Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Your Most Emotional Moment In A Game
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Video games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ReikkiMerru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="ZeroHourLP (Leo)"] I was playing Legend of Dragoon for about four hours straight one day. Just progressing through the storyline and leveling up. The light went out in my house and I hadn't saved my game. I stared at the television for a while and didn't eat much that day. [/quote]
Holy butts****! Man, I feel for you.

There should be more games that utilize auto-save options like most PC games.
Mew-Mint
Forum contributor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The happiest part in a game would have to when Aeris died in FFVII, I hated her so much and she was annoying. and the saddest part of a game ive played would have to be...errr.. i forget if i have cried from a sad part in a game yet XD how lame of me!
Stratadrake
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote]There should be more games that utilize auto-save options like most PC games.[/quote]

Auto-save systems can be abused though. The FF Origins pack, for example, you can make a temp-save anywhere, but that seems to reduce the overall difficulty level (e.g. saving right before a boss just in case you get defeated).

Auto-saves are also risky because if the power goes out right in the middle of an auto-save operation, this can actually screw your savegame just as if you'd shut the power off yourself.

In fact, the whole issue of turning the power on and off could be solved very easily if developers used one simple thing: temp files. Basically, you have two save files (let's call them A and Cool and whenever you save, the game alternates between them. That way if there's ANY problem while saving the game, there'll still be a backup save file intact and undamaged.

This could probably be done even within the space of a single savegame file. Basically, divide the savegame file into two sections and whenever the game saves data, it alternates which section of the file it saves to -- that way there's a backup saved game in case problems occur while saving.

Then the worst that can happen if the power goes out is that your game is not saved, rather than your save file being potentially destroyed.

And absolutely NOTHING can be more annoying than seeing 70+ hours of game play go straight into the bit bucket because some glitched rendered your saved game FUBAR.
Strata here: [url=http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/242293]Nanowrimo[/url] - [url=www.fanart-central.net/user-Stratadrake.php]FAC[/url] - [url=http://stratadrake.deviantart.com]dA[/url] - [url=www.furaffinity.net/user/Stratadrake/]FA[/url]
[size=9]Disclaimer: Posts may contain URLs. Click [url=http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TVTropesWillRuinYourLife]at your own risk.[/url][/size]
ReikkiMerru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Stratadrake ()"] Auto-save systems can be abused though. The FF Origins pack, for example, you can make a temp-save anywhere, but that seems to reduce the overall difficulty level (e.g. saving right before a boss just in case you get defeated).

[/quote]
Yeah that's true to a certain extent, but it gets tedious when, say, you die the 7th time and you have to go through all those enemies again before you get to the boss. I don't want to do that. But I don't know, that's just me.
kurai_rakuen
Newb

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think my saddest video game moment that I can remember was when Gremio died in Gensou Suikoden I. It ripped my heart out.

There was this other moment in Metal Gear Solid when you first meet Otacon and he asks Snake if he was an Otaku too. I wouldn't say that I felt insanely happy, but I did feel a strange urge to hug that man (if he hadn't wet himself moments before) and yell. "So am I!" It was a weird moment.
Meredianna
Has No Life

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I havent played many games but-----
My sad moment #1: i never cried for a game charecter.. but i did when aeris died
( from FF7 )

My sad moment #2: yea, when nanami died in suikoden 2 it was kind of sad ..Yep ( From suikoden 2 )

My happy moment #1: the ending of lunar , it was veryyyy sweeeet and touching i luff it .. ( From Lunar :silver star story )

My happy moment #2: the ending of KINGDOM HEARTS .. man how it touched my heart.....lol .. especially when it came to cloud and aeris .. i dont want to spoil Wink
wink wink ........
Zeke_hieis_girl
Very bored

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

umm lets see..........i think it was in majora's mask i dunno why but i really like Zora's and when miku or what ever his name was i havnt played the game in ages but when he died i think that was the only time in my whole life i cried...

oh and also when i was playing the game...it was a sesame street game i was so disapointed but then i almost attacked the NES when my controler stopped working so i lost a 5 year old game...i was so angry....
LightningAurora
Still very bored

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every Legend of Zelda game I've ever played has struck me in some way emotionally. The ending of Ocarina of Time made me feel both happy and sad - happy in that I'd just completed a legendary game, sad because Link and Zelda have to say goodbye (yeah, I know, I'm sad..) I agree the bit where Mikau dies in Majoras mask in sad, too. But most games that are good affect you emotionally in some way.
Nova_Eclipse
Has No Life

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the whole ending of Kingdom hearts made me cry, i got alot of grief because (according to my friends at least) guys arnt meant to cry. I can still bear to watch the ending but as soon as Uada Hikarus song simple and clean come on I know I wont be able to handle it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Shezara

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Nova_Eclipse (Zeo Rain)"] the whole ending of Kingdom hearts made me cry, i got alot of grief because (according to my friends at least) guys arnt meant to cry. I can still bear to watch the ending but as soon as Uada Hikarus song simple and clean come on I know I wont be able to handle it. [/quote]
Really, what happens at the end? I don't have the right game consol for Kingdom Hearts" so I'm probably never gonna get to play it.
By the way, my most emotional part was in Golden Sun (the first one) when Saturos died. He was my favorite villian!
Myst
Very bored

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When Yuna sang in the Thunderplains in FFX-2 I got goosebumps. . .
Giga_Death
Newb

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This may seem cheesy and lame but I kinda almost shed a tear when Leo DiCap told whatshername he loves her and died on Code Veronica - the video can be found here: http://www.residentevilfan.com/recv/multimedia.asp

Scroll down to:

"
Death O' Steve Burnside
Steve Dicaprio in his Tyrant form meets his doom
"

Razz
Kilala813
Newb

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm...I cried at the end of Chrono Cross because I worked so DANG HARD to get there and then I got a crappy ending. I'll never play it again. (stupid rip-off)

And then I cried at that part in FFX when Tidus and Yuna were in the water makin' out. (TIDUS IS MINE YOU TRAMP!) And then at the end when all MY precious Aeons had to leave me. THen I cried once more when Aeon left and then Tidus fought Jackt and *sob* I.....can't....go.....on....

I thought the Good Ending of FFX-2 was patheticly romantic. It was so gut-wrenching. Disgusting. But the part with Shuin and Lenne was sooo sad...BUt it was originally Shuin's fault....

The first couple of times I watched the Kingdom Hearts ending, I cried. Then after a while I kinda thought, what is Sora's problem? Leavin' his woman like that. If that were me...he just don't know....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nova_Eclipse
Has No Life

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im probably missing the point but in most game endings that ive seen it never works out how you think, tidus jumping off the airship into the sky, sora leaving kiari alone on destiny island, it might just be me but that doesnt really seem like a happy ending
VenusGoddessofLove2132
Newb

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This could take a while:

Legend of Dragoon:
Lavitz was killed
The ending -No Spoilers-

Final Fantasy:

7: Aeris dies, I think this was where I was crying A: Whenever someone said her name. B: Whenever I saw her in Kingdom Hearts (and wondering how she was revived)

10: Yuna tells Tidus she loves him and he just jumps off. Yuna's speech.

10-2: Yuna's dream. Lenne and Shuyin are actually shot. Losing sphere break against Shinra every time. :angry:

KH: Sora killing himself to save Kairi. The Ending -No Spoilers- The event was what made me cry...the song made it worse
born2bequeen

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if I ever cried during a game ,but because of my girly instincts some part in Zelda:OoT freak me out! Like in the Forest Temple the stupid flormaster scares the living s**t out of me, I thought it was safe ,but the stupid thing grabbed me and to me back to the begining. And I hate boss and enemy music. I don't like when Stalfoes and cows(stalchilds) attack.

And I always have to have something to drink as I play my game. So while I'm waiting for Ganon to appear I take a drink. then Gaondork transforms and I usually spit it out or it goes out my nose because I'm laughing to hard to swallow! Lol! Laughing
ragingflea002
Oldbie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My most emotional moment was when I was playing Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 and I was doing this major huge trick with over 50,000,000 points tallied up(codes) and a thunderstorm knocked out our power. I sat in silence for 1 hour before the power came back.

My PS2 hasn't been played for a year.
Kilala813
Newb

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aww...that's soo sad...Well my lil' cousin came over when I was playing through my first Kingdom Hearts and I was around the part where you're confroting Ansem and then my mom MADE me give him the controller...2 seconds later I was in Destiny Island's and Sora had like 50 HP. I was SOOO depressed. So instead of replaying ALL of the game, I cheated and read what happened then watched the ending on the net. That was the PS2. Grr!

On the XBOX, THAT SAME DAY. Since I was depressed I wasn't really watching my cousin and so he freakin' BREAKS my Dynasty and Samurai Warriors, my Blinx(didn't play that anyways), ALL of my DOA games, and THE BLOODY SECOND PLAYER CONTROLLER. HE IS A DEVIL CHILD I SWEAR PURE EVIL!!!! Grr!

The only game console I've played since is my Nintendo Entertainment System(NES). I don't even play the DREAMCAST I'm so afraid that little monster will destroy it.....
Nyah
Very bored

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely Kingdom Hearts. The ending more than Sora's sacrifice. The music and the stuff with the door I was almost in tears it's like where's the happily ever after.

Aeris Death in FF7 I worked hard on her and actually liked her then she goes and dies but when Cloud put her in the water I almost cried.

This is really stupid now but in FF9 when Mog revealed herself and left Aiko all the stuff about I wanted to protect you etc made me almost cry then afterwards I was like WTF.

Jin Kazama's ending in Tekken 4 it's so beautiful I was really moved by it.

When Steve died in Resi CVX because I liked him T__T true he was a pain at times but no1s perfect.

[i]Most annoying tear your hair out games[/i]

Almost every boss battle in Vagrant Story especially those goddamn phantoms

Chaos Legion I don't like it because its monster after monster never ending chain of monsters >____<

Soul Reaver 2 I'm really bad at solving puzzles and that has loads of them. Also I love FMVs but SR has too much and each lasts like 30 mins.

Resi CVX-too friggin hard and all the monsters are introduced with CG movies making them not scary. that battle with the tyrant in the plane was the worst though and Alfred dressing up as his sister was funny but also freaky.

Virtua Fighter 4 don't know about you but Akira gave me real problems all the opponents were easy then I got to him and got my ass kicked badly.

Adel in FF8 who i'm still stuck on to this very day >O

Seymour On mt gagazet-FF10 yeah now this battle was hard for me it was that cross cleave that finished my party

Yunalesca-FF10 not really hard just bloody annoying you're like you should be dead by now.

Dark Riku-KH some ppl find him easy others find him hard. I swear I was crying in rage with this battle.

[i]Other stuff[/i]

Getting all the way to the end of the world in Kingdom Hearts and the finding out your younger sister has overwrote your game data

losing all your FF8 data because your memory card got corrupted.

Shadow Of Memories one of the endings I shouldn't laugh but I can't help it you go through everything to save yourself being murdered and when you finally stop your murderer by going back in time etc Eike goes on about how beautiful life is and how to make the most of it then he gets ran over by a car XD; Oh I should be angry but I found it funny.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
amerowolf
How can I get a custom title thing?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yunalesca, seymour, and adel were all easy for me. the boss i have had the most problems with is ultimecia. the last boss in ff8. i still have not beat the game because of her, but i do try to beat her every now and agian.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Video games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: