Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
To Athiests.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Philosophical
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
London
Moderator


Joined: 23 Mar 2006
Posts: 6474

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huh, the word filter doesn't do anything to "bullshit."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ThomYorke
I dream of mod position


Joined: 07 Oct 2007
Posts: 2368
Location: Flagstaff, Arizona

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

London wrote:
Hi Benk hi hi hi hi <3


<3333

ily London

also hey
bullshit is a good compound word
_________________
゚ ヮ゚
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Xx_TheForgotten_xX
Very bored


Joined: 24 Aug 2009
Posts: 126
Location: In body: here. In mind: everywhere.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

London wrote:
You were disagreeing with Aren. Aren said that atheists worship science. You said rejecting God doesn't make you a scientologist, implying that a scientologist is what Aren said atheists are. You didn't explicitly say that scientologists worship science. It is obvious from the context what you meant, and you're only denying it now because someone called you out on your bullshit.


Twisting around my words does not make you right.

Implying that I'm stating what I am not does not make you right either.

I stated nothing nor did I infer anything relative to scientologists are atheists who worship science, I'm not denying anyhting.

I standby what I said, I said what I meant, and I'll be damn glad to say it agian.
_________________
Perhaps, just this once, you should actually think through what you plan to say BEFORE you say it.
Who knows, it may make you sound more intellectual and maybe that way you won't offend anyone.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ThomYorke
I dream of mod position


Joined: 07 Oct 2007
Posts: 2368
Location: Flagstaff, Arizona

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you weren't trying to say that worshiping science makes you a scientologist, then your post was just unrelated.

Are you wrong or do you just like to post random tidbits of information?
_________________
゚ ヮ゚
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Aren
Has No Life


Joined: 15 Jul 2009
Posts: 427

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xx_TheForgotten_xX wrote:
London wrote:
You were disagreeing with Aren. Aren said that atheists worship science. You said rejecting God doesn't make you a scientologist, implying that a scientologist is what Aren said atheists are. You didn't explicitly say that scientologists worship science. It is obvious from the context what you meant, and you're only denying it now because someone called you out on your bullshit.


Twisting around my words does not make you right.

Implying that I'm stating what I am not does not make you right either.

I stated nothing nor did I infer anything relative to scientologists are atheists who worship science, I'm not denying anyhting.

I standby what I said, I said what I meant, and I'll be damn glad to say it agian.



Say it again.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
London
Moderator


Joined: 23 Mar 2006
Posts: 6474

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two people separately came to the same conclusion that you thought scientologists worship science. I'm not twisting your words. Go back and look at your own words and tell me what you think they meant. Either that is what you thought, or you're doing a piss poor job of expressing your opinions.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Aren
Has No Life


Joined: 15 Jul 2009
Posts: 427

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

London wrote:
Two people separately came to the same conclusion that you thought scientologists worship science. I'm not twisting your words. Go back and look at your own words and tell me what you think they meant. Either that is what you thought, or you're doing a piss poor job of expressing your opinions.


Scientologists worship whatever Tom Cruise says.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Xx_TheForgotten_xX
Very bored


Joined: 24 Aug 2009
Posts: 126
Location: In body: here. In mind: everywhere.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

London wrote:
Two people separately came to the same conclusion that you thought scientologists worship science. I'm not twisting your words. Go back and look at your own words and tell me what you think they meant. Either that is what you thought, or you're doing a piss poor job of expressing your opinions.


Two peple agreeing one after the other on the same subject when said individuals just so happen to be close, this seems like more of a conspiracy.

So, I'll ignore the fact that you cannot accept what I said as my own opinion of the matter and I'll delete the comment.

If you so wish to actually take apart what I said, then you could infer the actual meaning behind it to mean that atheists and scientologists are two seperate groups.
_________________
Perhaps, just this once, you should actually think through what you plan to say BEFORE you say it.
Who knows, it may make you sound more intellectual and maybe that way you won't offend anyone.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Xx_TheForgotten_xX
Very bored


Joined: 24 Aug 2009
Posts: 126
Location: In body: here. In mind: everywhere.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aren wrote:
Xx_TheForgotten_xX wrote:
London wrote:
You were disagreeing with Aren. Aren said that atheists worship science. You said rejecting God doesn't make you a scientologist, implying that a scientologist is what Aren said atheists are. You didn't explicitly say that scientologists worship science. It is obvious from the context what you meant, and you're only denying it now because someone called you out on your bullshit.


Twisting around my words does not make you right.

Implying that I'm stating what I am not does not make you right either.

I stated nothing nor did I infer anything relative to scientologists are atheists who worship science, I'm not denying anyhting.

I standby what I said, I said what I meant, and I'll be damn glad to say it agian.



Say it again.


Gladly.

just because you reject god doesn't automatically make you a scientologist

Scientology and atheism are two completely different views.
_________________
Perhaps, just this once, you should actually think through what you plan to say BEFORE you say it.
Who knows, it may make you sound more intellectual and maybe that way you won't offend anyone.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Aren
Has No Life


Joined: 15 Jul 2009
Posts: 427

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xx_TheForgotten_xX wrote:
London wrote:
Two people separately came to the same conclusion that you thought scientologists worship science. I'm not twisting your words. Go back and look at your own words and tell me what you think they meant. Either that is what you thought, or you're doing a piss poor job of expressing your opinions.


Two peple agreeing one after the other on the same subject when said individuals just so happen to be close, this seems like more of a conspiracy.

So, I'll ignore the fact that you cannot accept what I said as my own opinion of the matter and I'll delete the comment.

If you so wish to actually take apart what I said, then you could infer the actual meaning behind it to mean that atheists and scientologists are two seperate groups.



Why would anyone conspiracize(is that the right word?) over a simple opinion/fact? I'm lost.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
London
Moderator


Joined: 23 Mar 2006
Posts: 6474

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why would you suddenly bring scientologists into the discussion?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ThomYorke
I dream of mod position


Joined: 07 Oct 2007
Posts: 2368
Location: Flagstaff, Arizona

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xx_TheForgotten_xX wrote:
London wrote:
Two people separately came to the same conclusion that you thought scientologists worship science. I'm not twisting your words. Go back and look at your own words and tell me what you think they meant. Either that is what you thought, or you're doing a piss poor job of expressing your opinions.


Two peple agreeing one after the other on the same subject when said individuals just so happen to be close, this seems like more of a conspiracy.

So, I'll ignore the fact that you cannot accept what I said as my own opinion of the matter and I'll delete the comment.

If you so wish to actually take apart what I said, then you could infer the actual meaning behind it to mean that atheists and scientologists are two seperate groups.


I don't believe anybody mentioned scientology. More importantly, I don't think anybody was confused about the difference between atheists and scientologists (except maybe you?) so your post was absolutely unnecessary. Or you just don't know the difference between a scientologist and somebody who... worships science.
_________________
゚ ヮ゚
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Xx_TheForgotten_xX
Very bored


Joined: 24 Aug 2009
Posts: 126
Location: In body: here. In mind: everywhere.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aren wrote:
Xx_TheForgotten_xX wrote:
London wrote:
Two people separately came to the same conclusion that you thought scientologists worship science. I'm not twisting your words. Go back and look at your own words and tell me what you think they meant. Either that is what you thought, or you're doing a piss poor job of expressing your opinions.


Two peple agreeing one after the other on the same subject when said individuals just so happen to be close, this seems like more of a conspiracy.

So, I'll ignore the fact that you cannot accept what I said as my own opinion of the matter and I'll delete the comment.

If you so wish to actually take apart what I said, then you could infer the actual meaning behind it to mean that atheists and scientologists are two seperate groups.



Why would anyone conspiracize(is that the right word?) over a simple opinion/fact? I'm lost.


Simple, to get a point across.
It's actually a way to get a pint across faster than usual, and it usually works.
It's a congress technique actually.
_________________
Perhaps, just this once, you should actually think through what you plan to say BEFORE you say it.
Who knows, it may make you sound more intellectual and maybe that way you won't offend anyone.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
London
Moderator


Joined: 23 Mar 2006
Posts: 6474

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh you caught us. Benk and I have been engaging in continent crossing telepathy to in order to coordinate our posts. You can call me Cable.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Xx_TheForgotten_xX
Very bored


Joined: 24 Aug 2009
Posts: 126
Location: In body: here. In mind: everywhere.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThomYorke wrote:
Xx_TheForgotten_xX wrote:
London wrote:
Two people separately came to the same conclusion that you thought scientologists worship science. I'm not twisting your words. Go back and look at your own words and tell me what you think they meant. Either that is what you thought, or you're doing a piss poor job of expressing your opinions.


Two peple agreeing one after the other on the same subject when said individuals just so happen to be close, this seems like more of a conspiracy.

So, I'll ignore the fact that you cannot accept what I said as my own opinion of the matter and I'll delete the comment.

If you so wish to actually take apart what I said, then you could infer the actual meaning behind it to mean that atheists and scientologists are two seperate groups.


I don't believe anybody mentioned scientology. More importantly, I don't think anybody was confused about the difference between atheists and scientologists (except maybe you?) so your post was absolutely unnecessary. Or you just don't know the difference between a scientologist and somebody who... worships science.


Or perhaps, if you would learn to look at something from different angles you would infact see where the idea came from.
_________________
Perhaps, just this once, you should actually think through what you plan to say BEFORE you say it.
Who knows, it may make you sound more intellectual and maybe that way you won't offend anyone.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Xx_TheForgotten_xX
Very bored


Joined: 24 Aug 2009
Posts: 126
Location: In body: here. In mind: everywhere.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

London wrote:
Oh you caught us. Benk and I have been engaging in continent crossing telepathy to in order to coordinate our posts. You can call me Cable.


sarcasm's a great tool.
_________________
Perhaps, just this once, you should actually think through what you plan to say BEFORE you say it.
Who knows, it may make you sound more intellectual and maybe that way you won't offend anyone.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Aren
Has No Life


Joined: 15 Jul 2009
Posts: 427

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xx_TheForgotten_xX wrote:
ThomYorke wrote:
Xx_TheForgotten_xX wrote:
London wrote:
Two people separately came to the same conclusion that you thought scientologists worship science. I'm not twisting your words. Go back and look at your own words and tell me what you think they meant. Either that is what you thought, or you're doing a piss poor job of expressing your opinions.


Two peple agreeing one after the other on the same subject when said individuals just so happen to be close, this seems like more of a conspiracy.

So, I'll ignore the fact that you cannot accept what I said as my own opinion of the matter and I'll delete the comment.

If you so wish to actually take apart what I said, then you could infer the actual meaning behind it to mean that atheists and scientologists are two seperate groups.


I don't believe anybody mentioned scientology. More importantly, I don't think anybody was confused about the difference between atheists and scientologists (except maybe you?) so your post was absolutely unnecessary. Or you just don't know the difference between a scientologist and somebody who... worships science.


Or perhaps, if you would learn to look at something from different angles you would infact see where the idea came from.


Me thinks your paranoid. Mhm.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ThomYorke
I dream of mod position


Joined: 07 Oct 2007
Posts: 2368
Location: Flagstaff, Arizona

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xx_TheForgotten_xX wrote:
ThomYorke wrote:
Xx_TheForgotten_xX wrote:
London wrote:
Two people separately came to the same conclusion that you thought scientologists worship science. I'm not twisting your words. Go back and look at your own words and tell me what you think they meant. Either that is what you thought, or you're doing a piss poor job of expressing your opinions.


Two peple agreeing one after the other on the same subject when said individuals just so happen to be close, this seems like more of a conspiracy.

So, I'll ignore the fact that you cannot accept what I said as my own opinion of the matter and I'll delete the comment.

If you so wish to actually take apart what I said, then you could infer the actual meaning behind it to mean that atheists and scientologists are two seperate groups.


I don't believe anybody mentioned scientology. More importantly, I don't think anybody was confused about the difference between atheists and scientologists (except maybe you?) so your post was absolutely unnecessary. Or you just don't know the difference between a scientologist and somebody who... worships science.


Or perhaps, if you would learn to look at something from different angles you would infact see where the idea came from.


Explain yourself.

While you're busy figuring out your words, London and I will be sending messages via telepathy to each other about our plans to make you cry.
_________________
゚ ヮ゚
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Xx_TheForgotten_xX
Very bored


Joined: 24 Aug 2009
Posts: 126
Location: In body: here. In mind: everywhere.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThomYorke wrote:
Xx_TheForgotten_xX wrote:
ThomYorke wrote:
Xx_TheForgotten_xX wrote:
London wrote:
Two people separately came to the same conclusion that you thought scientologists worship science. I'm not twisting your words. Go back and look at your own words and tell me what you think they meant. Either that is what you thought, or you're doing a piss poor job of expressing your opinions.


Two peple agreeing one after the other on the same subject when said individuals just so happen to be close, this seems like more of a conspiracy.

So, I'll ignore the fact that you cannot accept what I said as my own opinion of the matter and I'll delete the comment.

If you so wish to actually take apart what I said, then you could infer the actual meaning behind it to mean that atheists and scientologists are two seperate groups.


I don't believe anybody mentioned scientology. More importantly, I don't think anybody was confused about the difference between atheists and scientologists (except maybe you?) so your post was absolutely unnecessary. Or you just don't know the difference between a scientologist and somebody who... worships science.


Explain yourself.

While you're busy figuring out your words, London and I will be sending messages via telepathy to each other about our plans to make you cry.

Or perhaps, if you would learn to look at something from different angles you would infact see where the idea came from.


Assumtions.
Wow.

y'know, this is kinda hilarious actually.

I'm laughing my ass off.
I'm bored, I'm causing you three to argue meaninglessly, and I'm still bored.
Still hilarious.
_________________
Perhaps, just this once, you should actually think through what you plan to say BEFORE you say it.
Who knows, it may make you sound more intellectual and maybe that way you won't offend anyone.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Aren
Has No Life


Joined: 15 Jul 2009
Posts: 427

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think someone's butthurt over a joke post.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Philosophical All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum