Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Shrek
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> TV & Movies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rosela_Dragon
Very bored

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate Shrek I mean what in the world do these people think they will have in life with this movie? Who else hates Shrek or if they will..likes it? I just hate saying Shrek with like...oh well give your reasons here!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Celtic_Guardian_Gurl
Very bored

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I love Shrek. It's a hilarious movie, and I can't wait to see the second. I respect your opinion, but it's probably one of my top ten favorite movies ^___^
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Rosela_Dragon
Very bored

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please prace tell why?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
fallenangel
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meh, it was ok. I've only seen the first one when the good Christian family next door loaned it to us saying "You have to see this!". I didn't find it overly funny. Cute, I suppose, but nothing laugh your ass off great. I dunno, maybe because all the parody is so blatant and obvious. Yeah, funny, but it got excessive. It had its moments. Doubt it's something I'll watch again and nothing I'll pay to go see.
Celtic_Guardian_Gurl
Very bored

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For one thing, it's really funny, there is no excessive swearing and violence, and the animation is excellent as far as I'm concerned. That and you don't have to think too much while watching it without missing anything. I tend to wander off and miss a couple of minutes every now and then, and I like not having to worry about missing anything important to the plot. I sound like a movie critic >.o In all honestly, I just like it.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
iamem0tionless
How can I get a custom title thing?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first one was alright, I didn't like it much. My cousins were obsessed with it, though. They knew EVERY single line in the movie O.o

I saw the second one. That movie was WAY better than the first. It had me cracking up through the whole thing Razz Puss-in-boots, the cat, was the cutest little dude ever. You may not like the first one, but if you like funny kid's movies (Some of those jokes shouldn't have been allowed in a kid's movie :X) you should watch it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
fallenangel
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, don't really like kids movies. Razz Same reason I won't read or watch Harry Potter. Everyone's trying to convince me they're not kiddie, but yes they are. A little boy who wants to be a wizard and has all his little friends is kiddie. And so is a talking donkey. Rolling eyes

I'll see a midnight showing of Rocky Horror before either of those. In fact, methinks the theater downtown will be starting that up again soon. Woo.
iamem0tionless
How can I get a custom title thing?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want that movie Sad My mom almost bought it for me but she put it back and grabbed a different one. She said she'd buy it for me later Smile I do love kid's movies Smile I love all movies, though. I'm probably seeing the new Harry Potter tomorrow or Sunday, yay!

In the second Shrek, it's still a kid movie, just some jokes most little kids wouldn't understand.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Rosela_Dragon
Very bored

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I the only one in this con. that hates Shrek and should let it burn like the stupidiedy that it is?
Rosela_Dragon
Very bored

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't seen Gigi, but I think it will at least be better then Shrek...I'm gonna watch Gigi sooner or later lol
Rosela_Dragon
Very bored

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sk8terman2020 (Darek Wyant) have you seen Gigi?
Rosela_Dragon
Very bored

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol, but it's suppose to be the worst moive EVER and I'm saying it has to be better then Shrek now that's saying something lol!
Aerinth
Very bored

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I hate shrek too. Its shown EVERYWHERE. Airplane delay? Lets show shrek! School Pizza and movie day... Lets show .... Shrek! End of the year... SHREK!! I mean, sure it has good animation, but its overly used.

And as reguards to the HP disscusion earlier, I don't think the books are all that great, the movies have cool effects, but I really only read the series because I can participate in lunch table discusions when my friends get bored, dinner table disscusions when my brother brings it up...etc. I find them to be written on a childrens leval with some non child ideas..... but they are a fast read, so why not?
insane_with_anger

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shreks everywhere, theres this shrek hanging over a burger king and someone threw rocks at it and it poped and now it look like shrek is crying, lol kids these days . . . . Laughing
insane_with_anger

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh yeah and one of his arms is hanging down over the building ^_^
Rosela_Dragon
Very bored

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol I would love to see that! Laughing Go kids!
Jetrules2020

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol the shrek over the building haha i hate shrek lol
n8comics
Has No Life

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote]sk8terman2020 (Darek Wyant) have you seen Gigi?[/quote]

Dear lord people... if you're going to compare a good movie with one of the worst movies of the year, atleast do it right. It's Gilgi. G-I-G-L-I. And Jesus that movie was annoying... (I'm reffering to the Mexican name of course, just so not to upset the 80 year old Mormons.)
Rosela_Dragon
Very bored

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What good moive are you talking about?
Ghost

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shrek sucked, and not because it's bad... I kinda enjoyed it the first time I saw it... but because every single frickin' teacher, mentor, leader, and other adult people constantly show either Shrek or Finding Nemo when there is free time and kids... I mean, I saw it 9 times in my freshman year of highschool and then 3 more for youth camp... and it got worse and worse each time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> TV & Movies All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: