Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Character Madness!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> General Writing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VincentValentine13
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, not much I can say about this except I was curious about people's favorite RP characters! So, this is an open discussion on how you make a character when you join an RP. Also, tell your favorites and why, maybe even post one of your favorite scenes the character is in. Your favorite doesn't even have to be your character, so post away and tell me what you think! Now, this isn't limited to just RP character! I also would like to here about characters from your FanFictions, especially OC's. Just don't tear down other's characters, but instead give constructive criticism...that's always fun!

You Know You Love A French Prince!
dolphinprincess
Cold Warrior

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A topic where you can talk about characters? Super, totally yay dude! Gosh, I could talk about one character all day! Except, is this where you talk about your character, like their bio, interests, that kind of stuff? Or is it more like just talking about why you like that character, how you made them, or how you introduce them into a story or rp? If it includes bio too, then get ready, cause I'm going to be talking a lot.
Song: Seize the Day by Default
Anime: D.Gray Man
Anime character(s): Kanda
Video Game: Super Smash Brothers Brawl
Video Game character: Wolf O-Donnell from Star Fox Assault
OC: Ray Eclrida, copyright of me (duh!)
OC Quote: "No, he just keeps getting beaten in the head with his own stupidity."-Ray Eclrida
VincentValentine13
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it's for all that! You know, who you based it on, theme songs for said character, that kinda stuf! W00t!

You Know You Love A French Prince!
Nilitac_Tesgrah
Oldbie

Location: Glaring at Google SketchUp for shutting down automatically. Again.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miyama Shikari Tsegrah-Ashford, one that was once my muse, is sixteen. She is based after my mom somehow, and a little bit of the rest of my family. Miya is the only one who can cook, besides the others who can, and she loves to sing. She's great at acting, but she quit working at a theatre due to a problem involving prejudice about her family, the Ashfords, and it had gotten so bad that some of the male actors there had taken to kicking her once a rehearsal, and the girls always threw things at her.

*ahem*, I'm off track here... Anyways, a song that describes her has to be Iris by Goo Goo Dolls because she wants to stay with her loved ones until the day she dies, and she wants them to know who she really is but is too scared of being hated.

Um... *hits forehead* What else was there... Oh! She is in love with a close friend of hers, and they've been together for more than 2 years (RPG time, that is); they both understand what their signifigant other had to go through because both experienced something called 'Black-outs', where they didn't know what was happening and, techinally, went insane.

For Miya, it was from the T-Veronica virus (owned by Capcom); for her boyfriend, Lee Sheppard (not my character, he belongs to Miranda_ of the forum we're on), it was due to being a genetic experiment that involved mixing human genetics with wolf and Hunter (again, Capcom ownage) genes. He wasn't a finished experiment, so he was incompleted when he ran away from the lab. He was on the streets for a few months, going past his fourteenth birthday, and he met up with my character's crazy aunt Alexia (need I say it again? x. . . .) who was posing as her at the time.

When Lee was given an antidote that mostly changed him back, though let him keep his ears and wolf teeth as well as black hair and gray eyes, the real Miya killed Alexia (who was actually a clone of the real one, we later found out).

Alexia/Miya had had the look of a nine-year-old blond-haired and blue-eyed girl. The real Miya used to look like that, but due to the virus and being in cryogenic storage for nine+ years changed her appearance from straight blond to wavy black hair and blue eyes to green. She used to be pale, but now she's naturally tannish. Her ears are pierced three (later four) times in each ear: three on the curve of the outer ear and a hoop in the earlobe for both ears. Originally, it was two and a hoop, but she later got both ears pierced again.

She has a prosthetic lower left leg, starting about an inch below the bottom of her knee. She had that part of her leg amputated due to severe burns that couldn't be classified as third degree.

She wears just about any colors except bright pinks, dark pinks (she only likes pastel pink), yellows, oranges, and certain shades of green.

She's a quiet person, but get her angry and she WILL kill you. o_o She did that to a Tyrant once.

~~

This post is long...

~~

Georgina "Georgie" Tsegrah-Ashford is next, but not right now. My hand hurts.

Everytime a n00b does something stupid - spams, harasses, refuses to read the rules - I hit my head on the desk. Please dun mack my poor noggin suffer drain bamage.
dolphinprincess
Cold Warrior

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goodie, goodie! I'm gonna talk about Ray, my longest kept (more than a year now) oc.

[b]When/Why I created Ray[/b]

Me and my siblings were really into Legend of Zelda. We had Orcarina of Time and constantly played it. We each had a character that we pretended to be as when we played (my character was a kid named Kid). On July 22nd, 2004, we decided to each make another character to play as. So, we got to work, thinking and drawing. My siblings got done earlier than me, and my brother began playing Orcarina. I was watching them, and still working. A short while later, I was finished. The picture was of a 15 yr old Gerudo male, with long black hair and blue eyes. He wore a purple sleeveless shirt (with v-neck), purple pants, black gloves, a black band around his neck, a hooped earring and a flat purple cap. He had two broad swords, which hung from a belt. He also had a hookshot. The last thing I needed was a name, but I was stumped. So I showed my siblings the drawing, and after some thinking (which only took about a minute), they said Ray.

And that is how Ray was born.

[b]Changes throughout the year and more[/b]
P=Past, F=Future
Appearance:(P)Blue eyes. Eyes were big Looked to be around 5+ height. Tan skin. Clothing was G-rated. Had three bangs of hair in front of eyes. Ears were less than 1 foot. (F)Right eye is green, left eye is blue. Eyes are smaller. Is 6'4" in height. Tan skin still (but slightly darker). Clothing is now more PG-13 rated ( Laughing ). Body is thinner. Now only has one large bang of hair between eyes. Hair is longer. Face is more pointed at chin. Nose is longer and bigger. Can now be more reconizable as a male and not a female (hopefully). Looks more mature, and way more sexier (another Laughing ).
Race:(P)Gerudo), (F)Elf

[b]Personality of the present Ray[/b]
When I created Ray, he was simply a Gerudo thief who liked to fight, flirt, and had a big attitude. He liked to shut others down most of the time. Ray's still like that now, but only ten times bigger (He's also an elf now, not a Gerudo). Slicing demons and monsters in half was something Ray did of boredom. He puts the moves on every women he sees, and even persuases them to bed with him (how bad Surprised ). He also likes to mock, annoy and bug his twin sister Luna constantly.

At an early age, Ray and Luna had lost their parents to a horde of demons ( the leader of the demons just happened to be an ansestor of Shing, another one of my characters). Ray was very close to his mother. Ever since they died, the two siblings grew further and further apart as family. One day, Ray got so made at his sister that he packed up his belongings and left. Before leaving however, Ray reached out to pick up a picture of their family. Luna also grabbed the picture, and the two fought over it. The frame slipped out of their hands, fell to the floor and broke. They stood there for a moment, then Ray left, slamming the door hard behind him.

While on the road, Ray had no choice but to resort to thievery, which he had a talent for. He also had a talent for disguises, and used this as an advantage to not getting caught. Ray had a pretty good streak of not getting caught.

However, one night ended that. The elf had snuck into a small house which consisted of a father and his daughter. The two were asleep. Ray found his way into the daughter's room, and stole a pearl necklace from a case off the table. After looking over the necklace, he made his way into the kitchen. The father had by now woken up, and had spotted Ray in the kitchen. Ray, staying calm, dodged the man's attempts at attacking him, and slid behind him. The thief pulled out a dagger from his belt and slit the man's throat. The daughter had now woken up, and witnessed the murder. She grabbed a knife from off the kitchen table, and held it poised at stabbing Ray in the back. Ray felt a slight tension in the air, and spun around to face the girl. The girl, at the same time, went in for the attack. The knife, instead of the back, found its way into Ray's right eye. Ray fell to the ground, screaming and cursing, and yanked the knife out of his eye, now a bloody mass. Furious, he knocked the girl to the ground and rapped her. Some time later, Ray found a healer, and asked for his eye to be healed. The potion for the eye, however, backfired, and Ray's right eye was now the color green, not its original color blue.

[b]How Ray gets along with my other 7 characters[/b]
[i]Ray/Hikari[/i]: Ray gets annoyed of Hikari most of the time, especially when they first meet. He can't swear or do anything inappropriate near her, or else he gets a big rock to the head (from the dreaded slingshot). Other times, Ray can tolerate Hikari, to an extent.
[i]Ray/Luna[/i]: These two get on eachother's nerves all the time!! Whenever Luna says something intelllectual, Ray goes behind her back and begins mocking her. The two have very different ways of fighting and battle techniques. And then there are those rare moments when Ray and Luna get along with eachother and apologize for what they've done.
[i]Ray/Arrow[/i]: I can't say much about this since the two don't often talk to eachother. However, Ray does often give Arrow advice on women and how to 'charm' them (Arrow's pathetic at getting girls).
[i]Ray/Taiki[/i]: Again, don't quite know what to say here. Ray gives advice to Taiki too, but Taiki ignores whatever he says. Taiki hates Ray, and even tries to murder Ray in his sleep (because of a dream he had).
[i]Ray/Shing[/i]: These two hate eachother of course. From the very beginning when I first created Shing, they have always hated eachother.
[i]Ray/Shino[/i]: At first Shino doesn't mind Ray. She's scared of his demon side (while he has the hots for her). There is also an incident where Ray kidnaps Shino, and nearly rapes her, all to make Shing squirm. After this, Shino is too terrified to go near Ray, even after he changes for the better.
[i]Ray/Lily[/i]: After Ray saves Lily and Kitty from a demon, Lily automatically thinks Ray is her father, which he isn't. She constantly sits on top of his head and shoulder, pulls at his hair and ears, and keeps calling him Daddy. At first Ray is deeply annoyed of her, and keeps chucking her into the air. He saves her on a daily basis, but claims that he only protects Lily is because if he didn't, everyone would hate him. However as the characters progress on their journey, Ray develops feelings for Lily, until at last he adopts her as his own.

Continue later.
Song: Seize the Day by Default
Anime: D.Gray Man
Anime character(s): Kanda
Video Game: Super Smash Brothers Brawl
Video Game character: Wolf O-Donnell from Star Fox Assault
OC: Ray Eclrida, copyright of me (duh!)
OC Quote: "No, he just keeps getting beaten in the head with his own stupidity."-Ray Eclrida
theWriter
Very Oldbie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a few characters that I really like/d. Rp was, my favorites probably are:

Lex: DNA

David: DNA

Ravi: Demonic Lies

Oliver: Dust and Ashes

Lex was my first ever RP character and was a gov't experiment on the run. Had Avian DNA which have blessed (and cursed) her with wings, heightened senses, and a bullseye stamped literally stamped on her back by the people who created her. I don't know why...but I enjoyed RPing with her. She was smart, fast, and generally thought on her feet but was also stubborn and paranoid, and had some "Odysseus" moments where she thought that she had to "save the day".It didn't always fair well for her, in fact, it usually proved quite stupid and bullheaded. The first part of the RP was her thinking that she HAD to save another experiment from running into a trap...and it almost cost her her life. I'd go into physical description but that really isn't something I'm into, so I'll move on.

David was on the opposite side of DNA, working for a
"private company" hired to track down and bring back, alive, all the experiments that had escaped. His protege was Caley (created by Dark_Enigma [Yelena]), and they were literally like father and daughter. After the fiasco in which Lex and the girl she was trying to save slipped through one of the ambushes in an apartment buidling, David began to get a nasty feeling that something was going wrong. And it did. In a later attack, Lex and Caley came face to face and Lex, knowing that it would officially make Caley a target, told her all the truth about the experimentation and why she had wings. Afterwards, Caley captured her and the girl and, by change of heart, broke them out, whereupon they all fled. During this time David tried to communicate with Caley and know what was going on. It was pretty good...before the entire thing got abandoned.

Ravi is basically self explanatory. He's a 19 year old pickpocket on the streets of our fair lady New York City, and in one peculiar lift he actually pickpockets from an angel, who completely has no idea what happened to her. Later, he finds out that the bracelets he lifted off her were worth nothing, and by coincidence they run into each other again, and the poor bastard gets thrown into a fight between demons and angels....not to mention a talking ferret.

Oliver..One of my weird characters, just because I don't quite know what to do with him. He works for the government and is one of the best in the agency. He has some disagreements with his employer, but knows that the job he has gives him so much more immunity than anything else, so he sticks with it...going as so far to kill a woman in interrogation without much of glance--even after she gives him the information he needs. I'm considering making Oliver turn sides, but I don't know...it would ruin some of "da man" traits in him.

I have favorite girl characters...but there's so many I don't know where to start or end, so I'll just wait until posting later. Sad
[color=red][url=http://www.fanart-central.net/user-theWriter.php]What[/url] [url=http://untitledroadway.deviantart.com/] does[/url] [url=http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1015309/] it all[/url] [url=http://www.fictionpress.com/~thetwilightpen] MEAN?[/url][/color]
Fade
Has No Life

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey! I've read the story Oliver's in "Dust and Ashes" right? and yeah he is weird WTF?.

As for my Characters... I don't really post my stories that often but...

[u]Characters from RPs[/u]

[b]Altair:[/b] He was created for "Genetic Disorder". I've tried to keep him somewhat a secret, but this is what is known about him; He's of African ethnicity but has white hair (likely due to being geneticly fused with a Bald Eagle), is around 11 years old. Both his parents are ornithologists. His eyes are now yellow (were brown). Was homeschooled and is smarter than the average kid his age. Suddenly I notice the resemblance to Megan's charaster Lex... which is odd considering I didn't know about her until today...

Then there's also Jordan, but she's still a work in progress.

[u]POSTED Original characters[/u]

[b]Merachi:[/b] She's the main character in my only posted fic, "Ancient Mystics". She may seem like the kind of person who easily spills secrets, but that's not even CLOCE to the truth. It's extremely rare for her not to be grinning. She finds fights amusing and could be considered a "Demitasse" -- meaning that she's REALLY tiny but she's full of energy. Considering that her story is an X-men evo fic I ought to mention her powers, One: forcefeilds, she gotten so good at using the that they don't necessarily have to be spherical and defensive. Two: shapeshifting, there's enough restraints on the power that she usually avoids it. Three: anti-healing, which is basically the opposite of healing.

That's about it What d'ya think?
theWriter
Very Oldbie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Merachi, though it kinda reminds me of "marachi bands" and those things freak the s**t out of me. WTF?

[quote]Hey! I've read the story Oliver's in "Dust and Ashes" right? and yeah he is weird [/quote]

Mm-hmmm. He is. Strange little guy, I can tell ya. Still trying to figure out what I want to do with him.

ORIGINAL CHARACTERS:

[b]Mia[/b] She's from my story "Eyes". Basically when she was seven, her older brother of nine years went down with her to the neighborhood pool--it wasn't too far away from the house, so her parents did think much of it. Well, a storm came in, and then--Mia blacked out. When she came to, she had blood all over her head and apparently had been thrown in the pool, left to drown. And she almost did. Her brother? He was gone. After the incident Mia went blind--called "conversion hysteria" . She's been blind for a decade and only recently has come out of it, and now wants to find her brother. Haven't decided what I want her to look like. She's wry and kinda bitter--I mean, given she hasn't been able to see a good decade of her life might help that bitterness. She loves her family and looks up to her older brother Jake, but constantly has nightmares about her other older brother who went missing from the pool. She bickers with her (also older) sister Nicole, but generally loves her family...even if she doesn't agree with them.

[b]Janay[/b] My most recent creation and by far my favorite. She's a rough Londoner and sells drugs on the street. She recognizes that she's in a position where people think she's a piece of s**t that should drop dead, but it's not stopping her, because the only reason she's out there dealing it because it's the only way to get to a certain someone. A couple of years beforehand she had been a lead criminal prosecutor in the court, and was highly respected. Well, one day driving along with her mum, they came to a stop sign and basically there was a hit and run. Janay's mom completely died--shot six times, there was no chance she could survive. Janay, however, lived through the ordeal and decided to catch the bastard who killed her mom. The only way to do this, however, is to become a dealer because the man who killed her mom--Drew--is a high up crime lord, and he always keeps his eye open for potential employees--i.e. Janay. Do you see where I'm going with this? She's of average height and has horn-rimmed black glasses. Small nose, sharp brown eyes that don't miss a beat, and relatively long black hair, usually held back in a bun. I love Janay. I can't wait to continue with her.

I have others but I'll wait. Sad

[color=red][url=http://www.fanart-central.net/user-theWriter.php]What[/url] [url=http://untitledroadway.deviantart.com/] does[/url] [url=http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1015309/] it all[/url] [url=http://www.fictionpress.com/~thetwilightpen] MEAN?[/url][/color]
Fade
Has No Life

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uh... you spelled "Marachi bands" wrong, it's "Mariachi". The only reason that's her name is cause she's a genetic chimera (Having muliple sets of DNA), so I ended up being lazy and switching the "chi" and "mera" parts around. Oh! And her being a genetic chimera is the reason why she has multiple powers.

And Janay's cool thumbs up on her Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> General Writing Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: