Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
For Those With Writers Block
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> General Writing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Orlando_Hamar
Very bored

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whenever I have writer's block, I just stop writing for the night and come back with something completely new.
Sometimes, it helps to watch movies, play games, read books...anything you can borrow some fragments of ideas from...just don't go overboard and start taking entire ideas. Sometimes, listening to music can unclog the block. You'd be suprised just how putting on a track that fits the mood can kill a block.
CaptiainIndianaSolo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of my blocks are because I don't want to write the next chapter or something.

Mainly I just want to be over with them and get on to my better ideas.

STUPID WRITERS BLOCKS!!!! Banghead

Idea Then again, I'm getting into a habit of starting a few stories at once, that way if I get a block for one, then I just go to the next story, and come back later.

[img]http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa313/keyblade_oblivion/org_pickle.gif[/img]
UrbanSamuraiDJ
Very bored

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

listening to nature seems to work well for me, i just sit under the stars one night with a notebook and a one of those old-timey lamps and go to town. sunset is also a good time to right, its just so inspiring.
khangel04
Still very bored

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

when i have writers block, i always start off with some sort of prologue (someone running away from something) then i go to bed and think about whats going to happen. then i usually dream about it.
SexySpoonsWillRuleUsAll
Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whenever I have writer's block, I do several different things;

1) Write through it. Often it's just me being over-dramatic, so I force out a paragraph or so, and then I'm back into the story and I go back and edit that awkward section.

2) Use the characters from that story to write something completely different, plotless and/or hilarious. This is my favourite one to do; it's good fun and helps you work on your characters.

3) If it's fanfiction, I'll work on an original story for a while. If it's an original, I switch to fanfiction.

4) Read [i]Yami no Matsuei[/i] mangas or random fanfiction. Other people's work can often make you want to out-do whoever it is, whether you admire them or think they need more work.

5) Dance around the house lip-syncing to songs I think relate to the story. I do the same thing as Naomi and compile songs like that Very Happy
yuai77
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This may sound weird, but I start an RP about my story alone or w/a friend.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> General Writing Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: