]

Now, as I leave you with these files, that are now safely aboard my memory stick, I must find where I left Raven, seeing as he must go and discover the truth behind the Fendrin landings (And it involves ski-lifts :nod:)
Nilitac_Tesgrah
Oldbie

Location: Glaring at Google SketchUp for shutting down automatically. Again.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt, that was hilarious somehow. *giggle*

~~
Inspired by... a video game. *cue thunder and lightning* Condemned: Criminal Origins to be exact. I might make it into a fanfic... Is Imbobadous a word?
~~

[i]October 25, 2005
Diary of Anonymous Imbobadous

Ever since that FBI agent, Ethan Thomas, went haywire the way he did (stupid puns in this journal...), I've been tracking him. Every day, I get closer, yet more far away, each day. Halloween is approaching, the time that the cult that started this mess finishes it with some gruesome ritual that involves all who come into contact with their... Metal Monster, I suppose we could call it. s**t, the chief's coming...[/i]

Kaitlyn slammed the little notebook shut with a dull [i]slap[/i] as her boss stumbled through the door, tripping over a rope she'd set up to capture the Metal Monster.

"Kaitlyn, next time you know I'm coming, put down the damn ropes!" he growled, catching his breath from running halfway down the hall to escape the shooting guns.

"Sorry, sir... I've just gotten a bit paranoid. Be glad you didn't set off the axe or anything." She stood up, brushing her white-blond hair out of her sea green eyes. Her pale skin almost matched her hair color.

"There's been a murder in the minimall down the block. A girl that looked like you was killed by a copycat of the Match Maker." She nodded, gulping silently. "Are you coming? You're our last on-field forensics expert, you know."

"I'm coming. Just let me grab everything I need." He took a wide step over the ropes and disappeared down the hall, swearing mutely. She shook her head, sighing softly, and bent down over a low table to pick up what had been Ethan Thomas's equipment: A UV light for finding blood spatters and such, a camera, a scanner, a 3D sampler that wasn't functioning properly anymore, a gastrometer that would even detect flatulence from a nearby officer (that usually made her laugh, unless she was in the middle of a case that is.), a greenlight ray that tracked traces invisible to the naked eye.

She grabbed her cell phone and hooked the microphone to it and wound it around her ear. For a fleeting moment, the room looked gray and black, but it faded after a moment. She always got that. Rosa appeared on the screen of the phone, and her voice rang in Kaitlyn's ear.

"Ready, Kait?"

"Ready as I'll ever be..."

She picked up her .45 Glock and slid it into the holster. Looking at a photograph of Ethan Thomas, taken five years before, on her desk and sighing again sadly, she walked out of the room, whispering, "I'm sorry, Dad... but there can be no peace between us until you're stopped."

At the minimall, which was blocked off by yellow caution tape, Kaitlyn examined a corpse on the ground across from a dummy. The body had been female. But so had the dummy, which had an interestingly crooked nose, a pinched mouth, and was missing five fingers, three on its left hand and two on its right.

She shined the greenlight over the young girl's body, looking for any clues. She started at the feet, which were slightly bruised but only due to five-times-too-small shoes, and worked her way up. On her legs there were minor abrasions, but, upon finding out who the girl was, found out that the girl had worked at a dominatrix downtown, so the bruises and cuts on the legs could be ruled out.

On the girl's waist was a silver vine tattoo. Her bellybutton was pierced on either side. Also, a laceration that was caused by nothing other than a barbeque fork slashed across a person's waist revealed to be the result of an earlier attempted suicide that had never really healed.

On the face were more bruises and cuts invisble due to coverup.

She shined the light on the corpse's neck, and her eyes widened. There were two handmarks: The one that looked like a left hand was missing three (the thumb, middle, and pinky to be exact), and the other was missing two (the index and ring finger). The fingerprints weren't even existant: exposure to fire had removed all traces of fingerprints on the culprit's hands.

"Hm... this is definately that femme fatale copycat murderer, the Match Maker's wife, who, incidentally, was homosexual. Their divorce hadn't been very pretty, and a fight right after the divorced caused them both to lose fingers. The Match Maker had lost only one. His wife hadn't been so lucky, as you can guess. Plus, a fire that his ex missus was in made her lose fingerprints, and the fumes made her go into denial about her sexual preference," said Rosa over the phone.

"That's peachy. Then why did she come clean about it in the murders?"

"Don't know and don't really care. Just be careful. The murderer loves to murder girls from the dominatrixes, and I know you used to work at one in another town."

"Shut up, Rosa. Just for once. I have this on speaker phone."

After scanning the handprints with the scanner, Kaitlyn stood up and shined the UV light on the dummy. It was clean, except for similar fingerprints.

"I'd love to know how the bitch eats," muttered the chief, shaking his black-haired head. "Missing five fingers... That's like walking with no feet."

Kaitlyn wasn't paying attention to him. She'd rested a gloved hand on the dummy, and her sight had been flooded with an image.

[i]A dark figure was sitting at a table with a mirror, holding the head of a dummy in the left hand with some difficulty. The other precariously carved the nose and mouth according to the vague relfection in the mirror.

"Every little thing must go according to plan..." the form said softly, adding one minor detail to the face: a Nazi-looking mark, only the ends were entirely vertical.[/i]

Kaitlyn shook her head to clear the image, and the chief said, "Whew, dammit, Byrom! Put out that cigar!"

"I don't smoke." The officer looked at the door behind him coolly. The chief kicked the door down and sniffed the air, sounding like a pig as he did so.

"It's pretty strong in here. Dammit... The murderer's still in the building!"

Kaitlyn pulled her gun out of the holster, holding it in a way Ethan had shown her how. For another brief moment, she had a vision, one where her father had been standing in a similar way not long before his comrades had been killed by the Serial Killer X. When she came back to the present, she found the two that had been with her already climbing the fire escape. The lights had gone out. [i]Time to find the light switch...[/i]

~~

Darn, it's long...

Everytime a n00b does something stupid - spams, harasses, refuses to read the rules - I hit my head on the desk. Please dun mack my poor noggin suffer drain bamage.
Nilitac_Tesgrah
Oldbie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pardon the double post, but I finished Chapter 2 this morning. ^^;

~~

Reader Discretion is advised.

~~

Chapter 2: Murderers and Memories

[i]October 25, 2005; 9:50:30 PM
Diary of Anonymous Imbobadous

This is great. Ive been stumbling around in the dark for about twenty minutes now, and my gun fell down a vent because a junkie knocked me over. Thank goodness I remembered how to use a pipe in self-defense from my training classes!

Id better shut this diary and put it away before I lose it too... This thing is the only thing I have left for any of my sanity, especially after what happened to Thomas... My dad...

I found him six years ago, when I was thirteen. Mom had died the month before, and Id been stealing from stores like crazy in order to stay alive. It wasnt until I accidentally killed a junkie whod tried to kill me that he appeared. He and Momd had a divorce when I was a baby, barely a year old, because of Dads job as an FBI agent, and he didnt want us to get hurt or anything. Id seen him in the papers and all in town growing up, but I never knew he was my dad until that day with the junkie.

Id been brought into the FBI station, and he was there filing something for Rosa. Hed turned around, and I just stared. Id never been very polite, but that was really the last straw. Seeing a famed detective was too much, and then when he said that I looked like his daughter, I really didnt know what to say.

The detective that was dragging me through the building made me say thank you.

The next day, when I was allowed to go home after a lie detector test proved that Id killed in self-defense, I was flipping through a photo album on a bench in the park. One of the photos I had always made me feel better, because it was me, my mom, and some guy I couldnt recognize clearly. After staring at the photo for awhile, and comparing it to a newspaper I had snatched off a hobo nearby, I realized that the two guys looked familiar. Not the hobo, but Thomas looked like the guy in the photo I had.

I never went to my house after sunset, because I hated being in the dark while sleeping, so I went to the FBI station to talk to Rosa. Shed been the only one who was nice to me, and shed only recently joined the FBI as a forensics assistant. After awhile, we got to talking about the different jobs in the FBI, and I have to admit thats how I wanted to be an FBI agent in the first place. Im still scared of getting killed in the line of fire, but not as badly as I was back then.

A few weeks later, Thomas was talking to me about being a forensics scientist, and I said that my mom, Roberta, had been one. He pretty much dropped his Cola when I said it.

When I was sixteen, I graduated high school and started training. When I turned nineteen not one month ago, I was attempting to kill myself because my ex boyfriend had tried to dump me, literally speaking.

It was only the fact that Id almost finished my FBI training that saved me from myself...[/i]

Kayte closed her notebook, hearing footsteps in the building across from her. Looking up, she saw Byrom readying to throw a fire axe through the window to her. She caught it by the handle and waved, and continued on after breaking a door down with the axe.

Her footsteps echoed eerily through the empty, cold corridors as she walked down the halls, her breath turning into a mist in front of her face. Yells of the drug addicts downstairs made her cautious, and she treated each step with care. She seemed paranoid, and she was. This was just a little too similar to the stories that Vanhorn and Rosa had told her.

She slowly opened the door shed been walking to and stepped on a still slightly-smoking cigar butt, and she flinched when the room went black.

[i]What looked like a woman walked through the room, heading to the power box. She grabbed the switch and yanked it clean off, ripping some wires out as she did so. A burning cigar fell to the floor just below the box, only to be stepped on to snuff it out.

Damn... The woman tossed the wire-sporting bar aside carelessly, a loud clatter echoing in the room, and nervously lit another cigar. She was looking side to side as she did so, and as she tossed the match aside, a faint glimmer of light lit her face. The woman had a crooked nose, a pinched mouth... [/i]

Kayte shook her head fervorently, clearing it again. She picked up the bar and jabbed it back into the box it was originally in. As she pulled down to reactivate the power supply, it blew up right in her face, knocking her backwards and dropping the axe, which slid across the floor through a door.

A dark form picked up the axe almost casually, and disappeared behind the wall.

Kayte blacked out, a piece of metal jabbed between her eyes.

- - - - - -

When she came to, she found herself in her apartment, her nose thickly bandaged. She gingerly touched her face, cringing at feeling dried blood on her cheek, and sat up, wincing at the stiffness in her neck.

Bout time you woke up, said a low, husked voice. She looked over, and tried not to swallow the piece of gum shed had in her mouth for three hours or more, if shed been unconscious for awhile.

Leland Vanhorn... Youre a murderer-

So? Look, I owe a debt to Thomas, and Im repaying it by saving your sorry, FBI, white-chick ass, he grumbled, not looking at her but instead staring intently at the painting above where she sat. Whatever the hell was wrong with me is over. The Guilt, as Uncle Vanhorn put it, took over me and cleaned my soul or whatever. Hes a loon. Tells a load of lies. Used your old man to get to me.

And it was too late because you...

It wasnt too late. Something happened after your dad turned into whatever the hell that thing was, something that changed the people who had been really affected by The Hate. I want to know what happened, dont you?

Well, yes, but...

But what?!

No one ever told me the full story. Rosa was wired whenever she left the station, Vanhorn flat-out lied to me when he said my father died! Kayte stood up, then fell over, catching herself with her right hand on a table, which promptly collapsed. Leland hit his face with a hand, groaning.

How did a klutz like you end up with this job...

Practice, patience, and the threat to break someones neck. She stood up, still a bit wobbly. She leaned on the wall nearby for support, and said weakly, What happened? I remember... I vaguely remember hearing screams...

That fire axe you had was used to murder your police pals. The murderer was wearing gloves, so only your fingerprints were found. Youre under house arrest here. I was sent by Vanhorn to keep you company till things settle a little. What the FBI... You know, Ill call them the Fibs. Its funny, and youre laughing. She was laughing. Whats so funny?

You are, thats what. She sat back down on the sofa, and raised a hand to the bandages. What happened to me...?

The power box was revealed to have blown up, and a big piece dug right... He rapped the middle of the bandage, which was right between her eyes. ... into your brain.

My BRAIN!?

Calm down. Youre alive, arent ya?

She didnt say anything for awhile after that, still in shock. Leland disappeared into the kitchen for a few minutes, rummaging around in the fridge, and he came back and tossed an unopened can of soda to her. Tell me everything that you saw in there.

Why should I? she whispered.

I read your diary. Just the two most recent entries, alright? The other ones, they didnt really have any significant meaning to me. You werent on the case till now, right?

Ive been after Match Makers Wife for days... I figured youd know that: you knew everything about my fathers assignments. She opened the can, which promptly exploded into her face. Luckily, her eyes had been closed. She looked up at him, death glaring. He laughed.

Take a joke, girl. You have no laughs in your life! He tossed a towel at her. Calm down, kay?

She smiled weakly as she dried her face off. Ive never really talked to anyone like this in my life, so Im a bit uptight. It was a routine murder case, weve been getting them for months now, and I figured that itd be normal like it always was...

~~
Okay, WordPerfect was being a piece of s**t and I had to re-add all of the exclamation points. x. . . . I cannot WAIT until my mom re-downloads MS Word. It was my idol... Anyways, I apologize again for the doublepost.

Everytime a n00b does something stupid - spams, harasses, refuses to read the rules - I hit my head on the desk. Please dun mack my poor noggin suffer drain bamage.
VincentValentine13
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WTF? Wow! Super long! ^_^ At least your's wasn't boring long, like mine can be!

You Know You Love A French Prince!
theWriter
Very Oldbie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good, Nilly.
~~~
The table was quiet, both sides staring unblinkingly at each other with cold, sharp eyes. From the corner the soft sounds of shuffling were heard, but that was all. Finally, one spoke.

"What is the wager, again?" Death asked, tapping her long dark fingers against the poker table irriatibly.

"We change jobs," Life replied, smiling broadly. "I take yours, you take mine."

Death blinked slowly, but said nothing, instead leaning back in her chair and running a hand in faint annoyance through her frazzled black hair.

They couldn't have been more different. Life was an optimist, a tall athletic man with blue eyes and blond hair, brilliant smile and a face that, when he was alive, caused many a heartbreak. Square chin, high cheekbones...the works. Ironically, what he did now was entirely different from what he did in his living life. A lot different. Mother Nature got weary of her older models, and decided to switch up things a little bit. Generally women were Life, and men were Death. It seemed to fit, usually, but in this case, maybe not. Death in this era was definetely an entirely different matter completely.

She always found height pretentious and arrogant. More and more she began to appreciate the small frame that Life had endowed her with...Not to mention the wide hazel eyes that often burned fiercely or the cynically smiling mouth. Was it bitter? Obviously, but a long time ago Death accepted what she was. Frequently she was beginning to enjoy herself.

There was a slight cough. Life turned his gaze away from Death and over to the shadows next to the poker table.

"Is it ready, then?"

A brief nod from the darkness, and then a hand slid out and slapped the deck onto the table. Death's eyes flickered once on the cards, then cautiously she looked back up at Life.

"I'm not quite sure this is what I really want."

"Really?" Life said absent-mindedly as the hands slid out from the black once again and began to deal the cards smoothly and with grace. "Well, last time I checked, I don't care."

Death grunted and leaned forward, bracing her arms on the edge of the table. "You are increasingly arrogant when you're away from [i]her[/i]."

"Well, aren't we all?" Life replied seriously, light blue eyes wryly evaluating.

Death blinked stolidly but said nothing once again, instead watching the cards flip their way towards her. More silence, and then, as both of them received their hands, a voice appeared from the murkiness surronding the arena.

"Life, Death," it said, unmistakably feminine, "The game is Seven Card Stud. You know the rules. A suit will break a low tie, and if neither of you have a suit, then you'll split the duties. Now ante up."

Death turned her head from the shadows and back to Life, a brief smile on her lips. For a moment, he seemed visibly pained. Men never like parting with things close to them. He reached a hand away from the table and into his pocket, squirming around for a minute until he came up with what pained him so. A small locket, nary larger than Death's index finger nail. Gingerly he swung it across the table and into the pot. Death regarded him and his ante carefully before resorting to a similar action, though in this case was leaning down and rummaging through her purse. She had abandoned, like Life, the usually cloak attire and was now wearing a white cocktail dress, just at tea-length. For a moment she fumbled for the ante, then suddenly found it, and pulled out the item carefully. She watched it in the light of the table for a moment, then reached forward. The wedding ring glimmered brilliantly as it was set gently into the pot. Death leaned back from the table and regarded Life. Compared to her startlingly bright attire, Life was opposite. White was usually the choice for all the Life models, but the occaison was...special. Today there was the distinct possibility that he might switch jobs. A change would be good for him, and the dark, double breasted navy suit did him proud.

"Are the players ready?" the voice asked, sounding amused.

Death and Life evaluated each other. Life leaned forward and gracefully picked up his hand. When he looked over at Death, she already had hers perched daintily in her fingers. She gave him a feral grin.

"Ready as I'll ever be, Mother."

Life blinked, then nodded his consent. "I'm game."

"Excellent. Let's begin."
[color=red][url=http://www.fanart-central.net/user-theWriter.php]What[/url] [url=http://untitledroadway.deviantart.com/] does[/url] [url=http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1015309/] it all[/url] [url=http://www.fictionpress.com/~thetwilightpen] MEAN?[/url][/color]
VincentValentine13
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most intriguing...I shall look forward to seeing more of this, oh mighty Writer Laughing !

Now, for my own little piece...Another section of my story...sorry for the length, but I try to fit a good deal in so I don't have to make a bunch of little posts, you know?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, youre saying that the Queen of Hearts has conquered all of Wonderland? Victor asked, in an attempt to straighten out the information he had been told. Evidently, after Alice left, and the fire burned down her home, the Queen took advantage of the mental break-down of Alices mind, and used the confusion as a way to launch a full-on war.

That is correct, Rabbit answered nervously, as if just talking about would bring her down upon them, And many who were once friendly were no longer so.

Is not out situation dismal? the Cheshire Cat asked, his smile still present, yet somehow very bitter, Wonderland has become so discombobulated in your absence, Alice, that even the ladybugs have joined the Queen. You must punish them for their conversion

This last statement was said so coolly that Victor was suddenly frightened of the cat. Not to say he wasnt before, for the feline was much more disturbing in person then what Alice had told Victor he was before. Still, the cat seemed to have all knowledge of the situation, even if he didnt seem to like Victor in the least.

So, what exactly do you want us to do about it? Wage war with her majesty? Victor asked, starting to figure out where this was going.

Dont call her that, the cat snapped.

Oh, dont be so nasty, Cheshire, Alice rebuked the cat, After all, this is his first time here.

He wouldnt be here at all if Rabbit had been more cautious. Honestly, for one who goes back and forth between the two worlds so often, one would think you would have learned to watch who was following you

I was running late, cat! I didnt have much time to consider-

As wonderfully interesting as this conversation is, Alice interrupted, And as much as I would love to hear you bicker, we really must be moving along.

Yes, Victor nodded, Im not too sure I like it here. It really is quite dreadful.

The Cheshire Cat only narrowed his eyes at the young man, before turning to Rabbit. While Alice is right, we still need to see if she is ready to handle the challenges ahead.

Im more then ready! Alice growled, stamping her foot slightly, And I think Im a better judge of myself then you are, cat!

I beg to differ, girl, the cat replied coolly, So, Rabbit shall lead you to your test. If you pass, then you shall prove you are ready to save Wonderland.

This is absolutely pointless, Alice mumbled as Rabbit nodded.

Come along, Alice, were running very late! He glanced down at his pocket watch, and his bulbous eyes grew wide. He let out a little squeak and rushed off down the path and into a tunnel. Oh my, oh my, were later then I thought! No time, no time, we must hurry!

Now, before you go, I have a gift for you, Alice, the Cheshire Cat said, his grin becoming less serious, and more wicked. He waved his paw, and in front of Alices feet there appeared a knife. It was long, and looked very sharp. The blade was incredibly polished, and reflected Alices face as she picked it up. Victor, who had been watching in silence for fear of another berating from the Cheshire Cat, saw a twinkle in his cousins eyes. It matched that of the Cheshire Cats; the same, violent glint that seemed to hold steadily in the felines gaze.

Use this, the Vorpal Blade, to fend off the terrors of the Queen of Hearts, the Cheshire Cat instructed, as he began to fade away into thin air. As he did, Victor felt panic creeping through him. It was all well and good that Alice had a form of defense, but what about himself?

Excuse me, Mr. Cheshire Cat, Victor called after the disappearing grin, But what about me?

What about you? the grin without a cat asked.

Well, Alice may have a weapon, but what of myself? How am I to protect myself?

The cat seemed to ignore the question, but a quick glare from Alice gave him reason enough to respond. Consider that your test, my boy, the cat replied, before vanishing completely.

Victor looked at the air where the cat had vanished with a stunned silence. So what, did the cat just not like him and want him to die? And what exactly was there that was so dangerous in Wonderland, it required the use of knives to fend it off?

Well, I suppose that is our cue to begin, Victor, Alice said, walking past him towards the tunnel the Rabbit had gone in. Victor stood there for a second more before running to catch up.

Alice! Wait! I dont understand! he called as he got beside her, walking in step with his cousin.

Of course you dont, Alice replied, This is Wonderland, after all

Are you sure? Victor asked, looking around. On either side of the entrance of the tunnel, there were two, large trees. Their branches were bare, and so twisted that it looked like they were trying to strangle themselves. Around their bases, tiny, black-capped mushrooms squatted, adding to the dead and rotting atmosphere.

How do you mean? Alice asked, looking to her cousin.

Well, this certainly doesnt seem like the place we, I mean you, went to when you were younger. The place you told me about was, or at least seemed, to be nicer then this.

Alice walked into the tunnel in silence, and Victor followed, his eyes trained on her, waiting for an answer. One never came, however, for at that moment, a cry echoed horribly through the tunnel.

What, in heavens name was that! Victor asked, after almost leaping out of his skin.

It sounds as though some one is in trouble, Alice replied simply as she ran further down the tunnel. She disappeared around a corner, and Victor found himself shaking in the dark tunnel alone. He didnt know if he wanted to go forward or not. This Wonderland wasnt at all what he hoped it would be like, and now he wasnt too sure if he wanted to go any deeper into it.

You may want to hurry, he heard a cold voice behind him say. He turned to see the Cheshire Cat sitting calmly in front of him, his form silhouetted by the dim light coming from the entrance of the cave.

Why? Victor asked suspiciously, Is there some huge monster up ahead that will bite my head off the moment I walk past?

What a startling imagination you have, the Cat sighed, inspecting its very sharp claws. Despite the dull light, the claws seem to glare brightly, but the cats smile seemed to glow eerily, and Victor could see its eyes narrowing almost in a hungry manner. That may prove to be useful, or dangerous. I suppose well just have to see, wont we?

You didnt answer my question, Victor grumbled, And why are you so wretched towards me? Have I done something wrong already?

No, the cat replied, And yes, but I would be more concerned with going forward if I were you.

I want to go home, Victor replied, Not hang about here. Its dangerous, and not at all what I had hoped it would be.

Well, my dear boy, the cat said, suddenly disappearing, and reappearing a little bit closer to Victor, Wonderland is only what you make it. You cannot expect it to be any more then that. Second, if you wish to go home, the only way is to go forward. You must go forward to go back. Finally.your hair needs trimming

I beg your pardon? Victor asked, becoming thoroughly upset with the cryptic cat. First of all, thats a very rude thing to say to a person to whom you were just introduced. Second, why must you speak in riddles? Cant I get a straight answer from you just once?

Yes, the cat replied, There, I just gave you your one, straight forward answer.

Victor clenched his fists at his side in frustration before twisting around and storming down the tunnel. He turned the corner, just as Alice had, and found himself at a fork in the cave. Both sides led straight into darkness in opposite directions, and neither one was very inviting.

Alice! he called down the one to the left, Alice! Where are you? He directed this question to the path to the right, before crossing his arms. That stupid cat! Its a wonder how I ever liked him in the first place. Now I have no idea of where to go. This was probably his plan all along. I suppose he probably works for the Queen of Hearts.

That is an insult to which there is no easy way to forgive, the cat said, suddenly appearing in the middle of the fork. Victor jumped again, his hand going to his heart as it pounded heavily.

I do wish you would stop doing that, Victor said angrily, Youre going to send me to an early grave!

Which would be a shame, because there are so many others in Wonderland who would like to do the same thing.

Im sure you would, Victor growled.

Not at all, the Cheshire Cat answered, I would never wish any harm upon a Liddell.

Then why do you insist upon acting so beastly? Victor demanded.

I find it fun, the cat sneered, And there are so very few in Wonderland who bring me as much satisfaction in a conversation.

I am glad to be of service? Victor replied, unsure of whether what the cat had said was a good thing or not. Deciding that now would be as good a time as any, he turned his attention back to the two tunnels before him.

Now then, he whispered to himself, Which way should I go?

That all depends, the cat said, On where you want to get too.

Victor was about to reply when he realized he recognized the cats speech. This is just like what happened with Alice he thought to himself, I suppose he started, know what to say, I suppose I should like to go where Alice went.

She went that way, the cat said, waving both his paws.

Which way? Victor asked, looking down the tunnel to the right, half expecting to see her walking back out again.

Which way what? the Cheshire Cat asked in reply.

Did Alice go? Victor answered, growing irritated.

Who? asked the cat.

Oooh, you are absolutely intolerable! Victor shouted. Why, if youre neck wasnt so skinny, I would strangle you!

What a lovely sentiment, the cat sighed, Though Im afraid youre not my type

Forget it! Victor shouted, Ill just pick a road on my own, and hope for the best!

Smart boy, Cheshire Cat said, clapping its front paws together, Now youre thinking the way you should. Survival is based on instinct. The journey before is based upon survival. You survive, you go home. You dont, then you wont, its that simple. And with that, the Cheshire Cat disappeared from sight once again.

Victor stood alone in the dark corridor, his eyes going from one passage to the other. That cat was right, and Victor knew it. He had just gotten here, and right from the start, Alice seemed to understand the principle of survival.

Maybe that is why the cat treated her better, he thought out loud, She knew what had to be done. And here I am, acting like a coward, not willing to help because Im too frightened. Why, I may as well have been an oyster walking with the Walrus for trying to follow behind Alice like that. I have no knowledge of Wonderland except what Alice told me, and so I was relying on others to get me home. Well, no more. Im a young man, and I should behave as such.

His words sounded very familiar, and it was then he recalled his father saying almost the exact same thing to him before Victor was sent off to boarding school.

Well, since I am right-handed, he said, looking at the paths before him, I suppose Ill go right. Its not as if I have much of basis for my decision either way.

With a final, spirit-renewing nod, he stepped towards the tunnel to the right. The whole passage was made of rough stone, though several mushrooms grew out of the walls, as well as a green moss. This moss seemed to have a phosphorescent glow, so it was a little easier to see where he was going. Still, the floor was impossible to really see, so he managed to stub his foot against rocks and pot-holes. By the time he saw a light at the end of tunnel, his feet were sore, and he wanted nothing more then to take off his shoes and put his feet into some hot water.

You Know You Love A French Prince!
Fade
Has No Life

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vincent, your obsession with Alice's adventures has increased, wait, is that even possible??

So people know, the following is an excert from a Danny Phantom Fanfic I'm writing, or rather, the first segment of of the first chapter.

--------------------

The beanie-wearing Asian girl openly gawked at her mother. Gritting her teeth she managed not to growled as she confirmed her fears with a simple question, Where, again?

Her bubbly and clueless mother smiled, Amity Park. Its such a lovely place Im sure youd enjoy it.

Obsidian met brown and green briefly as the girl met her friends eyes. Angel was the one to speaking up, as always.

But Mrs. Chang, have you not seen the news? Amity Park has more ghost activity than Savanna, Georgia, and most want to harm people to boot. Are you trying to make your daughters life hell? Her vivid eyes flashed angrily at the mothers ignorance, and her peroxide blonde dreads swung before her dark brown face.

The still oblivious woman spoke, Don't get those pretty white clothes in a bunch dear, the Longs will be coming also, theres no danger if were together.

Finally, the brown eyed boy sighed in frustration, and motioned to the girl, Come on Li Na, knowing our parents, they probably already bought a house and but the apartments up for sale.

But

But nothing Li Na, you Saw this coming. Well just deal with it.

Her face contorted into a sneer at her Asian friend as she gritted out, "If you say ANYTHING as resalute and forlorn as that AGAIN, I will find every single one of your hair ties and cut them to pieces."

The 5'2" boy recoiled from Li Na and shouted, "Are you crazy? I'll look like a [i]girl[/i]!"

Li Na glared at him for a split second before giving a goofy grin, "Well, I could always cut your hair after."

The look on Kado's face said all that need to be said. That's when the African-American girl burst into laughter, the black chains that swung from her clothes chinking loudly as she shook.
Alpha_zero
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting, myself not a fan of Danny Phantom, i'm not going to understand the most part of this. My advice is you read through it again. Certain areas didn't make complete sense.

Ok, here it is. Raven chapter....Um...I forget well, it says so in what i copied from 'Word. Please accept the fact I'm new to writing romance, this was mainly a practise. Hell, it was my first attempt!

Anyway...Here goes...:

Chapter three Turn me round

Hey big boy, rustled any scum yet?

No, But I plan on doing it soon

Uh huh, really sweet Hun

Raven turned around fully, to face the woman behind him. She was mixed race, with long dark hair sprinting down her back. She had a figure that seemed too carved by God himself, arching perfectly, well, almost.

She approached him and felt around him.

Kirana, Im on duty moaned Raven, suddenly giving into her golden stare that pleaded silently up to him.

Her eyes danced lovingly into his, as their quiet corner of the camp emptied. They held each other without speaking for a minute, before locking lips. Raven groaned with pleasure. It didnt come out how he planned, but didnt care. The only thing he needed now was Kiranas love.

When they pulled away from one another, they continued to stare at each other.

Im Raven cut off, staring back over the armoured walls that watched over the Pacific Ocean.

What babe?

Earth Raven tried another approach but failed.

What up Hun?

Im going down to Africa. Talk is that Kenya has got technology we havent. We may need it

Try the truth? Kirana laughed.

Raven looked at her and smiled back. You always know

Sure do!

Ok, well, earth is launching an assault on the Fendrin. A big one. Were tired of sitting back and defending, lets go on an offensive. SoFor some of the reasons above

Uh huh, sure thing baby

Not that bothered?

Bothered? As bothered as hell is about heaven!

Raven raised an eyebrow through his raised visor. Blasphemy?

N what honey?

Ravens smile turned into a wider grin, as he returned to the Pacific.

Youre not likely to come back are you?

Raven shook his head. Im sort of

What?

Ive got a new contract. I completely forgot my Father even put it out there, but its come through. A target. Kellman

s**t breathed Kirana. I never took your Fathers life seriously, just macho talk to make me think

Raven looked accusingly at her.

She quickly hushed up.

An old Friend of Fathers wants it done or my arse is He clicked his fingers and whistled, tracing a diving pattern in the air.

Jus forge it, Derek

Uh huh? retorted Raven

On the front they wouldnt dare hit you

So sure? He inquired, raising his eyebrows again.

Sure enough said Kirana confidently.

Raven shook his head.

This is bigger than I thought, Kirana. If it was just the front, I wouldnt mind if it was just an assault. Hey, Id even enjoy it, but with that hanging over me

I understand babe. Listen, Ill call you, Ive got places to be Kirana said, turning away towards her land-buggy.

Ok, well

You need to finish your sentences more often

Raven snorted. You could always finish them for me?

They kissed quietly once more, before Kirana clambered into her buggy and un-locked the ignition. The engine hummed happily, as the gun turret on top of her vehicle whirred into a firing position. See ya at the frontAnd Raven

Yes?

Dont worry about it. Were in it together now and with that and a quick wink, she flattened the accelerator and sped off in a cloud of rusty coloured dust.

(Please excuse the terrible quality of the paragraphs above. I havent ever been into writing romance, and I probably wont ever be. But, I had to give you something other than just action and politics. Critques welcomed, so I may improve with this writing genre.
Fade
Has No Life

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugh... I'm not good with romance either, but I liked it well enough, it wasn't to mushy so points for you.

As for the DP fic... It's not supposed to make much sense at all for a while yet. You see I'm experiementing with a new style of writing that flows (almost) smoothly within each segment, but looking at all the segments people have to be very cognitive and on their toes to get what's going on. It's utterly evil, easy to write, but difficult to read.

Well, here's another segment from the first chapter. Mind you, this isn't the finished product yet. Also note that I likely won't post the segments inorder, so I might end up posting one later that helps smooth out any gaps...

----------------------

A red and blur sped up the school ramp. When it reached the stop and stopped, the blur was revealed to be a teen, roughly 15 and 52. The teen appeared androgynous and was holding a skateboard. A raven-haired boy, also fifteen and 52, ran up next to the teen.

Li Na, he panted out. Slow down I cant run as fast as you can skate.

Li Na snorted and caused the two strips of jet-black hair that escaped her beanie to flutter. Come on Long! You kept up with me in Frisco!

Its called roller blades, he gritted out.

She draped her arm over his shoulders. Kado Long, my dear sweet boyfriend, you need to relax, let your hair down

Touch the ties, the beanie dies. Li Nas hand jerked away as she nodded.

Danny, meanwhile, was observing them from the side of the ramp. He turned around and addressed Sam, So these are your new neighbors?

Yeah, theyre pretty cool too, even if nothing with circuits works near the boy and the girl refers to everyone by their last name. The only reason they could even afford the house they moved into was Sam was cut off when the girl leaned over the rail and took over.

By our parents splitting the cost. Hi Manson, who are your friends?

Didnt I mention them when we

Were introduced yesterday? Yes, you did, but you did not describe them though. So, whos who?

Sam chuckled, Tuckers the African-American with the beret and PDA, Dannys the other one.

Li Na nodded and Kado just glanced at the two. And awkward silence fell on the five teens. Thats odd, Danny thought. Li Nas glowing slightly. And theres an orb of some sort floating other her right shoulder

Suddenly the beanie-wearing teen whistled as if amazed at something, You must have one heck of a sixth sense if you can see Dom in this form. I couldnt see him for three weeks after he started following me.

Huh?

The orb-ish shape. Its a willow-the-wisp, the ghost of child that is attached to a specific grave, town, or person. Doms been following me for two years now cause I saved him from getting run over by a car. He died from an infection three weeks later. Followed me ever since.

Wait if hes a ghost

He cant do anything in this form cept float there, glow, and talk to some people. Im actually surprised you could even see him. Most people dont even get that shivery feelin when hes like this. Actually, this towns a conundrum. Everyone here can see a ghost that isnt trying to hide, but most people dont even get

You did it again. Li Na looked at her boyfriend, confused.

Did what?

Answered someones question before they finished it, then started to babble, deadpanned Kado. Again the silence fell.

Nilitac_Tesgrah
Oldbie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was kind of... flat. A bit more detail would suffice, like the sounds around them. Otherwise, golden, it was. ^^

~~

Taking a break from my Condemned fanfic... I am taking a step into the world of Avatar: The Last Airbender. I only own Rin and her twin, Oni.

~~

The quiet sound of a stream gurgling through stones in its shallow path gave the clearing a serene scene. The grass around the sparkling waters was bright green, lush, and it looked edible. A breeze lightly ruffled it, making the soft green plants wave gently.

It would have been perfect if the smell of smoke hadn't been in the air, nor the fact this little stream was the only hope of a whole village that was now in flames, the bright red, orange, and yellow colors licking trees and roofs alike as if it were a child eating ice cream.

A little girl with bright yellow eyes and dark red hair held her sobbing brother tightly, a burn on his arm hurting so badly that he wanted to chop it off or die.

Sad thoughts for a boy who was only seven years old, and that his twin sister wasn't able to help because she wasn't allowed to waterbend didn't help matters. Carefully, she guided him over to the cool waters of the brook and dribbled water over the burn before scrounging around in the grass for an aloe plant large enough to disinfect the burn.

The boy curled up under a charred tree, still sniffling. "Rin? D'you think Mom and Pa are alright?" She didn't respond, but she looked at the village with sad eyes. Their mother and father had been dragged away by Fire Nation Soldiers for treason charges, and the children had been left behind to be hurt by the out of control flames.
-------------
Evening passed into night, and night slowly passed into day. The sky was still blackened by smoke, which came from the still burning flames in the now ruined pueblo.

Slowly and sadly, Rin and her brother, Oni, walked into what was left of the village, trying not to cry. Their home was so close to the Fire Nation Capital, and they were sure the Fire Lord would come to survey the damage. Would he care that a whole village, save for two of the children, was dead because of a batilla?

They had worked for hours searching for anything that they could take with them when they left the village forever when someone about a year older than them said, "What're you two doing?"

Oni fell to his knees, knowing who it was, but Rin turned around and stared in silent shock. It was the Fire Nation Prince, Zuko! She numbly fell to her knees in an apologetic bow, but he kneeled in front of her and said, "It's alright. My father let me come out here with him, and he told me that any survivors that had made it could come back to the palace with us."

Warily, Oni looked up, a bit scared, and said, "W-Will the g-g-guards im-imprison us?"

"By the spirits, these two are too young to be living on their own in a village!" said a hearty, somehow laughing voice. Behind Zuko walked a bit of a porky old man wearing general armor, and Rin bowed her head in shame.

"S-Sir, we didn't live on our own. Our parents died in the fire that some soldiers started here in the v-village," she said softly, not looking up. A bird landed on her shoulder, its feathers brightly shining in the lights, and the old man pulled the twins to stand up.

"May their spirits, and all of the villagers' spirits, rest in peace, then. Come along: the Fire Lord doesn't like to be kept waiting."

As they walked, Oni held his shoddily bandaged arm weakly, scared that someone might hurt it even more, and Zuko tried to get Rin to talk a little more.

"What's your and the boy's name?" he asked, picking a flower up and examining it as he walked.

"I'm R-Rin Omashu, and he's my twin, Oni Tikakiru. It was our parents' idea for us to have different last names, Zuko-sama."

"Please don't call me 'sama'."

"Yes, Zuko-sam- I mean, sir." She stared blankly at her feet, which were bare and splattered with mud, soot, and ashes. Zuko seemed to notice her discomfort, and tucked the flower just above her left ear.

"You can talk to me, you know. I'm not uptight or anything like a lot of people say I am." The bird, which still sat on her shoulder, twittered in reproof. "Well, I CAN be, but only to people I don't like."
-----
Not too long after, Rin and Oni found themselves walking behind a few carried carriages, two of which were empty, much to the servants' relief. Zuko and his sister, Azula, who was their age, were walking with them, occasionally playing tag around the servants and Iroh, the kind old man who was a retired general and the Fire Lord's brother.

The forest was beautiful and full of cherry trees that were bearing light green leaves and pink blossoms. The cherries themselves were dark red, and a few were almost black from the pigments being so strong.

It was under a large, grand cherry tree that the servants set the Fire Lord's carriage down for a rest, though why Rin nor Oni knew. They sat under a dying one, which seemed to be grateful they'd picked it, and Azula sat by Rin and said, "Do you know firebending? It's a lot of fun."

"My brother and I both know how, but right now we don't really want to... Our whole village is gone because of soldiers who were off-duty and drunk." Oni started crying again, and Rin hugged him around the shoulders. "We don't really know what happened to our parents..."

Azula, who'd been braiding a flower necklace absently out of some white clover flowers, looked up and said, "Sometimes it's not easy having parents, but losing them entirely is devastating, isn't it?"

"You've got that right..."
~~

Okay, the last bit went down the drain. Peachy.

Alpha_zero
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good Nilly. I'd like to see it finished.

I'm trying my hand at another part of some sci-fi ideas I've pndering of late.

The year 13, 13 years after the cleansng ice age that swept around the globe, destroying most intelligent life. Earth needed such a shower, to show it that it wasn't dominant in the universe. Nature was, and it was what we began with, that eventually destroyed our civillisation.

People are becoming accustomed to the fact that earth will probably lose most of the last 30 centuries, since it is hard to record evnts without letters and papers. Even carving will become forgotten and lost in the tumble of time.

Eren was one of the survivors of the 'age, as it was know around the camp. He enjoyed the savageness of it. For three lnog years he had laboured and watched as the world around him crumbled and died. The remnents of citys were now lost deep beneath drifts of slowly melting snow. Whenever winter came around, it snowed. And summer wasn't much warmer. The 'age hadn't officailly left yet, and was reminding them how foolish mankind had been.

A few ships had tried to make contact, but their engines never lasted long enough, with the fierce heat of the atmosphere suddenly giving way to the icey winds generally led to a stall. From there, they'd float to he ground, and die.

Earth was getting ready to try again. Perhaps this time, humanity would be more careful. Perhaps it wouldn't. Not even Mother NAteure herself knew the answers, but instead seeked to begin afresh, thus the 'age.

-----------
I quite like this...It might not make complete sense and I may have repeated myself, because I didn't read through it but I like this idea, a parallel future. One of the many I dwell in.
Nilitac_Tesgrah
Oldbie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*grabs Matt's arm and pulls him out of the realm* Dude, stay with us for two years. :lol:

That was really good, Matt. ^_^

~~

Continuing. A basic summary of what's happened since the clearing.

~~

Rin looked up from her almanac, seeing Zuko sit down across from her at the low table in the servants' eating room. She was a recently-turned 13, and he was a few months past 14. She brushed the silvery dangling pieces of metal hanging from a hair decoration out of her eyes and said, "Is something wrong, Zuko-san? You don't normally call me in here."

Ever since she had been taken in by Ozai, she'd been training as a geisha as a last request from her mother, who hadn't wanted her to live a life of poverty as she had. She had no older sister, but Oni often accompanied her so that she wasn't alone or exploited; there were some sick people in the teahouses.

"I keep having a feeling that something is going to go terribly wrong. I don't normally get those 'premonitions', but ever since Uncle went to the Spirit World... I've started to believe a little more." She smiled, and reached across the small, smooth-topped table to hold his hand in hers.

"It's probably just some bad food you ate. I told you not to trust my brother's cooking!" she scolded jokingly, giggling. He smiled faintly, then laughed.

"I do suppose you're right... Will you be alright going to that party at the cherry willows garden on the other side of the city, Rin-san? You know that Father doesn't trust the keeper there."

Rin looked at the scroll on the wall and said softly, "I am expected to go, as an apprentice geisha. I know it seems easy, Zuko-san, to simply sing and dance and play shamisen and all, but it's not." She sighed quietly, and looked back at her almanac. She was year of the dragon, though she certainly had the traits opposite of that, and she was to avoid travel in the direction of the Mouse. Whichever direction that was.

Zuko stood up, bowing slightly, and let himself out of the room, glancing back at her. [i]I really hope she'll be okay... Her brother won't be going because he's so ill...[/i]
---------
In the years following their meeting with Zuko and his royal family, Rin and Oni hadn't really changed much except for a few things, which are listed below. They never asked for much, nor were they ungrateful.

Rin had always been quiet, but recently, she was a little more talkative, mostly because she had finished geisha school early with top grades. She practiced for three hours everyday, and she was always writing songs or practicing for the spring dances, one of which she was the star in.

Oni, however, was a different story. He'd changed entirely from a happy, joking little boy into a somehow sad, serious young man. The deaths of his parents had affected him in more ways than one, and he hardly spoke at all anymore. He was under the training of Captain Zhao, though he had no way of knowing that later the same man would die because of the Avatar.
-------
Wearing a black and red kimono with the hems carefully cut to resemble flames and a sunset-yellow obi, Rin sat in the back of a carriage drawn by a rhino-like creature, Zuko himself sitting across from her. He'd come with her at his father's behest, and also because he didn't trust the keeper of the gardens.

She looked out the window, clearing her throat, and said, "The Chairman of the garden asked Princess Azula to grace the garden with a visit. As you know, she declined. That's why I was asked, and I'm also going to be asked to sing in honor of the Chairman's sister." She paused before adding softly, "I'm very sorry about your own mother, Prince Zuko... She didn't have to die the way she did."

"It's alright. Diseases of the mind aren't always curable, and most of the time none are."

An uneasy silence followed his statement, and the carriage slowed to a stop. Zuko held out his hand for her to hold while she got out, knowing she couldn't walk very well in her laquered zori (shoes) right after climbing out of a carriage, and he didn't notice her blush under her stark-white makeup as they walked into the gardens, arms linked.

The sky above the gardens was a beautiful robin's egg blue. The scent of the different flowers drifted in the air, and the sound of the magnificent Zaoru river - black from the rich silt that flowed through it - echoed between the slender, graceful cherry trees.

The keeper, a man in his late thirties at the most, welcomed them warmly and said, "Prince Zuko, this is truly an honor to the gardens and to the humble people here. We are gracious of your presense here."

Rin noticed the angry glint in the eldery man's eyes, and Zuko did as well, though didn't acknowledge it.

After greeting and meeting people, Rin managed to get away to look at the garden. Flowers lined the pathways, and a Shinto gate stood at the entrance to the Zen garden. She stood on the bridge for a long time, admiring the flowers and other sights, before a pair of rough hands grabbed her waist and threw her into a nearby shed. Those hands slammed a door shut a little too hard, as the shed rattled in its very foundations, and gripped her as if they were a python.

"Let me g-!" Her cry was cut off as the ominous stranger, his face hidden in the dark, gagged her with a piece of cloth, and he practically ripped her golden obi from her slender form. The lengthy piece of fabric fell to the dirt floor unheedingly as the stranger continued to rip her black and red kimono off of her.

A loud bang outside the shed jolted the man, who stood up to hide her. The Chairment half-tore the door off the hinges, being a man of great strength, and bellowed, "KYRO! LET HER GO NOW!"

Rin, who'd been holding the front of her kimono together with her hands, was silently praying that her underrobe had been tied in the back. The keeper, Kyro, was pulled out of the shed by soldiers, who threw him into the Zaoru.

Her underrobe hadn't been tied at all, and it was only barely held shut by the slip she wore. Someone was pulling her up to stand, and she didn't resist, too blinded by tears of fear, hate, and shock that were blurring her eyes and smearing her facial makeup.

"Rin-san, are you alright?" a soft, familiar voice asked, gently resting a hand on her left cheek. She blinked a few times to clear her fire-yellow eyes, and she tried to not cry again at seeing Zuko holding her in an embrace. She shook her head, the extravagent headdress she wore starting to slip. Her dark crimson hair was a mess. She silently sobbed as he tilted her face up so she'd look at him, and whispered, "Did he hurt you in any way?"

"I'm so scared... I thought he was going to... to..." She couldn't finish, and she turned her head to make him let go of her chin.

He didn't let go of her or her face, and said, "He didn't exploit you?"

"Thank the spirits, no!" She couldn't talk anymore, too overcome with relief and grief, and he held her close, not caring that his father was bound to hear of this from Zhao or the soldiers in their daily reports.

"Come on; the Chairman said he had some spare kimonos you could pick from." She shook her head fervorently. "Are you sure?" She nodded, still sniffling a little. "Alright. I'll stand outside the door while you change."
---
Every geisha in the Fire Nation Capital was expected to carry a set of day clothes, in the case of exploition, and Rin had never broken that rule. After the driver of the carriage had brought the small bag over, she had shut the door of the shed and pulled her kimono off, her eyes tearing again when she saw the tears in it. The obi was covered in dirt.

After pulling on some cloth pants and a peasant shirt she worked in the gardens at the palace in, she leaned against the wall and slid down it. That had not been the first time she'd almost been... Sighing, she looked at the ceiling, wiping her face and neck on the underrobe.

When she walked out, she was in her normal sandals without her buttoned socks, and she preferred it that way. She was shaking all over, and Zuko himself helped her walk to the dining hall.

When asked to sing for them, the Fire Prince started to say that she was really in no condition to sing at all, but she rested a hand on his arm and shook her head. "I can still sing, Zuko," she said softly, smiling. "I may not look like a geisha right now, but I can still sing like one."

She walked to the head of the room, holding her single fan loosely in her right hand, and turned around. "This song is Chou, or Butterfly. I could not think of any songs that would work better, and I apologize to the Chairman and his colleagues."

She cleared her throat and nodded to the shamisen and drum players, and she softly started to sing.

Her voice was quiet and barely heard when she spoke, but when she sang, her voice was soft, yet loud and beautiful.

[i]chika ni morguri ana wo hori tsuzuketa
doko ni tsuzuku ana ka wa shirazuni
tsuchi ni nureta sukoopu wo katate ni
kimi no ude wo sagasite ita[/i]

She seemed to dance with the grace of a gazelle, and the agility and fluidity of a cat, they all knew, but this song and dance seemed to bring out a passion in her soul, one that could not be let go of.

[i]tsugihagi no shiawase wo yoseatsume makinagara
kimi no tsuyosa ni ositsubusaretata[/i]

The dance described pain and suffering of a lost loved one, and yet the joy that the pain will go away one day.

[i]yaketsuki
yaketsuki
hagarenai tenohira no ato
chigireta tsubasa de akaku somaru kumoma wo saite
jouzu ni habataku watashi wo mitsumete[/i]

Her voice trailed off for a few moments as she caught her breath. Even when out of breath, she was beautiful.

[i]mayu ni kagomori egaita eien wa
doko ni mebuki hana hiraku no darou
asawayagate yamiyo wo tsuremotosi
watasinomeubatteyuku
tsuki akari
tesaguride kasaneai motsurete wa
kimi no arika ni nareru to shinji ta[/i]

A few lights were changed to make different colors splash over her slim form, and her hair shimmered in the lights. Her eyes seemed to glow with fire and yet flow as water.

Zuko made a point to ask her about her heritage.

[i]moetsuki
moetsuki
modoranai yakusoku no basho
chigireta itami de kuroku somaru daichi wo kakete

At this point, the song grew sadder and morbid, and the grief seemed all-too-real as she collapsed on her knees with her head bowed.

[i]sakendemo kikoenunara
sono te dekowasite hoshii
madawatashi wo watashi to yoberu uchi ni
dakitomeru kimi no ude ga odayakana chiri ni kawaru
tada shizuka ni
sorawoaoida[/i]

She looked up at the ceiling, still singing with barely taking a bare breath.

[i]yaketsuki
yaketsuki
hagarenai tenohira no ato
chigireta tsubasa de akaku somaru kumoma wo saite
moetsuki
moetsuki
motoranai yakusoku no basho

The music ended with a gentle 'tum tum' of the shamisen, and she stood up, breathing heavily. She'd been practicing that for a full week or more, and she'd noticed she'd made a fatal error.

The gathering of people seemed not to notice, as they all applauded roaraciously, the sound sounding like thunder from the sky and a wave in a storm hitting the shore.
----
On the carriage ride back, Rin was practically unconscious with exhaustion. She was sitting by Zuko, who was staring absently at the dark trees outside the carriage. He jumped slightly when he felt her hair against his neck. She'd fallen asleep with her head on his shoulder, and his blush faded after awhile, and he resumed looking out the window, not noticing that his arm had slipped around her waist.

~~

X_X THIS TOOK ME AN HOUR TO TYPE!!!!! o_o I am going to diiieee...

Just a bit of fluffiness. If you know how a geisha dances, then you'll get the singing and dancing bit. I'll post the translation later... tired...

LexLuthorsVictimNJustAFriend
Has No Life

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just thought I'd let you all know that I still exist. I'm brain dead at the moment, so no story for me right now.

**YAY Very Happy I HAVE OFFICIALLY POSTED 500 TIMES!!! W00t! **
Nilitac_Tesgrah
Oldbie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Glad to know you're still alive, Lex. Fight the power! ^^

~~
Chapter 3 of my Avatar story is rolling into the presses.
~~

One day, not long after the incident at the gardens, Rin looked up from the flowers she was tending to with a slight bit of waterbending to see Iroh looking distressed, highly unusual for such an eccentric man. A few of the servants were bustling about with bandages in their arms, along with burn ointments, and she stood up, stumbling slightly over her gardening apron. She wiped her hands off on the coarse material as she half-jogged over to the worried-looking man, and she asked quietly, "What's going on?"

"It's nothing a young maiko should be concerned about." He glanced at the door to the palace. The faint smell of burnt skin hit her nose, and she grimaced.

"Was there an accident during training?" she said, looking at him again.

"... I think I should tell you that you will be banished, along with Prince Zuko, for a reason I do not yet know. Go to Prince Zuko. I know that you know waterbending to a degree where you can heal, but the burn is realy too severe for anything..."

The flower pot she'd just picked up fell to the pavement with a crash, and she disappeared into the palace before he could say anything more.
---
Zuko was not even conscious when she opened the door to his room, and Azula stormed past her, pushing her into the door, which shattered a vase. Azula wasn't angry: She looked... [i]happy[/i]...

She looked at a nearby servant and said, "Get a bowl of the coldest water you can get. And hurry, before any bad scarring occurs." The servant nodded, looking at her curiously, and carried a bowl into the hallway. She turned back to Zuko, who had a nasty burn wound across the left side of his face that hit his ear and some of his forehead in the process. The outer burning could be healed, but the two inner burns... Those would never go away fully.

She rested a hand on his unwounded half of his face as his right eye fluttered open weakly.
---
All Zuko had known after the fire had hit his tightly shut eye was that he'd screamed, and passed out. He'd woken up in a daze a few times as the servants had brought him to his room, and now he was partly out of it.

His sight was hazy - he could see a faint form next to his bed and feel a hand on his unscathed cheek - and he whispered softly, "Rin... wh... what happened?"

"I don't know. I was hoping you could tell me. Listen, there's something I never told you, and you need to know this now. I am also a waterbender. I don't know how it came to be, but my mother taught me waterbending as I was growing up in the hopes that I'd never be a firebender. Genetics caught me as the oddball. I'm going to try and heal the burn as much as I can, but I'm not sure it'll work well nearer your eye..." She fell silent, biting her lip.

It came crashing back to him: How he'd opposed a general's plan, how he'd had to fight in an angi kai, and how his father had been the one who had been going to fight him.

He'd surrendered. And had been punished for his supposed weakness.

He shut his eye and turned his face away to hide his anguish, wincing when the overly-warm pillowcase brushed his still-hurting burn.
---
Rin sat on the edge of his bed and gently turned his face toward hers. "Zuko-san, please let me help you. You've been the best friend I've ever had." She swallowed. "Your... Your father is banishing me too. I don't know why. I would've gone with you of my own free will anyways, but... It doesn't add up for me."

"It does for me. He thought that you'd corrupted me or something..." He closed his eye again. "All you ever did was make me happy by just being here."
---
That was no lie. Zuko had always trusted Rin with his thoughts and feelings, and she always knew how to make him smile.

But would he ever smile again, after his own father pretty much disowned him?...
---
The servant came back in with water, but the water was hotter than lightning. Though Rin thanked him, she glared at his back as he left, and she set the water on the side table and froze it. After heating it slightly with firebending, she lifted the water and rested it on the side of his face, freezing it. He winced as the outer edges of the burn went away - it still hurt - and when she pulled the water back into the ceramic bowl, he raised a hand to his face and gingerly touched where the edges of the burn were now, and winced again.

"I was able to make it so that the scar that it would leave behind wouldn't cover half your face. I'm sorry I couldn't completely heal it... I don't practice as much as I should." She looked up as a rapidly babbling Iroh walked past, obviously trying to distract someone, and she whispered, "I'll come back later with some bandages. Try to get some sleep, alright?"

He stared at the door after it quietly closed behind her, and he turned over onto his side, unable to think.
---
Rin slumped to the ground in her room, her hands bound tightly in ropes. Azula had thrown her in there, with the guarantee that Ozai would find out about her being a waterbender as well as a firebender. The back of her shirt had been torn away, and a dragon-like burn curled from the base of her neck to just below the middle of her back.

She lifted her hands to cover her face, and she winced when the burns on her fingers twinged in pain. Tears fell down her face, and she clenched her hands into fists and curled up into a defensive ball, sobbing quietly.

She shut her eyes tightly as she recalled seeing Oni standing nearby, watching impassively, and she opened them as he walked into her room, leaning on the doorframe leisurely.

"Get out, Oni."

"Why should I? I'm not the one who changed the Fire Prince."

She stood up and darted at him, a lick of fire on the ropes, and suddenly she was against the wall, the dresser she'd been thrown into shattered into pieces. She cried out softly as a piece of broken glass from the mirror that had been on it pierced her back, and she looked up, her eyes screaming that she felt betrayed.

"Why, Oni? Why do you hate me so much now?"

"You were the smart one, the happy one. You ignored me after our parents died."

"No, I didn't! You were never there at all!"

"Shut up, witch. You're gone, and that's all there is." He stepped on her foot, snapping a bone in her ankle as he did so and creating a disgusting cracking noise, and left, not even looking back. She looked at her hands, which were laying limply in her lap, and she cried again, sobbling softly. How could she ever have thought that Oni had always been her brother...?
~~~
Gotta go; school. x_x

Alpha_zero
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't read it all Nilly, but it was very good.

I actually took my invention of the world "13" further. Here it is, again, I haven't read through it properly, so typos and such are likely -_-

Eren plucked his pointed stick from the ice, and shook the salty water from it. Nothing. Again.

Taking aim at a flapping fin, he plunged his stick into the fish's body. The nice clean water was suddenly diluted with blood. Eren grabbed the fish, as it's life energy was sapped away.

Eren set off back to the huts, salvaged from the remains of NYC. The world was clean again. Eren liked that, but not the situation it left them in.

The villagers were all bundled up in fluffy leather coats, with fleecy linning growing up the cuffs and locking them in sniggly were zips. Eren located his families hut, and hurried inside to the warmth. It was much like an old mud hut, just the walls weren't mud, more the remains of a bag of cement and a sack of bricks. It was a "Patchwork quilt" of stones, of bricks and cement to plug the shards of lights sliding into the hut.

It was lit by a crackling fire, which licked away at the pot on the stove. Eren set the fish on the spit roast, and taking off his heavy mittens, he slowly spun the fish around, collecting heat. His Mother and Sister were out at market.

How a marlet thrived in the this world, Eren knew not, and where resources were found and veegtables grown, but they were, and a market sprouted. Luxuries were slowly returning, as electricity was generated in bursts. They got it from the sizzling remains of a power station, occasionally sending bursts of power down the wires. This wasn't very good, but useful none the less.

Eren sat back as he placed the large fish on the sacue-pan, also salavaged from NYC, as everyone called it.

But when his Mother and his Sister, only a year younger than him, hurried in, red faced and breathless, Eren sat up quickly, helping his aged Mother into a chair. "Ma'? What is it?"

His siater answered. "They..." she sucked in a deep breath "...The s-ship got a jolt. The batteries have charged fully, and they found fuel!"

Eren's usually grim face widened into a long grin. "Stay here" he said, leaping for the furs that hung calmly from the door-frame. But they were thrust aside by an eager ahnd, as even more eager body sped through them. Before the 'age, Eren had trained as a pilot. As far as he knew, there was only he an Lee that could pilot a levitation craft. He and Lee could take it out to space, and get help. Stable help, help that wanted to help. Help that would actually help.

Nilitac_Tesgrah
Oldbie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was really good, Matt! ^^

~~
This ended up a bit... wonky.
~~

[i]Oni looked down at a lifeless form on the ground, his once-warm blue eyes now sharp and cold. Blood stained the dirt around the dead figure, and he bent over to flip the body over. The face was hidden by shadows. A flicker of fire erupted from Oni's fingers, and the form was-[/i]

Rin sat bolt upright, gasping. She stared at the metal wall across from her, then looked down. Her torso was tightly bound in bandages, to help the burn on her back heal, and her fingers had been gingerly healed by waterbending. The smell of burning coal hit her nose, and she shut her eyes tightly to stop tears from falling.

It had been a week since she and Zuko had been banished. Ever since then, she'd had that strange nightmare... Who was the corpse?
---
The left side of his face bandaged, Zuko was standing on deck, staring out at the ocean. The salty sea air didn't calm him down at all, and it didn't help matters that he could still see the Fire Nation Capital.

He gripped the railing tightly, the metal heating under the faint flicker of fire under his hand, and for a moment the iron glowed a bright red. Steam hissed as water was thrown over it, and Rin stood by him, resting her own hands on the railing. She was wearing the red-and-black kimono, only with a dark purple obi now. Her hair fell lightly down her back. She didn't look at him.

For a while, they looked at the ocean and the horizon, before Zuko angrily huffed and walked away. "Don't even say a word. I don't want to hear any jokes or be told that I'm still the same. I'm not."

Rin leaned against the railing, crossing her arms over the smooth metal, and rested her chin on her wrists. "I wasn't going to say anything this morning. I woke up in a bad mood and I don't feel like talking much," she muttered, letting her dark red hair fall in her face. Her yellow eyes were dull, and sad.
---
Zuko didn't even notice her sadness, only his own anger as he walked across to the other side of the ship. He rested his elbows on the rail and covered his mouth and nose with his hands and exhaled heavily. Already the anger he felt was fading, only to be left by bitter self-hate and regret. Had he been right in objecting to the general's plan? Or was he a fool for having compassion?

Or... was he simply not his father's son, or at least not raised the same way as his father had been?

[b]8888888888888888888888888shift to nighttime8888888888888888888888888[/b]

It was, as Iroh had dubbed it, star-gazing night. Iroh, being the man he was, didn't want the crew to become dull or bored and plan mutiny, so he'd come up with different ideas for what to do every other night. This one happened to be 'communication with the spirits', "or some other nonsense," mumbled Zuko angrily, half-heartedly jabbing his chopsticks into the rice bowl.

"Oh, cheer up, Zuko! This is bound to be a little better than night-before-last."

An uneasy silence fell over them before they burst out laughing. The thought of 'toga night' always made them laugh, mostly because the pilot had completely embarrassed himself by jumping into the shallows of the boat where they caught fish.

Needless to say, it had been a very revealing experience.

Maybe Star Gazing Night wouldn't be so bad after all.

Dark_Soul676

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice Nilly. I like it! ^_^
Alright, I've put my racism story away for now, and I'm still thinking of my Skies of Arcadia fanfic.

So here's another fanfic. It's my own made-up case in the Ghost in the Shell series, with a new member of the crew. You'll see what I mean soon.

Here's the intro, enjoy!

[b]Note[/b]: Some of this is truth, some is fiction. Just so you know.

Date: August 31st, 1945.

Case: Russian: "Ужасное Трио"- English: "The Terrible Trio"

History: In the Soviet Union, there were three groups of revolutionaries causing chaos around the country, known as the Shiekah, the Krusheviks, and the Rashladefs. Under the command of their leaders, the three terrorist groups caused Joseph Stalin many problems. One day, the leader of the Shiekah, known as Jorgan von Lectivik, nicknamed "Коготь Утюга" or "Iron Claw", ordered a full scale attack on the Bolshevik manor in Stalingrad, causing the Soviet Union's third civil war in 20 years.

During the war, the leaders of the Shiekah, the Krusheviks, and the Rashladefs met and agreed on an alliance. To add salt to the wound, the three leaders shook hands right in the middle of Stalin Square in Stalingrad, causing an emotional uprising of epic proportions. The Alliance called itself "Ужасное Трио" or "The Terrible Trio". With the revolutionist groups now joined together in a axis of powers, it looked as if they could not be stopped.

Unfortunately, it was all in vain, as Joseph Stalin and the powerful Soviet Army crushed Iron Claw and his alliance in a Bloody Battle known as "Сражение Stalingrad" or "The Battle of Stalingrad". Iron Claw and his other two companions were captured and immediantly executed in Stalin Square, permenantly silencing The Terrible Trio.

A book was later writen by a P.O.W. of the terrorists, known as "Вкус утюга" or "The Taste of Iron." The book revealed the reasons for the terrorists uprising, and IronClaw's rise to fame. It is rumored to be the book that influenced the rise of the Chechen mafia.

But lately, the Chechen mafia have been strangely vicious in it's attacks on the newly reformed country of Russia. The death toll by the Chechen mafia has reached a staggering 1,565. The leader, known as Khozh-Ahmed Noukhaev, has called this ongoing conflict a "Святейшее Восстание". But he was wounded in The First Chechen War, and he hasn't been seen since. But his words are still being echoed through his followers, who say that their leader still lives, and will live forever.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EDIT: Double Post, my bad. <_<
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> General Writing Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 13 of 17

Jump to: