Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Mac Or Windows
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Computer Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
freezingfire911
Newb

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not know whether do buy a Mac or PC. Do you have any advice?
grimfairy
Still very bored

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you want to do with it?

It hardly matters nowadays which you get because most things are released for PC and Mac. I like PCs but it really doesn't matter. They basically do the same thing.
xXbrokenheartXx

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't really care which one but if i had to pick it would be PC
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Fayore

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Macs are more user friendly, but PC you can upgrade/screw around with really easily. :]

I prefer PC, myself.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Zekk
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PC with XANDROS copriot edition. PC's are much more vercitil.
Smexykage-sama

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mac's are more stabilized in comparisation to PC's. They are less sensitive for virusses and spyware, and they don't jam often or give critical errors.

Problem with Mac is probably the fact that a lot of things are mostly compatible with pc, so you have to update regularly to make the new things (i.e. codecs, programmes) work on an Apple too.

Mac's are more expensive, as well as in repair as in purchase. And they are a little slower than PC's.

As it comes to graphic designing, photoshopping and other creative computerstuff, I prefer Mac over a PC anytime!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
freezingfire911
Newb

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, thanks guys. I don't really know what I was going to use it for, so...I guess I'll wait until I know.
Mountain_Dewroo
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, There is a third OS. And it's free. It's called: Linux. Look for it on google.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
grimfairy
Still very bored

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm fairly certain they're looking for more than just an OS. They still need the hardware to put Linux on if that was what they wanted to use. ^^;
Mountain_Dewroo
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linux can run on amost anything.
grimfairy
Still very bored

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, but they need to pick what hardware they want to buy first before they install linux. XD
ErdeKaiser
Forum Scalleywag

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Windows!!!!!
boardin99

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

most mac pcs look better but if you want something for what it does its windows. you cant get as much stuff for mac.
LunaticCrow
Elder In Training

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends on what you want to do with it. If you just download anime/Listen to MP3s on your computer, get a decent PC. If you run alot of art programs and things of that sort, Mac is more within reason. Also, Mac hardware and software is is all produced within the apple company if I'm not mistaken, so you don't have to worry about nasty incompatiblity issues or bootlegged programs messing everything up.

:B

infurno
How can I get a custom title thing?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PC

macs are only good for
paperweights
and Picture movie related stuff.
but even then the PC is getting better at doning those 2
SpiritWolf77
Newb

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote] Mac's are more stabilized in comparisation to PC's. They are less sensitive for virusses and spyware, and they don't jam often or give critical errors.

Problem with Mac is probably the fact that a lot of things are mostly compatible with pc, so you have to update regularly to make the new things (i.e. codecs, programmes) work on an Apple too.

Mac's are more expensive, as well as in repair as in purchase. And they are a little slower than PC's.

As it comes to graphic designing, photoshopping and other creative computerstuff, I prefer Mac over a PC anytime! [/quote]
Actually no, Macs are not "less sensitive for viruses and spyware." They are less prone to getting viruses simply because in the past, most virus programmers targeted PCs. PCs were the more frequently-used home computer so obviously it'd make more sense to program for those. Of course as Macs become more popular, more viruses are being made for them. A Mac that gets one virus is in just as much trouble as a PC that gets one virus. Any computer user should have anti-virus and anti-spyware software. Also, as someone who has had a lot of experience with both, I can garuntee you a Mac is just as likely to crash frequently. They only get the reputation of being "more stable" due to the misconception about viruses (which I just explained) and because it's more difficult for the user to mess with the settings and screw things up. They're more user-friendly.

Also, the "Macs are better for Photoshop" thing is a myth. Used to be the case many years ago but I've yet to be provided with any proof/example as to why Photoshop runs better on an up-to-date Mac than on a PC with the same specs. I've been doing digital art on a PC since 1998 and I've also done plenty of digital art on Macs...I have yet to see what makes a Mac the superior graphics computer.

I personally prefer PCs because that's what I was raised with. I feel limited in what I can do with a Mac because of the "user friendliness."

My view is, use what you're more comfortable with. Use what you're used to. In the digital art field, both are equally capable.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mountain_Dewroo
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use both. Mac, And windows. Heck, I use linux too. I Love all operating systems!
Kitzy
Super Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote]I have yet to see what makes a Mac the superior graphics computer.
[/quote]

It's because the mac's pixels are rounded, making images seem smoother on the mac. My friend learned that in her Graphic Communications course.

Macs are better imo, but only if you like doing editing with video and images (which I really like!). If you just want to play a bunch of games and stuff, PC is a good choice. I was going to buy a mac, but I didn't because I wanted to play certain games only available on PC.

The mac I have is about 6 or 7 years old, and runs better than my friend's PC with windows 2000.
angelocnj

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say both because both are awesome and easy to joke around.

Sasuke and Sakura
Kakashi and Kurenai
Shikamaru and Ino
Naruto and Hinata
Sasuke and OC
shadowprower
Newb

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 4:31 am    Post subject: get a mac Reply with quote

i'd get a macintosh because they go faster and dont get virises 8) and have cool movie editing stuff
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Computer Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: