Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Someone Wants To Make A Movie

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> General Writing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Orlando_Hamar
Very bored

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simple enough, like all my threads...except maybe the video-games one...

Anyway, just pick as many people as you want to be involved in a movie adaption of ANYTHING you've written.
It doesn't have to be just [b]actors[/b], either. It can be [b]director[/b], [b]soundtrack[/b], hell if you have a certain [b]Special Effects[/b] guy or studio in mind, you can pick them.

If you want to go even FURTHER, pick a video-game studio to do a game adaption of the movie.

I'll post mine later...
theWriter
Very Oldbie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I submitted a script to the American Accolades in California, but mainly I wanted no-names and small indie types to participate. I mean, it's a high school flick. How the hell far could you get with a bunch of twenty year olds?

In that case, though, I guess I'll settle for one of the RP's I'm in.

Dust and Ashes:

The main plot is that in the future, generally all free will is gone. The idea is that without free will, there will be a substantial loss in crime. That idea proves to generally be correct except for one small problem--humans can't keep to the "no creativity" rule. It doesn't turn out very well, espeacially that since the law was enforced, there have been a rising number of human mental anomalies. Psychic powers, gifts...call them what you will. Well now, those "special" types have been smuggled off to an island to basically understand what was endowed to them and use it to their advantage. Kinda like the X-Men...except not quite.

So, we have our cast.

Arisu--Student at school
Starr--yet another student
Oliver--agent for FA
Rachel--woman being interrogated. Dies during incarceration.
Evans--Another agent. Kinda incompetant.

And oh so many more.

I'm sure that if this was to be written, I'd like the Wachowski brothers to write it. Granted, I was dissapointed with the last 2 of the Matrix trilogy, but they seem to have a knack for "authoritarian"-like stories. And thus it is.

As for director? Hmm...I'm not quite sure. I'd like this more to be a serious movie than a funny one, more of a draction than a tramedy or something. So I'm not quite sure. Lemme go scroll to IMDB and then I'll tell you.

As to composer? John Powell. Definetley. I love his music (generally) I love the originality and I think he's come out with some great stuff. Others can be duds, but you can't always win, now can you?

As for the cast? Again, I'm not quite sure. I'll go back to IMDB and then come here with my answer.

So, that's it...

...For now, at least.
[color=red][url=http://www.fanart-central.net/user-theWriter.php]What[/url] [url=http://untitledroadway.deviantart.com/] does[/url] [url=http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1015309/] it all[/url] [url=http://www.fictionpress.com/~thetwilightpen] MEAN?[/url][/color]
Alpha_zero
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wrote something like this in a group in primary school. We had the scripts ready, characters planned (Rubbish though they were) and the plot line settled. We were ready to "film" the register scene and...Nothing happened.

Well the story went something like this (*Runs off to fetch book full of useless and old scripts for movies*)

Um...According my scribbles of handwriting, I have deciphered that there was a new cook, Who joined our main character's school. The cook [u]hates[/u] kids with a vengeance, and can't cook to save ehr life! But our main character thinks the dinners will be better and chnages to school dinners! His sister, Stephane, complains, but the Head' doesn't believe 'em, ANd continues to believe that "Miss Pincer" is delivering quality food.

So, our main character, now revealed as Peter, and "helper" also revealed as J___ (I couldn't read my handwriting...To believe I listened to my left handed teacher in Reception makes me sick) sneak ino the kitchen and see a foot hanging out of the freezer!

And...The plot ends there...We were going to film the first few scenes and see what happened and figure out if it was worht continuing.

Please, don't take this all seriously, I estimate the eldest among us was 7, and that wasn't me.

But seriously this time, I have a Doctor. Who scrpit for a feature length movie in the making. I'll post it when I'm finished.
Orlando_Hamar
Very bored

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My story...well, I would [i]naturally[/i] pick [b]Dragon: The Insurrection[/b].

The story for it is such:
The year is somewhere in the early 26th Century, and humans have habitated Mars.
Damien, a Vampire under the title of Dragon, has spent his life tought by the best. For saving one life and taking another, he was sent to prison for the rest of life. He was forced to watch his wife (Leigh, who was also a Vampire under the title of Phoenix) die, and after twenty seven years of unbearable torment, he escaped...but not as he once was...
Meanwhile, Keira, who is the daughter of the Dictator (he calls himself King Hadden) of the City of Troy, within which Damien is imprisoned. She was born nine months after Leigh's death, and has since grown into a strong woman. A woman, it would seem, who shares many aspects, unknown even to herself, to Leigh.
Keira and her brother (Jack), guided by the advice of the mysterious Wolverines, are asked upon to get Damien out of the Prison. But Jack is imprisoned in his place, as is Keira's boyfriend.
The leader of the city's resistance (Chase), however, remains free as a bird, and upon escape, he is the first person that Keira and Damien run into.
Now, Damien wants revenge on the King, and his OTHER son (Kandrer), who both put him through so much torment while imprisoned.
Damien gets a job as a bouncer, as a run down, but successful, Goth club, run by another Vampire/Goth (Paige), who introduces him to a friend of hers called Matt. Yet, even with an ordinary name, he is not at all the most ordinary person.
Together, Damien, Keira, Matt and a third, mysterious entity are about to embark on one of the greatest journeys ever experienced by man.

[u]Cast[/u]
Damien - He's difficult...either Christian Bale or Hugh Jackman
Keira - Keira Knightley
Matt - An unknown. I really don't know of anyone able to play a fun-loving, half-mad guy with guns and a big sword.
Hadden - Brian Cox
The Voice of Kagan - Rick Miller is all I could think up for him...or maybe Mike Erwin
Chase - Benicio Del Toro
Kandrer - Nick Stahl
Jack - ...maybe Ian Somerhalder
Leigh - Monica Bellucci is the only woman I can think of
Paige - MAYBE Morena Baccarin

[u]Director[/u] - Joss Whedon

[u]Script Writer[/u] - Joss Whedon

[u]Composer[/u] - Either Kelly Bailey, James Newton Howard, or James Horner
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> General Writing Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: