Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Twilight
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Other interests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AdrianChaos
Would like fries with that

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw a youtube video my brother sent me of a fat fangirl watching a preview of the new twilight and that shit was fucking scary. She looked like she was going to eat the computer at some point. She was actually crying halfway through.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPSsNHBrmHo
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(xD just because there are 'cookies' in the computer, doesnt mean they are tasty kukuku)

I had to wait to get more comp time behind this chick who wanted the eclipse novel of the series. She whined when they didnt have it. I felt like giving her an Anne Rice or Bram Stoker novel instead. Cant go wrong with either IMO. xP
AdrianChaos
Would like fries with that

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah because at least they have vampires. Not this crap. This has queers with absolutely [i]gorgeous[/i] (unwashed) hair that sparkle amirite!??!
London

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anne Rice was full of sexually ambiguous, gorgeous vampires as well, but at least they had the good sense to burst into flames upon exposure to sunlight.
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. Sure other vampires from other books/mangas had vampires that werent that much effected by daylight. (In "In the forests of the night" the vampires just got alittle weakened and the sun hurt their eyes. I think it's the same deal with Vampire Knight...not sure though) But they didnt sparkle like Alex Louis Armstrong for gods sake. xP

I mean damn, that is the most pathetic excuse for a vampire not wanting to be in the sun ever. Cause he sparkles? Sorry but that just cracks me up people. I had to put down the book it was that sad.
CiaphasCain
Has No Life

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="London"]Anne Rice was full of sexually ambiguous, gorgeous vampires as well, but at least they had the good sense to burst into flames upon exposure to sunlight.[/quote]

Not the ancient ones.

Also, Anne Rice series was ALL about gay sex.
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone didnt read her Sleeping beauty novels when she signed under a different name. :O
hueyfreeman
Still very bored

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

romance with werewolves = Beastiality
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="hueyfreeman"]romance with werewolves = Beastiality[/quote]

rofl xD
Malosis555

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Allrighty, if anyone wishes to know about how I feel about Twilight, then be read for a looong explanation:

Okay, I did it. I read Twilight. Yeah, I did. And half of New Moon. I want to clarify that before we get started.

I tried desperately not to read it. I did. Giggling fangirls from my my school attacked me with "ZOMFG! U HAS TO RED TWILITE!' and when I didn't because vampires aren't exactly my cup of tea, they bashed me with this over my head 'U JUST A FAT SCAG WHO'S A LESBO'. The last one really hurt because I am a lesbian and that had nothing to do with my preferences.

So, after being best friends for a while with a guy (who was in love with Edward. God, guys aren't even safe), I read it.

And after I read it, I felt nothing. I didn't care, people! God knows, I cared so little. But others around me screamed and praised it, so I reread it. I had to be missing something. This book was being hailed as the next 'Harry Potter'.

I just didn't get it.

So, I moved on and read New Moon. Maybe there was something more special in that book that was getting all the girls (and possibly some guys) raving like mad people.

And let me tell you, the thought of a girl throwing her life away for a sparkly, abusive stalker was incredibly discouraging. I couldn't finish it. Namely, it had the subject of suicide and the way Meyer hailed it as being necessary for true love, it was a slap in the face for me. I'll be honest. For awhile I had a suicide thing going (things with my mom and drugs were destroying my life). Meyer glorifies this by saying it was the only way for Bella to heard Edward's voice in her head or something. That's said. that's delusional! That's so...Oh, God, I can't even speak of it.

It made me sick. I tossed the book to the other side of the room.

And I know some Twitard will bash my brains out here, but I don't care. I won't keep silent.

I hated everything:

1. The Sparkling. Oh Gods! Not the sparkling! Yeah, Meyer's creative all right. Her vampires go out in sunlight, but they sparkle! And they're incredibly beautiful, they don't drink blood, kill humans, live in coffins, shape-shift into bats (Think of Dracula, people!), and they friggin sparkle. Basically, aside from the drinking of blood, they do nothing that real vampires do. No stakes or nothing, I swear. But you guys all say, "BUT MEYER'S JUST CREATIVE!!!". No, being creative, she would just make up a new race of creatures for the Cullens so they weren't such a disgrace to all vampires. But no, she gets lazy and calls them 'vampires'. Blasphemy, people.

2. Oh, God, Edward is so beautiful. You know how I know that? I was reminded of it every two pages at the very least. Always there was a reference to his god-like, Adonis-like beauty. It's mind-numbing. The Cullens, like Edward, are also so beautiful. Because we all know that inner beauty doesn't matter at all right? I'll say this once, people. Beauty should NEVER make up for personality.

3. Lack of personality. You heard me. Edward is devoid of it. He generates no warmness, loving quality from what I could see. In order to have romance in books, you need personality, chemistry. He had nothing. He was just...beautiful. I couldn't see him. He was a blank slate to me.

Bella, too, was whiny, bitchy, emo...and not to mention, judgemental. Like on her first day of school, five boys are instantly into her. Two characters I did like and admire were Mike and Eric. They were nice, they helped her out and were all like 'Hey, let's show you around. Come sit by us! We'll welcome you with open arms.' I live the life of a military brat. I move around a lot. Rarely did I ever receive such kindness and when I did, I returned it and tried my best to make friends and start over in a new school. Bella, on the other hand, whines and complains about how these boys are taking an interest in her and even mocks Mike and using him as the butt of her's and the Cullen's jokes. SUCH A SWEET AND ENDEARING HEROINE! And she first judges Eric on his oily appearance. And I'll let this one go since we all sometimes do that, but it just seemed so wrong when they were helping her out.

Alice and Jasper are always in the background. We never really know or care about them other than the fact that Jasper's hot/constipated (check the movie.) and Alice is a girl who loves parties and fashion. Who are they underneath that though? Jasper had a piece of good back story in Eclipse, but only five pages worth, so that Bella and Edward could have more time with their vague romance (if there's really any substance to that.

No one really cares about Emmett. He's cool-looking and likes to make jokes, but beneath that, we never really see anymore of him, do we?

Rosalie's a blond and as I found out by read Stephanie Meyer's work, it's that she hates blonds and loves to portrays them as bitchy. Gee, Rosalie actually disagrees for a while with Bella about her wish to become a vamp. God, that makes her so evil and bitchy! Oh wait, it could that she is this way because this wasn't the life she wanted and that with immortality and beauty, there comes a heavy price. But no, that's not what make her bitter. And God knows, anyone who disagrees or doesn't like Bella is a b***h.

Esme is a useless house mother and she's a cut-off of a wife.

Carlisle creeps me out. Seriously, out of all the people dying in hospitals, why not vamp someone truly unfortunate like cancer victims or others, instead of insanely attractive teens? Someone answer me that.

4. The so-called true love. No it isn't. It's lust and obsession. What Bella and Edward have is nothing. All they talk about is how beautiful Edward is or how he could snap Bella's neck in two seconds. That's an abusive relationship. I know the signs. My aunt was in one. My Grandma was in one! Edward is controlling, isolating Bella from her friends and bribing his sister to watch her. People need to have their own lives too. They are independent and while there is love, there is also respect and privacy. I see none of it in this relationship.

Also, why are they in love? What do they do on their spare time? Go to the movies? Read? Go to the park?

Nope.

I'll add more later, but my idiotic brother is kicking me off so...But you get the point. How are you glorifying this series? Makes me puke.
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

XD well put, I praise you for reading all of Twilight and half of new moon, I only got up to chap 13 of Twilight. Someone give her a medal!
Malosis555

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="SweetxinsanityxSarah"]XD well put, I praise you for reading all of Twilight and half of new moon, I only got up to chap 13 of Twilight. Someone give her a medal![/quote]

Sweet, I get a medal. Is it made of gold or chocolate?
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chocolate gold o3o
Malosis555

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="SweetxinsanityxSarah"]Chocolate gold o3o[/quote]

Which is theoretically the best kind of gold evar!
setzaroth
Cold Warrior

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

old thread is old...
Malosis555

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="setzaroth"]old thread is old...[/quote]

Yeah, sorry for bringing it up. Just had to rant. Embarassed
LadyHalftone
Newb

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, the horrific piece of "writing" in which the female protagonist spends all her time whining and moaning and fainting, through thinly-veiled Mormon propaganda?

Sigh -.-
setzaroth
Cold Warrior

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="LadyHalftone"]Oh, the horrific piece of "writing" in which the female protagonist spends all her time whining and moaning and fainting, through thinly-veiled Mormon propaganda?

Sigh -.-[/quote]

Explain? I never saw anything remotely simmilar to this in any of the movies.
LadyHalftone
Newb

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="setzaroth"][quote="LadyHalftone"]Oh, the horrific piece of "writing" in which the female protagonist spends all her time whining and moaning and fainting, through thinly-veiled Mormon propaganda?

Sigh -.-[/quote]

Explain? I never saw anything remotely simmilar to this in any of the movies.[/quote]

Well as bad as the movies are, they aren't anything close to the badness of the books. At least the movies were Hollywood-ed up and don't have much of the original scary Mormon background.

I almost want to come back and respond to this tomorrow or something because I'm really sick right now x.x but until I can say something more intelligent that comes out of my own mouth, here's something slightly entertaining (to me anyway) on the topic:

http://stoney321.livejournal.com/317176.html
setzaroth
Cold Warrior

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could post ANYTHING and it would be more intelligent than that.

I dont know what kind of poorly written anti crap you've been reading.( well obviosuly this) But it isnt true. And doesnt exactly make any sense, in ANY context...

Thanks for the laugh though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Other interests All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: