Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Adult Swim
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> TV & Movies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lasher
I used to work here

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who the hell doesn't watch that thing?

I'd freakin kill to have a job like those people do. It's utterly a dream.

And the shows, love them, watch them all.

Family Guy
Futurama
The Oblongs
Aqua Teen Hunger Force
Harvey Birdman Attorney At Law
Space Ghost
Inuyasha
Cowboy Bebop
Lupin III
Trigun
Wolf's Rain
Witch Hunter Robin
Home Movies

the list goes on and on. And all are oh so entertaining in their own little way. They really are. *sighs* i wish it was on right now.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
RoseDagger
Still very bored

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^_^ yup i <3 adult swim :wub: i watch it all the time.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Ito6
Very bored

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watch it whenever I can. I most amazing thing that Adult Swim has dome is they put on FLCL, which wasn't on TV in Japan. Hopefully this is a sign of things to come.
BAMFManiac
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes! hurray for adult swim! i started watching it about 2 or 3 summers ago with my cousins, and i've loved it ever since. it sucks that i can't watch it that much during the skool year tho. god i wish i had that job, too. that would be the COOLEST thing ever

o and you forgot mission hill and the brak show! (maybe not on there anymore, but the shows are always off and on). o and whatever happened to ripping friends? i saw one ep of it. it was weird. mostly i just watched it out of nostalgia for ren and stimpy. and you forgot sealab 2021! that's one of the best shows on there! or did they take it off for awhile? sorry i haven't seen adult swim in a while...

indeed i loved when they showed flcl! such a great show! some of the other anime they've shown is less-than-satisfactory, tho. i hated kikaider and blue gender. the anime they're showing now is good, tho. i hope bebop stays on there (can't get enough of that show!). erm and on sunday, i'm not a big fan of space ghost either
demonshadow
Very bored

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i love it in general...
Lasher
I used to work here

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just naming the ones from the top of my head Alex :huh: lol

Space Ghost isn't one of my favorites but it's okay.

And yeah, Kikaider sucked, but did you notice how it wasn't around all to long? Gee, i wonder why? Rolling eyes If you haven't noticed, or maybe it's just me, whenever they express opinions on their flash cards about shows, i pretty much always feel the same way, think the same thing. Oh, by the way, Blue Gender wasn't all that bad. Just annoyed me how long they took em to get past him being such a cry baby, and all the sudden, almost in a flash, to pyscho man. *rolls eyes*

I've seen pics of what william street looks like on their website and where they all work and such. That place is filled with apples, G5's, Powerbooks, iBook, iMacs, everywhere! See, i'm not the only one, and that's the kind of thing i'd like to do is what their doing. Apples are great for that. *shrugs* And they got all this cool art all over the place that is very much to my taste. It seems like a very cool, laid back place to work, while at the same time, being a place where you actually work.

And just think, Adult Swim are the ones credited for the new Family Guy episodes the creators are working on. It was because of Adult Swim they brought that baby back! Woot Woot! Many good things from that place. It use to be on like, 2 or three days a week in the beginning, and now it's on 5 days. Now if only we can take over Friday and Saturday night *evil grin*

Oh yeah, and the FLCL Thing, loveee it, it's my fav Anime out there even though it's so damn short, and doesn't really seem sane, but more insane, god i love that. I want to do a bunch of paintings around shows they have on AS, including FLCL, i love Haruko
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
BAMFManiac
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol sorry lasher. er i was just contributing the list of programs... ?

haha yea kikaider wasn't around too long, but the thing was it was on for most of the summer! and that's the only time i can really watch it every nite! if it was during the skool year i wouldn't care. and blue gender just annoyed me. i only watched like 3 episodes so lol i didn't even know he went all psycho. meh.

oo yea that would be the kind of job i'd want, too! not necessarily working for a tv company, but something creative and laidback. i don't want to be stressed like i am at skool, and i want to be doing something i enjoy. and yay i'm so glad they're making new family guy eps, too! the incredible dvd sales combined with adult swim showings made it so popular! i think they've signed on for 2 new seasons to air on fox primetime in 2005 or something. pssh fox finally wised up.

mhmm flcl is so crazy! i love it! i've seen it 3 or 4 times, and i still don't get all of it, but it's still great. ahaha haruko is so cool. she makes me laugh. naota is awesome, too. he's so cute.
Sephoroth_1st_Fan
Issued A Restraining Order

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"FLCL is really good. They have it on Saturdays now!." Laughing
Lasher
I used to work here

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, and i love how they captured the power of the guitar in that thing. I wish i could wave one around like that hiting people with it and such. But when i get one, which i will someday! i will NOT be doing that.

Now if i seel some books and become a millionaire, i'll bome a couple of them and have a few just for that.
Lasher
I used to work here

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love Aqua Teen Hunger Force. Meatwad meeting honeys see.

lol, i can't decide which one i like. They all got the characteristics that are just to great to choose. I got Frylock in my profile though. Go frylock, the reason and common sense of the group. Gotta love him. And fries is the best part of fast food. mm, i just had wendy's too. lol
Myst
Very bored

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah for Adult Swim. I watch it all the time Very Happy
BAMFManiac
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol yea meatwad does get the honeys. i love meatwad! i love frylocke too! he's so funny. carl is cool, too, and i love the mooninites! they are hilarious! i hate shake, tho. he's just annoying. tries too hard to be funny.
Lasher
I used to work here

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way Alex, i like your signature you have of Peter trying to Haggle, lol. I always remember that scene but can never remember what else happened in that one episode.

Any how, great image of Frylock, he's great. I didn't watch it this week though, to tired and out of it and such. But i remember drifting in and out of sleep, and Aqua teens was on, and all i could see was Carls head on a little remote car and someone controling it and making it fly around, i think it was frylock. And they just kept putting his decapitated head on all these things, i can barely remember it though. lol
BAMFManiac
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol thanks i love that family guy scene too. bah i can't remember the episode either! that always happens to me- i've memorized so many family guy eps and can quote entire scenes, but i get all the scenes confused and don't know what episode they came from. lol that's because so many of them are so random and don't have any relevence to the storyline

and haha sounds like an interesting episode of athf? i haven't seen that show in so long... i can't wait till summer- i'll be able to watch it more
Kikyana
Very bored

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adult swim rocks... infact i'm planning on watching it tonight. One of my most favortite shows on there is Family guy... stewie is so cool one of my favorite episodes is when he gets an addiction to pancakes at megs work.. that was funny

Ive watched FlCL a couple of times and i dont get it at all it scares me

and the most beautifull looking show on there would have to be wolfs rain... its so gosh darn perty!
BAMFManiac
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stewie: [after eating pancakes] oh these are better than sex! ...hey flappy! good news! i've decided not to kill you!

[i]later[/i]
meg: ...and then my son became addicted to crack
stewie: oh yes. i'm cuckoo for crack!

indeed wolf's rain is very pretty. but not as pretty as cowboy bebop. or spirited away.
Kikyana
Very bored

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh yeah and the episode where meg's boyfriend is a nudist or something and her whole family plays a game nude with him i only saw a little of that episode but i thought it was hillarious

Ive watched cowboy bebop a couple times and i loved spirited away
Lasher
I used to work here

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't seen Spirited Away, and i've seen Cowboy Bebop so many freakin times it's ridiculous and almost boring now. And Wolf's Rain is just new, and it is beautiful, as well as a great story line.
Kikyana
Very bored

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah i read the episode summaries in a magazine and i hate the ending....
Lasher
I used to work here

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, but i've seen all those shows time and time again, like no other. I watch it religiously usually. Only time i don't is when i'm just to wasted to keep my eyes open. Even then i lay so my head is at the end of the bed, and lay from corner to corner to i'm turned just enough to see the tv screen while having my head resting on my pillow, and i fall asleep watching it, and half remember everything. lol

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> TV & Movies All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: