Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Van Helsing
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> TV & Movies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Myst
Very bored

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My sister, friend, and I saw Van Helsing yesterday. It was awsome Very Happy The special effects were really cool.

Has anyone else seen it? If you have what did you think?
demonshadow
Very bored

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i havent seen it but i want to....
iamem0tionless
How can I get a custom title thing?

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I went and saw it on Friday. It was f**king awesome. I was kind of angry about them making out Frankenstein to be a pussy :/ He was all sensitive and stuff. Other than that, it was great. I plan to buy it when it's released. MY next movie on my list of movies to watch is The Punisher Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
ChrisFox
Has No Life

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you read the book Frankenstein's monster is sensitive. Razz
TsukiNoNeko
Very bored

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw it last night, and I thought it was pretty good. I was under the impression initially that it was going to be really lame and predictable, but I was pleasently surprised.

I must say though, I am much in love with David Wenham. He is most amusing. Cute.
Sephoroth_1st_Fan
Issued A Restraining Order

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All my friends have seen it! I really, really, really want to see it!
iamem0tionless

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="ChrisFox (Chris)"] If you read the book Frankenstein's monster is sensitive. Razz [/quote]
Heh, I didn't know that. I never read the book, though I DO have it. I've only seen the movies. In them, though, he wasn't saying things like "Oh no, they'll kill us all! Let me hide, I don't want to fight!" Plus, in the movies and stuff, he didn't know what he was doing and he couldn't help it, where as in Van Helsing he could control himself and was just basically a human with super strength.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
layzcarter
I used to work here

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frankenstein is mr.sensitive... but still a monster.. Ever seen the movie Monster Squad? Frankenstien rocked in that
Myst
Very bored

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favorite character was the friar that helped out Van Helsing. He was funny Very Happy

Maemi
Very bored

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Myst (Nikki Ray)"]My favorite character was the friar that helped out Van Helsing.  He was funny Very Happy[/quote]
That guy was a genius! And may I add, a cowardly person too. ^_^
Myst
Very bored

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked when the people said stuff like "Are monks allowed to do that?" and then he would say "Technically I'm not a monk I'm a Friar." Very Happy

(It was something like that. :wacko: )
ChrisFox
Has No Life

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, in the book the monster was actually really smart and knew exactly what he was doing. It was the constant rejection because of his physical deformity that made him go crazy and then when he asked Frankenstein to make him a companion the doctor refused at the last minute. Then the monster started chasing Frankenstein and all that good stuff blah blah.. movies ruin good books all too often.

*Best movie make of the book Frankenstein was the one where DeNiro played the monster.
n8comics
Has No Life

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah it was pretty cool. But did anyone think dracula got his ass kicked to bad when he fought Van Hellsing at the end? WTF?
iamem0tionless

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="ChrisFox (Chris)"] Yeah, in the book the monster was actually really smart and knew exactly what he was doing. It was the constant rejection because of his physical deformity that made him go crazy and then when he asked Frankenstein to make him a companion the doctor refused at the last minute. Then the monster started chasing Frankenstein and all that good stuff blah blah.. movies ruin good books all too often.

*Best movie make of the book Frankenstein was the one where DeNiro played the monster. [/quote]
Oh dude, that was on last night and I was going to watch it but it was like... 1:30 AM :/ I hope it comes on again. I've only watched Frankenstein twice, I think. Once in class last year and once with my dad.

Dracula NEEDED an ass kicking. I think they should've had a different actor for Dracula, though. The guy who portrayed him just wasn't doing it for me.
n8comics
Has No Life

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To me he sounded like a british (or w/e) pimp who got his balls squeezed a little to hard when he was young o_O Great actor though, just not good for Dracula. But I definately wanted to see the Dracula and Hellsing fight go on a little longer.
Myst
Very bored

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought the guy who played Dracula wasn't scary enough. I always though he was a creepy guy WTF?
Lexar
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was VERY disappointed. The storyline was really predictable and lame. The characters... especcially dracula, were just annoying. You can't make a movie stand on special effects alone. The original character van Helsing ownz this hollywood van Helsing. The original guy is called abraham, he's from amsterdam and hes an old professor. And what was all that about his dreams and being really old...? He isn't human? No explanation? And the horses that jumped the cliff? And the scene on the bridge when they throw the antidote... and even draculas biography was wrong. He is the son of dracul, named after his religious order of knights of the dragon. The only cool thing was the cow that got attacked by the vampirebride. Just imagine a vampirecow...
DG-sama

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too was a bit dissapointed by the movie... Some things were very unbelievable... such as the amount of full moons... what were there... like three or four? And the way it seemed the whole movie took place in about a week or a little more. And that chick... I think her name was Anna or something the amount of physical damage she sustained was incredible... I mean hardly a scene went by by when she wasn't slammed against the wall or thrown to the ground or someway being beaten up... Yet she didn't get any broken bones, and did her outfit even rip or get dirty at all? It looks like it would be quite uncomfortable to fight him. And did anyone else notice how long it took for the clock to strike midnight? Cause didn't they need to gewt the antidote to the guy before the clock finished ringing or something.. and from the time that it started to ring to the time that he got it was like ten minutes... o.O

And Dracula... I'm sorry but when I first saw him all I could think of was "Dude, Dracula is so gay" and his brides merely act as his penis.

I also agree with Lex in some points about Van's unexplained past. They kept hinting at it but never came to a proper stated conclusion. Mrar... prolly just wanted to leave enough unexplained to create a sequel or prequel even worse just to rake in the dollars.

There were good points though, the visuals were very nice. ^^

But seriosly it wasn't really worth the hype... Now I must go and purge my mind with a nice art film.

Well I'll stop my ranting now seeing as how I've aready offended a bunch of people... : P

God damn you signature WORK!
Lexar
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When they were going through the gadgets was completely stolen from james bond.

Why was frankensteins monster so important to dracula? How did it work? They didn't bother explaining that either.

Dracula without facial hair is ghey.

The vasali man who spent his entire life in the tower pondering on the secret of dracula never once pushed the wall revealing the secret picture that moved for no particular reason? And wtf! Werewolves are the key to defeating dracula?
VR_Jay
Very Oldbie

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the whole movie was fucked up. plain and simple. they spent their entire budget on special effects and didn't bother to hire a decent screen writer.

[color=black]"Your toast is burnt and no amount of scraping will remove the black stuff!" ~ Caboose, Red vs. Blue[/color]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> TV & Movies All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: