Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Carving Pumpkins

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> General Art Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
layzcarter
I used to work here

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought 5 pumpkins.. in one i did the oilers logo.. in the other sailor moon, and the other simba... i havn't done the other two yet... The simba one is nice... i'll take pics ;)

anyone else do the pumpkin thing?
Sanoshi
Site Helper

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YEa my family did pumpkin carvings. Lol Yumeko did her own original desgin. It looked like Ed's (Cowboy beebop) hacker face. Lol me and my older sis just use the default ones out of hte book. I did a harvest death guy, and she did this skeleton jester.

It's molding at this very moment.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
layzcarter
I used to work here

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2003 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I drew my own Sailor Moon and Oilers logo one. But I printed out a picture of Simba to use. I didn't have enough time to draw it out. So my sailor moon and oilers and simba turned out fine. However my pikachu one looks like crap. I butchered it. Plus when i was carving it I sliced my thumb open. It hurts!!! I'm gonna take pics tonight and post em Wink I luv my simba one.
layzcarter
I used to work here

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2003 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are my pumpkins I carved

http://fanart.ctgameinfo.com/images/layzca...er/pumpkin2.jpg

http://fanart.ctgameinfo.com/images/layzca...er/pumpkin1.jpg
DG-sama

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow you musta had alot of patience to do those. They're ver impressive.

God damn you signature WORK!
layzcarter
I used to work here

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I must have... Smile It took about four hours for each pumpkin. The pikachu one turned out ultra crappy... I didn't even bother lighting it... plus I cut myself while carving it. Next year I think I'm going to do a bunch.. like ten. But it will be better thought out... I kinda just did those pics in a hurry..
Yokoana
Forum contributor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did one! It was a kitty face. I drew it myself. But it's squished and moldy now so I can't show it to you. Wha... Sad
Fieldgar
Newb

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2003 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carving pumpkins...like, Halloween styles?
I'm assuming you felluz live in the States - is Halloween really as big as it's made out? Because, we here (I'm not telling my country-- you've probably never heard of it anyway) celebrate Halloween by having a Halloween party, which usually means drink, drink and more drink, some stupid costumes, and a horror movie which noone watches because we're all too pissed. Some young'ns do the whole trick or treat thing, but they don't come round my way.

I egg them good.

But judging from what we see on TV, it seems like a really big deal over there, like every kid gets dressed up and does the trick or treat thing, 'trick or treat!" where as over here it's like, "give us all your money and jewellery or we'll burn your house down"...

Pumpkin carving- that's non existent over here, like, nobody does it at all. We usually save our festive holiday spirits and cheer for Christmas, which usually involves family, friends, a damn good atmosphere, and more alcohol than you could ever hope to chug down in one day...

Anyway, if you haven't guessed where I live, which you won't of because you guys won't even know where it is on the globe, I live in New Zealand, (where?) a country pretty much run by piss-ups, foreigners and dodgy politicians. Fun!
layzcarter
I used to work here

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2003 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You must think everyone on this site to be pretty stupid! Of course I know of New Zealand.

And yeah lot's of kids do the trick or treating deal over here in Canada... however it seems to die a little every year. With kidnapping and murders and great stuff like that.... I remember one year... I think it maybe have been 96.. we had a guy threatening to kill again on Halloween. Smile He even threatened Trevor Linden's wife (hockey player) Smile. Anyways.. but with crazies like him wandering around... not to many parents want their kids walking around in the dark.
Fieldgar
Newb

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2003 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think you're all stupid, it's just that New Zealand is only just starting to get an international identity, and not just being 'that small country next to Australia', so you may know of NZ, but what do you know about NZ?

Like, I live in a city called Lower Hutt, which is in the capital area of Wellington, and the last American I told that to thought Lower Hutt was literally a shack hut below a higher one in the forest...

To show how small we are, here's an idea- Auckland is the biggest city in the country.

it has a million people. Wellington, the capital, is the second largest, with like, 350,000 people.

But still, it sounds cheap and redneck compared to like, USA or Canada or whatever, but it's still a pretty cool place to live.

That's why I'm moving to Sydney next year....sweeeeeet......
layzcarter
I used to work here

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My gr.11 english teacher was from "NZ" Smile She would always talk about it. I never got the impresssion that any part of it is redneck Smile If anything I would consider most parts of the States redneck b4 any small part of New Zealand.

Fieldgar
Newb

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2003 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Redneck might be a bit 'off' actually.

Whorry, skunjy, stink, crap, browntown (no offense to the brown skinned people- it's just another word for sh*tty city) heinous, dump, hobo, etc might be a bit more fitting. But one thing we do have over here that noone else has is the wicked natural side of things, as you might have seen in the Lord Of The Rings movies, that's a rough idea of natural NZ, but that's nothing, some places you go to and you're just like, holy sh*t that's cool.

Our cities are sweet though, for a small country. One thing, though, that never seems quite right-

Samoan hip-hop.

It's really really bad, but all the samoans buy it so there's a market for it which sux @$$. But most other kiwi music is pretty sweet. Pacifier- are they well known in USA? They're huge over here- but not as Pacifier, as Shihad, their old name. They had to change it coz it sounded too much like Gihad, and they just hit America after September 11th.

Even with the crap they put out as Pacifier, they are a fuc*ing fuc*ing good show to see live- hellgood.

Howcome noone ever sends in any art of Terminator? I have a few I'm gonna send in when the scanners fixed, lots of T-1000 pix.

That stickfigure of Neo dodging bullets is wicked! Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> General Art Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: