Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Pirates Of The Caribbean

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> TV & Movies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
j_sparrow
Newb

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to say POTC is the best movie ever how many agree
Darksaber

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I SOO AGREE!!!!!!!!!!! THAT MOVE SO ROCKED!!!! and i usually dont watch disney movies but pt 2 is coming out in September and the original cast signed on it soo YAY!!!! well n-e-ways thats what i think
j_sparrow
Newb

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea your right its going to be called POTC the treasure of the lost abyss Smile
fallenangel
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Um... no. I'll leave it at that.
layzcarter
I used to work here

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

can you say overrated? The characters were so poorly developed in that movie. Or maybe it was because Johnny Depp just did such an amazing job he shadowed the other characters.........no... no the character development just sucked. I hated the elizabeth character... gee... she knows quite a bit about sailing and ships.. that's pretty believable. Then again some dead guys searchn the world for some coins to break some curse is pretty unbelievable too.. Smile Orlando Bloom sucked ass in the movie. It was a boring movie... the costumes, special effects and loud noises may have fooled some... but not me!
fallenangel
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's an awesome disneyland ride, though. Cool
BAMFManiac
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i thought it was pretty good. mostly it was just a lot better than i thought it would be. i really liked johnny depp's character, and orlando bloom was all right (his character didn't have much personality tho). but yea elizabeth was pretty annoying. the fight scenes and stuff were pretty good. and yes i love that ride! it's one of my favourite disny rides!
rachey
Still very bored

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yo yo yo dog. it just wasnt aight for me. get what im saying? actually I dont...
ummmm.... anyway.... actually I really didnt like it.
To tell you the truth the only good thing in the movie was Johnny Depp....
My friend liked it tho.. made me watch it....
jammin3giraffe
Newb

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I luv that movie! Tis my favorite. I thought it was excellent. ^_^;
feari
in Deep Thought

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A very good movie. I agree with Lazy that Elizabeth knowing a lot about pirates is really unlikely for a woman during her time. However, it was well put together and the cast/crew/producers put loads and I mean LOADS of work into it, making it a good film. The acting was good and the special effects were good. You can't deny the effects making men into skeletons was really really well done. I think Orlando did a good job. However, he was a little weak. Either that or Depp just outshined him so much... Johnny Depp was amazing in that film though.
Vampiress-Ozzy
Newb

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

POTC was the best you people are soooo cleaver I totaaly facy CJS (s**t) I said that outlous oh well
artchic528
Still very bored

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

<_< Yes Zack lover we get the picture your in love with Orli...

Laughing It was the funniest hing i eversaw..okay not really but it was pretty cute for a pirate movie...

Laughing Laughing I half to agree that Johnny's charicter really ties the whole movie together...He was just so gol dern awsome Talk about talent... The guy really has an innate ability to bring the best out of charicters.

ORli was okay.. alhtough the writers didn't give him much of a charicter to work with...WHy did he decide to do that charicter anyway? Must be a I'm-new-to-the-business sorta thing. I mean the only thing i got form his charicter was "I'm in love with the govonner's daughter" Yep that pretty much discribs Ol' Willie donsn't it!

And who really falls in love with a winny brat that always seems to get her self in deeper than she should. I am ashamed to share the same name with that charicter <_<

Geofroy Rush was pretty good too. Although how manny people actually like the archvillian of the main hero?

The guy who played the Govennor was pretty funny at times.

If i had to pick a fav scene it would have to be the infamous Blacksmith Swordfighting scene. So many funny things... but my favourite was when Orli was covered in soot. As the commentary said it was actually chocolate powder so now every time I see that scene I just have to say:

"Chocolate Covered Orlando, YUM!!!" Razz
artchic528
Still very bored

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zack_Lover......You can stop now..... <_<

Inuyasha: Whats with all thse girls drooling over guys they'll never have a chance with anyway... <_<

Me: Now Inu-chan..don't make fun of her..she has a rght to be obbsessed with Orli-chan! Razz

Inuyasha: Whatever...... <_<
Sirius
Very bored

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KEIRA KNIGHTLEY :wub:

Do you realize how dumb that sounded.

If you do then you've learned something

If you didn't well then you're a lost cause
artchic528
Still very bored

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry it only works with girls drooling over guys....Nice try Sirius Razz
artchic528
Still very bored

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay s here's what I think will happen in the POTC II

Jack Sparrow returns to Port Royal finding that he missess "Young Will Turner"

He finds that they have married and that Elizabeth is pregnant with thier child.

"Best of luck to you both on that mate. Never went much for that type of thing myself." He says.

Will wants to venture with Jack but understadibly stays with Elizabeth.

Unfortunatly at that time, Commandore Norrington finds that Jack has returned.

"Like to stick around a bit , but I have what you call a bit of thron in my side! Savvy?" Jack says as he leaves.

Norrington issues his legions after the Pirate Captian only to find himself out witted again.

"It seems to me, sir, that that pirate becomes more clever as time goes on." Gillette responds as Jack flees into town.

"I have taken every precaution. I know that scoundrel lke the back of my hand. He shant be getting away this time." Norrington replies.

Jack sparrow manages to dodge bullets as he runs into town and into the jail. There he finds Pintel and Raggetie in a cell.

"If it isn't the good Captian, back to free his loyal crew!" Raggettie says popping his eye back in place.

"Shuttup, stupid." Pintel says hitting Raggettie in the stomache so hard that his eye falls out.

"Now look what you've gone and made me do!" Ragettie wines as he searches the floor for his eye.

"If you two don't mind me askin', why do you come about as me loyal crew soon as that bloody rat, Barbosa leaves this earth?"

"He made us do it!" Pintel argues

"Yeah, we had no chioce! It was either servin' him or join ol' Bootstraps in the briny depths." Raggetie adds.

"I SAID 'SHUT UP'!!!"

Well to sum up the rest of this story...Pintell and Regettie spend the rest of the movie trying to convince Jack that they were really his loyal crew and not Barbosa's. They end up getting Jack deeper into trouble and further into the grasp of Norrington. Norrington chases Jack all over town and all over the ocean. Will tries to help Jack get out of Port Royal unscathed and Elizabeth manaeges to tag along leaving room for many a joke about pregnant women. When all seems at its worst (Jack at the Gallows once more and Will helpless to do anything ) Will turner III is born. Its this distration the Will uses to once again free the Pirate and leave Norrington once again with out a dead Jack.

"It appears sir, that Jack Sparrow has once again escaped your grasp." Gillette says as the ship sails away into the horizon.

"I shall have that Pirate some day mind you, Its just that I prefer to add a little sport to it. He is after all, the last of the Pirates.

"Yes sir, I know"

Of course this is just a little summary of what might happen in the next movie, according to me!
flaming_weasel
Very bored

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You forgot the part where Will's dear ol' dad miraculously returns due to some loophole in the curse - i.e. when he was sent to the bottom of the ocean he was already (un)dead, so he had plenty of time to get safely ashore by the time the curse was lifted.

*sigh* Orlando Bloom is hot. [i]But[/i] he insists on playing mere secondary characters like Legolas and Will (protest as you will, he was secondary to Jack), so he doesn't really have a chance to broading his acting repitoire. Or maybe he can't act and he knows it, so he wisely sticks to shallow characters.
artchic528
Still very bored

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My I ask why you posted that irrelivant post in this thread, Zach_Lover?

I decided to forget about the whole Bootstrap Bill contaversy....It makes my version of the movie seem that much simpler...
flaming_weasel
Very bored

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote]I decided to forget about the whole Bootstrap Bill contaversy....It makes my version of the movie seem that much simpler... [/quote]

I suppose you're right. Besides, knowing Disney they'll probably save that part for Pirates of the Caribbean 3. Gotta milk it for more than it's worth, it seems.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> TV & Movies All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: