Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Should Homosexual Couples Be Able To Adopt?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Politics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sagered

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should Married Same-Sex couples be able to have children? Me and my best friends all have different view points on that-

My friend thinks that they shoulden't. The child would be teased for the rest of their lives because of their parents. She figures that gay couples can still get married, but children are out of the question because they would get mentally scarred.

I think they should. I figure it would be better to grow up with loving parents rather then alone in an orhanage. Plus, if it wasn't so uncommon for homosexual couples to raise children, maybe the new generation would understand it's okay and they wouldn't be ridiculed.

Anyhow, I want to hear your opinion on the subject!
Fayore

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see why not. As for your friend's argument, I don't think that's really valid, especially since most people don't talk about their parents anyway.

When they get older, people will understand anyway. It's not like there's anything wrong about being adopted by a gay couple, right? Just because people are gay doesn't mean anything.

Then again, I live in Canada and we're generally more socially acceptable to this kinda of thing than the US. Probably because Christianity doesn't have such a strong hold as in the states.

But yeah~ I'd bet that some gay couples can't adopt because there's a law against it. If they're allowed to be married at all. I personally don't think it's too uncommon, especially since there are lots of children's books written with that sort of subject in mind.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Brianhjh

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I do think they should be able to adopt, among my accomplices, (not my friends) the major argument was that children raised by homosexual parents will always grow up to be homosexual, now, we KNOW that heterosexual parents ALWAYS produce hetrosexual children. :rolleyes:

and also, in Europe and Canada, adoption for homosexual couples has been around for quite some time and they're having success with it.

Liberalize!
Fayore

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian, you have accomplices? o_o;

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sephir0th666777
Elder In Training

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you.

One should be allowed to have children if they are able at parenting.

Red_Quatre:Who's the guy that says "Get over here!" and then grabs you.
Blad: A rapist
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
fallenangel
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you look at the children in the states who have already been raised by gay parents (through a variety of methods, regular adoption still not one of them), the children are often very happy, accepting kids, and obviously not always gay.

I have to laugh at the argument that they'll be made fun of, though, because it's basically saying "fags can't have kids 'cause if they do, we're gonna discriminate against them." Rolling eyes However, those arguments are always coming from much older people who are using their school experience as reference, and times have changed in that regard. There's tons of openly gay high school students. Clubs for it. People who pretend to be gay for status. . . . . If someone themselves is gay, sure they'll be talked about, but no worse than kids who are fat or short or have stupid glasses. Same goes for having gay parents. It wouldn't be that big of a deal anymore, except among the older conservatives.

If a kid can be successfully raised by a single parent, they clearly don't need both genders around.

With so many kids who are in the system and so many gay couples that would love to adopt, it's a shame people are so stupid.
Kratosgirl14
Rookie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they should, if i had a wife i'd like to adopt a child ^_^

but if i had a husband, i'd just have one

but the point is, homosexuals AND Bisexuals should have the right to ADOPT or MARRY
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
JediRevan20
How can I get a custom title thing?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, on the grounds that I think that gay parents can be better than some straight parents.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Dogss
Would like fries with that

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's too bad you all don't watch Six feet Under, there was a subplot on how a gay couple succesfully managed to adopt some very troubled kids.

August
Still very bored

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think homosexual couples should be allowed to adopt. They don't seem to worry about children that are adopted or go through foster care and are molested and beaten, because, [sarcasm] of course, that never happens and our adoption system is perfect. Oh yeah, homosexuals would totally ruin it.[/sarcasm]

I'm still pretty pissed off at Michigan's ban of gay marriage. But, you know, when people get over that, maybe they'll actually let homosexual be equal and adopt kids. Kinda how we had to wait for African Americans to be considered some what equal so they could atleast vote.
Zekk
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am all for letting gays marry and adopt kids! It makes a lot of scence becuase simply a Guy/Girl couple can adopt, so why can't gays. It a free cuntry and everyone is soposed to have equal rights; but hey I'm moving to Canada when I get older for just that reason...
fallenangel
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Kinda how we had to wait for African Americans to be considered some what equal so they could atleast vote.

Exactly. Humans are stupid animals. "What? Let women vote? But they're...women!" "Black people don't need rights. Sure, we gave women theirs, but that's different, these are black people." And now it's the exact same thing.

Someday we're gonna run out of groups to discriminate against. Sad And that'll be sad.
VR_Jay
Very Oldbie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thay could make ghey behbehs Gray Wub

"Your toast is burnt and no amount of scraping will remove the black stuff!" ~ Caboose, Red vs. Blue
Moonlightelf
Space Monkey

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that they should be able to. All childrens need loving and caring parents to support their life and help them out of problems. And these couples are also humans with same rights (?)
((that ? cause idk that from America...))
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I don't see why it isn't legal already. It's legal in England.
I suppose it's just because people are more closed minded nowerdays . But personally I think that they should , its's not realy fair to say that they can't adopt a child when they can't have one themselves anyway . I don't really see how people can have so much hatred for homosexuals . But yes I think that they should be able to adopt and do things like other people and not be treated like dirt.
Kai-is-my-Angel

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They defenetly should, there still parents right? I would love to see tatu adopt a child Smile lol no but serioustly, they should be able to have the right to adopt, just like everybody else.

ciao
ultima_yunie
Very bored

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kai-is-my-Angel (Kat) wrote:
I would love to see tatu adopt a child Smile lol

[QUOTE]

Didn't you hear? Tatu are fake lesbians. They have boyfriends. (That's a publicity stunt gone wrong Rolling eyes )

Here in Australia, it's swaying between legal and illegal. They're too busy making it legal for Police Officers to shoot to kill <_<

I hope it's legal. They should have the same rights as everyone else.

After all, I heard they only have problems with it cause of the Bible Rolling eyes

And they don't understand.

(Sorry if you're an over-protective Christian reading this. But is that right?)
hikari0205
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ultima_yunie (Yunie) wrote:
After all, I heard they only have problems with it cause of the Bible Rolling eyes

And they don't understand.

(Sorry if you're an over-protective Christian reading this. But is that right?)

I'm Christian but I do disagree with many parts of the Bible . I just think it's too ... close minded and stuck in the old ways .
ultima_yunie
Very bored

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, excatly. The old ways.

The times are changing, and people and therefore religions and politics should change with them.

Otherwise, we'll never improve anything.
hikari0205
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah , you can't carry on in life without changes . People stuck in the old ways aren't going to get very far in the modern world .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Politics All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: