Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
The Last Samurai

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> TV & Movies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dragonsun5
Very bored

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this movie rocked...i watched it last night...it was really awsome!

although i really don't like Tom Cruise...he was really good in this movie...the guy who played katsumoto was awsome...ken some-thing-or other...

so what did u guys think about it?

cyaz

dragon :ph34r:
Powtaz
Oldbie

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

its my fav movie.

when i saw it it like really hit me. i loved that movie!!!!!

im not much of a tom cruise fan, but yah, he played his role perfectly. im so gonna buy this movie. i reccomend it to EVERYONE!
Lexar
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the ninjas were awesome!
dragonsun5
Very bored

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my brother got this movie for me...its soooo kickass...::re-watching it:: ^ ^

Tom Cruise did play really well in this movie....i love the sword fight scenes...and the ending...that was REALLY emotional...the guy who played katsumoto was awsome....

cya

dnmtt

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought this movie was great but it got totally smacked by the critics! I think they just didn't like how the film showed utter disdain for the spread of western capitalism.
dragonsun5
Very bored

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

people still portray utter distain of the western movement today...look at iraq...they don't want us there...and yet...we are still forcing western movement on them.... <_<

now on to the movies Laughing

cyaz

iamem0tionless
How can I get a custom title thing?

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just rented some games from Family Video. When I go back, I think I might rent The Last Samurai. I WAS going to get it, but didn't think about it at the time. Have you guys heard of that movie "Hero"? It looks like it's going to be pretty good.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Kiyiya
Very bored

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved the movie! I fight scenes were cool and I liked the fire... WTF? Eh, yeah...
n8comics
Has No Life

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably the only movie where I almost started crying at the end XD Poor samuri, got all shot up Sad What really got me was when he dragged his ass-kicked body in and told that little speech, now that was heart-touching ^_^ Great movie Smile
Baby-Bunny
Very bored

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[b]HIYA! ^.^[/b]
yeah *nods head* very cool film =^_______^=
Ace_of_Spades
Rookie

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this movie was good but these pricks at the movies laughed everytime someone got decapitataed
n8comics
Has No Life

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol! That was me but while watching Kill Bill ^_^
Melahan

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

:ph34r: Totally, the Last Samurai was awesome. I honestly am not a big Tom Cruise fan either, but I think he totally portrayed the character as exactly as it should have been done. the pricks who rate the movies probably don't get the honor of a samurai.. sure they may say it was this or that.. but I don't think that they really understands what is means to have honor in Japanese society... but Tom Cruise learned it. I mean I have much respect for the man now, especially since he spoke actually Japanese and learned to fight with, not only one, but two katanas.. it is just an awesome movie.
Powtaz
Oldbie

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i just watched it again, and its the first movie EVER to hit me so hard twice.

im so impressed, people lack honour these days.

that movie made me realize i have absoloutley no self disipline anymore. i also realized that i dont give a s**t about anything anymore. wow, i think now that i know, i should do something.
so i did, i actually did half of my project today. that is due, today. so i'll hand it in a day late, meh, better than getting a zero. i also plan on actually studdying for my french exam wednesday.

u know what, i am gonna pass. i dont care, thats my attitude now, lol.

stupid movie, making me think about my attitude on life, lol. i am going to have to buy that movie.
VR_Jay
Very Oldbie

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the last samurai was a true work of art, plain and simple.

[color=black]"Your toast is burnt and no amount of scraping will remove the black stuff!" ~ Caboose, Red vs. Blue[/color]
Lasher
I used to work here

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Considering i'm big into asian culture, japanese being my favorite, of course i've seen it. I owned it, one of the first in america since i got a special order put in straight from the movie industry itself (nice when stepdad has connections WTF? ) and i've seen it more than once to say the least.

I like the story, i like how it's told, the samurai is portrayed. And i think it does it well.

I remember before this came out, me and my history teacher where in a HUGE debate on how america basically bullied other countries about, japan being a perfect example. He didn't like that, being a one way kind of man, a christian, a republican and a bush supporter. You should have heard him, it made me so mad.

I wish things had been different, and when i saw that movie, it just proved it to me that much more. The swords shouldn't have been outlawed, at least not that way, not with the americans involved. Why does our country always turn out to be a jackass i ask? i swear Grr!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
VR_Jay
Very Oldbie

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

because we [i]are[/i] jackasses, as a whole.

yep, we bully. you can see it time and time again through our history. its what all the super powers do: bully the little guys. you'd think a country that has been around for less than 300 years would know better, considering <_<

[color=black]"Your toast is burnt and no amount of scraping will remove the black stuff!" ~ Caboose, Red vs. Blue[/color]
feari
in Deep Thought

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my goodness. I loved this movie. This was so awesome and I want it like nothing else. I loved this movie for so many reasons. First of all, I'm a big fan of oriental/Japanese themes. ((Duh..)) Second of all, Tom Cruise looked really good in it ((specially in a kimono)). 3. the story was fantastic ((better than Tom Cruise.. ^__~)) 4. The costumes/themes etc. was pretty accurate. 5. they speak Japanese in it. 6. they use katanas 7. samurai have honour. 8. even though the good guys all die ((except for cruise)), they still kind of win. 9. it's has a good message and it really does touch you 10. that movie just kicked butt. ^_^
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> TV & Movies All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: