Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Your First Anime Love
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Anime & Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DG-sama

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know there's been similar topics about this before, about first animes and such. But that's not what I want to know. What anime series was it that you truelly loved first. It's not always the first one you've seen, but the one that really caused you to become a fan of anime in general.

For me it was Slayers.

God damn you signature WORK!
maridah

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gundam Wing...I loved it. Not the first anime I watched, but one that really made me realize anime had some better stuff than Sailor Moon (no offense to fans...)
It had interesting characters and political messages. It spurred me to make my first website (for 1xR ^__^) and fan art which got me into lots of other things. That was my 'first love' and I do still love it!
ChibiJaime
Rookie

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most definitely Slayers. It got me hooked from day one.
Ito6
Very bored

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trigun, it's what truley got me on anime not on the TV (I know Trigun's on now, but this was a while ago)
demonshadow
Very bored

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like wolfs rain.........
Zeke_hieis_girl
Very bored

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hehe i was watching T.V one day and YYH came on! LOL yeah i was adicted to it the first day LOL i am like the worst person to ask about braking obsesion LOL
:wacko: dont save me from my obsession on YYH WTF? uhuh you guessed it i am insaine! Laughing
grace91390
Newb

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[FONT=Arial]Oh gosh :wub: I love them all! That's why I picked all Razz

Does anyone know where I can find scans of the doujinshi?!?! ((Look down))
layzcarter
I used to work here

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was 12... and I have no idea how I came upon it. But Sailor Moon was my first anime love. Smile I was obsessed. I would tape each episode and if I didn't have any VHS tapes left I would audio record the episode. I remember crying during the episode where Usagi/Serena and the others take a glimpse into the past where Usagi dies .. and you know the rest. Also when she finds out she's the 'moon princess'... One of my friends would watch the show too.. but she made fun of it so much. And made fun of me for liking it. I didn't care Smile Any time I had money I would buy sailor moon everything... of course it was all DIC cuz that is all I knew at the time. So I had the sailor moon dolls, wands, lockets, little figures, chibi figures, stickers, posters and so on. Sailor Moon is what got me interested in drawing. I tried so hard to draw her when I was younger... and I had kept my one drawing from when I was 12.. but lost it a year ago.

When I was 17 I started buying wallscrolls and vcds of the episodes DIC hadn't covered. The only thing I really still have out in the open though is my sailor moon alarm clock.... I still draw sailor moon though Smile
Celtic_Guardian_Gurl
Very bored

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first anime I ever watched was Sailor Moon. Only, I didn't know it was an anime. I'd go online to look for MP3's, and I'd be like "why are all these songs in Japanese?" Lo and behond, I discovered about two years later what anime was. Second obsession was Inu Yasha, all thanks to my bestest friend ~_^ But Sailor Moon was first, even though it irritates me to no end these days.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kiyiya
Very bored

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Inuyasha was mine...Or Rurouni Kenshin...One of those! WTF? Eh, yeah. I just randomly changed the channel and there it was! ^_^
Remko
Very bored

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My very very first was Salior Moon, I guess...except I was crazy for it, I just watched it every morining with my dad.

My second anime love was Pokemon. XD Hey, I was in fourth grade....

A year later it was Tenchi. I was head over heels for Tenchi....I would skip violin lessons to watch it, for god's sake...Tenchi was all I thought of for three years....

....and that was the last one...I'm not really anime crazy anymore....
shaku

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the first anime i liked was sailor moon when i was 8 .....i didnt even know what anime meant then..lol
iamem0tionless
How can I get a custom title thing?

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first was either Totoro or Sailormoon, I can't remember which. I remember my mom bringing home Totoro one day and me falling in love with it. As for Sailormoon, I thought the fighting and stuff was cool Smile After that, I got into Dragon Ball Z (typical, eh?) followed by whatever anime came on cartoon network. I really started to love anime after watching the action channel, where I saw some police anime, Gunsmith Cats, Bubblegum Crisis (both), and, my all time favorite, Blue Seed. Ever since then, I've loved anime Smile Sailor moon was my first manga, too. I think it's the art that makes me love anime and manga. So pretty <3
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Nessian
Rookie

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my first one true love was sailor moon...I think I was about elevent??!!! i used to tape all the shows whitout comercials...they would be like three or four hours long and when i got bored i would watch them on and on and on....I started my series whit the sailor moon s series....my fav episode was the one when uranus and neptune die'd couz they had the legendary items...or something

now that I'm seventeen....I don't watch it...mostly cuz it play's while i'm in school...but now my love is COWBOY BEBOP....mostly for ED.....could you guest?
ReikkiMerru

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh My Goddess. It was the first anime that ever sparked my interests. The artwork, plot, characters were all superbly made. I tend to gravitate towards romance stories where the girl happens to love the guy rather than vice versa. Also, Belldandy is one of my favorite anime characters.
Silver_Warrior
Newb

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine would have to have been Sailor Moon I was hooked right away. Smile I would tape every episode, I still have them all. I could never record over them lol. Laughing Then as soon as Gundam Wing started I fell in love with that show. :wub: To this day that is still my favorite show. I showed my best friend some of the shows I recorded, she was also totally hooked on them. If it wasn't for those shows I'm might not have gotten into anime. Now that would have sucked.
flaming_weasel
Very bored

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I got hooked on Escaflowne when it was briefly showed on Fox. Of course, I had no idea how drastically they'd edited it, but it was enough. That got me into the whole mech genre, which led to the vast entity that is Gundam.

Technically, the first anime that I [i]loved[/i] were Transformers (yet another mech show) and Rainbow Brite, but I didn't know they were anime at the time, so they don't really count.
pi3ces_oF_mE
Newb

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was like...8 or 9...I got home from school and flipped it to CN...they were showing Tenchi Muyo ^^;; I actually still like that anime. But that was the first. From then on; obsessed.

Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Celestial
Newb

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine was Dragon Ball Z......Me an my sister taped it from the Ginyu and Frezia, all the way up to the Buu saga....next came Sailor Moon. We did the same thing with it... ^_^
hikarichaos14
Newb

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fell in love with Vampire Hunter D (absolutely rocks Very Happy ) shortly followed by Sailor Moon, after that my whole existance has been surrounded by anime and manga. Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Anime & Manga All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 1 of 14

Jump to: