Joined: 12 Mar 2004
|Posted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 3:14 pm Post subject: Rules
|Since it seems like a lot of you like to ignore the rules just because they've been posted in Politics, even though you've been directed to them with the words, "read the rules; they apply in philosophy as well," I've decided to put them in here, too. Politics is often closely associated with philosophy since they both have to do with personal beliefs.
1. Think about what you're posting. If you don't think that anyone will care about what you're about to say, don't post it. They probably won't.
2. Even though it should go without saying, no flaming or I'ma beat you good. This includes egging other people on. Debate is good. Insults are not. If your post includes any insults, it's going to be edited or deleted.
3. All posts that do not offer any insight into the topic (e.g. "bumping") will be deleted posthaste.
4. All topics here should be considered in a serious manner. If you start posting anything offensive just to joke around, consider your post deleted (see rule #2). In fact, consider any comments deemed offensive in a serious nature (racism, sexism, etc.) wiped off the face of this board.
5. And last (but certainly not least), MAKE SURE YOU KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT. If you have any crap in your post that mentions 1. your IQ, 2. your personal life [if it has no relevancy to the topic], or 3. anything that boils down to a "NO U" when all the ribbons an' frills are cut off, consider your post editted or deleted outright. You must NOT get personal in a debate. It's for your own health; you lose credential when you do it. This rule is here to prevent you from getting anally raped.
5 and a half (because 5 is a nice round number). Read the threads "Hey You (yes, You)! Read This!" [link] and "Read Before Posting" [link] in the Politics section.
And remember kiddies: if someone gets something wrong it's not
always because they're stupid. We're all learning here. Just correct them, "and no fightin'; play nice with the other kids, unless, of course, one of the other kids wanna fight, then you have to kick the other kid's butt." 8D