Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
To Athiests.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Philosophical
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Xx_TheForgotten_xX
Very bored


Joined: 24 Aug 2009
Posts: 126
Location: In body: here. In mind: everywhere.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think someone is assuming again.

I find this hilarious actually, one single post about something, and three people jump at me.

Oh joy to the world.

the only reason I keep replying is because I honestely have nothing else to do right now.
_________________
Perhaps, just this once, you should actually think through what you plan to say BEFORE you say it.
Who knows, it may make you sound more intellectual and maybe that way you won't offend anyone.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ThomYorke
I dream of mod position


Joined: 07 Oct 2007
Posts: 2368
Location: Flagstaff, Arizona

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh god I fucked up that post BUTIFIXEDIT

YOU on the other hand have yet to explain what you were trying to say and why. I'm still under the impression that you have no idea what a scientologist is.
_________________
゚ ヮ゚
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Xx_TheForgotten_xX
Very bored


Joined: 24 Aug 2009
Posts: 126
Location: In body: here. In mind: everywhere.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThomYorke wrote:
Oh god I $&#* up that post BUTIFIXEDIT

YOU on the other hand have yet to explain what you were trying to say and why. I'm still under the impression that you have no idea what a scientologist is.


and you can assume that.

when I see a post reading along the lines of what aren said about worshipping science as a god, I automatically think of, science in place of god, not really worship, but scientologist.

I know what a scientologist is, however, the context in which I used it may have been off.

but, that is beyond the point now, because I'm going to be wrong either way, so I might as well go create some bullshit to comeback with.
_________________
Perhaps, just this once, you should actually think through what you plan to say BEFORE you say it.
Who knows, it may make you sound more intellectual and maybe that way you won't offend anyone.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ThomYorke
I dream of mod position


Joined: 07 Oct 2007
Posts: 2368
Location: Flagstaff, Arizona

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scientologists do not view science as a god or worship science. If you knew that you wouldn't have thought about scientologists and you would have known that that wasn't what Aren was talking about.
_________________
゚ ヮ゚
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Xx_TheForgotten_xX
Very bored


Joined: 24 Aug 2009
Posts: 126
Location: In body: here. In mind: everywhere.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThomYorke wrote:
Scientologists do not view science as a god or worship science. If you knew that you wouldn't have thought about scientologists and you would have known that that wasn't what Aren was talking about.


so the context was wrong, well Benk, instead of insults, you could have simply said "worng use of word, gtfo"
and I would have accepted that.

but anyways, I've been wrong before, innocent until proven guilty, I've been proven, I'll take it as it is, continue tha actual thread post.
_________________
Perhaps, just this once, you should actually think through what you plan to say BEFORE you say it.
Who knows, it may make you sound more intellectual and maybe that way you won't offend anyone.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ThomYorke
I dream of mod position


Joined: 07 Oct 2007
Posts: 2368
Location: Flagstaff, Arizona

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I told you to learn the word and get the fuck out. After I said that you threw a bitch fit. We proved you wrong pages ago but you desperately tried to hide it.


hurr water you doing
_________________
゚ ヮ゚
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Xx_TheForgotten_xX
Very bored


Joined: 24 Aug 2009
Posts: 126
Location: In body: here. In mind: everywhere.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like I said.

I'm bored.

continuing a pointless fight is fun.

And the way I see it, I'll be sure to wrack up some enemies now.
bordom is quarrelled.

So I have no reason to bullshit anymore, so I admit the wrong.
_________________
Perhaps, just this once, you should actually think through what you plan to say BEFORE you say it.
Who knows, it may make you sound more intellectual and maybe that way you won't offend anyone.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Aren
Has No Life


Joined: 15 Jul 2009
Posts: 427

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd tell ya what a scientologist is... but this is kinda funny.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Xx_TheForgotten_xX
Very bored


Joined: 24 Aug 2009
Posts: 126
Location: In body: here. In mind: everywhere.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aren wrote:
I'd tell ya what a scientologist is... but this is kinda funny.


My point exactly.

I already looked it up.
_________________
Perhaps, just this once, you should actually think through what you plan to say BEFORE you say it.
Who knows, it may make you sound more intellectual and maybe that way you won't offend anyone.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Aren
Has No Life


Joined: 15 Jul 2009
Posts: 427

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xx_TheForgotten_xX wrote:
Aren wrote:
I'd tell ya what a scientologist is... but this is kinda funny.


My point exactly.

I already looked it up.


lolyouthoughttheyworshippedscience.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
xEdwardx
Forum Stalker


Joined: 23 Aug 2009
Posts: 1221
Location: In your forums!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool story bro.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
HerculesRockefeller
 


Joined: 30 Sep 2006
Posts: 3143

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought this would be dumb as shit

But overall

A very entertaining read

lol worship science
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Brianhjh
 


Joined: 25 Sep 2004
Posts: 8014
Location: Queen's University

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just read my own comment which I wrote 3 years ago and got weirded out.
_________________
"Sarah's future makes me sad." - Benk
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
hueyfreeman
Still very bored


Joined: 19 May 2006
Posts: 325
Location: normal,IL

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have come to learn that jesus christ is a lie perpetrated by the romans in order to exact control over their government and economy. While there is no roman documentation of jesus christ there are many simalarities to an egyptian god, horus ,who predates christ. Christianity is simply a conspiracy theory.
_________________
"Would you kindly?"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Aren
Has No Life


Joined: 15 Jul 2009
Posts: 427

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hueyfreeman wrote:
i have come to learn that jesus christ is a lie perpetrated by the romans in order to exact control over their government and economy. While there is no roman documentation of jesus christ there are many simalarities to an egyptian god, horus ,who predates christ. Christianity is simply a conspiracy theory.


Jesus died for your sins
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
London
Moderator


Joined: 23 Mar 2006
Posts: 6474

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

High five!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
hueyfreeman
Still very bored


Joined: 19 May 2006
Posts: 325
Location: normal,IL

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesus either did not exist or was some kind of religous zealot, duped into believing he was christ. He was the jim jones of rome, only now he had water into wine instead of tainted kool-aid. The area of jesus's ministry was largely confined to an unimportant area of the roman empire. Why then, is there so much secular information on him but rarely any in the roman government? He was a big show, a bunch of rumours brought to the fore front in order to shut up guys like flavius josephus who were preaching jewish dominance.

Christ is supposed to have been a Jew, and his disciples are said to have been Jewish fishermen. His language, and the language of his followers must, therefore, have been Aramaic--the popular language of Palestine in that age. But the Gospels are written in Greek--every one of them.

http://www.positiveatheism.org/hist/rmsbrg00.htm

I'm currently reading this and looking at all these writings and i have concluded that romans "cooked up jesus" to preach compassion and non-violence to a people who had up until then had spread the gospel of an eye for an eye.
_________________
"Would you kindly?"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Aren
Has No Life


Joined: 15 Jul 2009
Posts: 427

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesus doesn't like you talking bad about him. But he'll forgive you if you repent.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
XxTheUltimateSacrificexX
Newb


Joined: 27 Sep 2009
Posts: 4
Location: here and there. I drift.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hueyfreeman wrote:
Jesus either did not exist or was some kind of religous zealot, duped into believing he was christ. He was the jim jones of rome, only now he had water into wine instead of tainted kool-aid. The area of jesus's ministry was largely confined to an unimportant area of the roman empire. Why then, is there so much secular information on him but rarely any in the roman government? He was a big show, a bunch of rumours brought to the fore front in order to shut up guys like flavius josephus who were preaching jewish dominance.

Christ is supposed to have been a Jew, and his disciples are said to have been Jewish fishermen. His language, and the language of his followers must, therefore, have been Aramaic--the popular language of Palestine in that age. But the Gospels are written in Greek--every one of them.

http://www.positiveatheism.org/hist/rmsbrg00.htm

I'm currently reading this and looking at all these writings and i have concluded that romans "cooked up jesus" to preach compassion and non-violence to a people who had up until then had spread the gospel of an eye for an eye.


Last I checked, Jesus existed and was not mentioned in the Roman archives or texts of any kind because the Romans did not particularly like Jews at that time.

As for him being Christ, I am not too sure, but believers are believers, and this thread is full of believers.

so evidentely Jesus of Nazareth(as his true name is) was evidentely Jesus Christ of Nazareth. He was a Jewish carpenter, who spoke the word of God and preached God's teachings to his jewish and such followers, until the romans got fed up with him and eventually killed him.

Nice site though, but not everything you pull from the internet can be a reliable trusty resource as I've learned in the past.

but hey, no one will read this so it's all good.
_________________
LOL I'm sorry what?
I can't hear you through that dick in your mouth!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Brianhjh
 


Joined: 25 Sep 2004
Posts: 8014
Location: Queen's University

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
was not mentioned in the Roman archives or texts of any kind because the Romans did not particularly like Jews at that time.


Not really, Romans didn't mind the Jews, they were just other people living in the areas they've colonized, they couldn't care less whether they were Jews or Greeks or Gauls. Also, Romans didn't like the Carthaginians nor Spartacus either, but they both have records of them.
_________________
"Sarah's future makes me sad." - Benk
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Philosophical All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum