Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Alien Vs. Predators
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> TV & Movies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jacob

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who do you think will win??

Alien
Predator

I think Predators
Paru
Forum Scalleywag

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are the aliens and predators? Are they like...sports teams or something?
I feel stupid.
Stratadrake
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They like to go head to head in video games, duh :P

Well, I've never had any experience with either of them, so... considering that the subject header for this thread is "Alien vs. Predator[b]s[/b]", I have to go for strength in numbers. A group of Predators will waste a single Alien in no time.
Strata here: [url=http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/242293]Nanowrimo[/url] - [url=www.fanart-central.net/user-Stratadrake.php]FAC[/url] - [url=http://stratadrake.deviantart.com]dA[/url] - [url=www.furaffinity.net/user/Stratadrake/]FA[/url]
[size=9]Disclaimer: Posts may contain URLs. Click [url=http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TVTropesWillRuinYourLife]at your own risk.[/url][/size]
Jacob

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3 Predators can waste the alien queen!! and its going to be a movie in august if you see my picture off to the right the one on the left is alien and one on right is predators. The movie looks great from previews and if my picture comes up broken here what it looks like
ChrisFox
Has No Life

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno, the aliens are more instinctual. Instinct always rules out over trial-and-error and such. Should be a good movie, though. Especially since it was hinted way back in the earlier predator movies. (Had an alien skeleton in one of the caves or whatever)
DaBear
Site Helper

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never heard of the game your talking about, but just from the first movies of both Id say one on one with no weapons "the Alien" hands down. if you pull out his weapons (especially the arm band with the bomb) then it would be the preditor!
layzcarter
I used to work here

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So not a fan of the idea behind this movie. It's like a repeat of the awefullness that was Freddy vs Jason.

But.. if i had to choose.. i would hope the predator would win. Used to be a movie I would rent over and over and over... The predator did get beat by arnold though.. and that's pretty weak.. Smile
n8comics
Has No Life

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well... considering they've had an Aliens Vs. Predators game WAY before Freddy Vs. Jason... It will be better than that stupid horror movie, trust me. To answer the question... well if you've ever played AvP, the FPS for the computer, you'd know that Predators pwn Aliens any day... Strength in numbers? That's b/s hon, think of Aliens as small little rodents and a predator as a guy with a shotgun. But more plasmafied and such, you know.
Jacob

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

but in Freddy vs Jason, Jason won cause he came out in one peice when Freddy came out with just his head lol so Jason won. And i agree with Nate Predators are more stragetise and aliens wouldnt stand a chance well maybe some chance when predator has no weapons, but what my sister thinks is that they will team up with each other and kill us all........but i think not, and one shot of the preview the predators had ships that were shooting lasers so i will say predators is gonna win
TomtheMighty

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The executive producers!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
CheetahSmith
Rookie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure it'll be a fun movie, and I'm eagerly awaiting it's release. I'll have to say that the Aliens will win, because from what I learned from internet featurettes on the website, there are only five or so predators in the film. And all of them are teenagers going on a "Test of Manhood" trial. Perhaps there'll be a couple of experienced Predators with them like in the Alien verus Predator novel "AVP: Prey"? ("AVP: Prey" was published by Dark Horse.)
ruppy007
Has No Life

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all, it's Alien vs. [b]Predator[/b]. Second, I think Predator will destroy Alien. Third, Alien vs. Predator is a movie, not a bunch of sports teams. (for Paru(Paru))
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
ruppy007
Has No Life

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Jacob. It's not Your Mom. It's [b]ur mom[/b]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
VR_Jay
Very Oldbie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Predators will always win. Why? Because they are f**king bad-ass, and they got honor. And if they f**k with the Predator's sense of honor in this movie, i will hunt them down and make a nice little purse out of their ball sacks.

[color=black]"Your toast is burnt and no amount of scraping will remove the black stuff!" ~ Caboose, Red vs. Blue[/color]
n8comics
Has No Life

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mentioned AVP was a game before right? If you guys ever played AVP online (multiplayer) you'd know that the Predators are WAY better than both humans AND aliens. They don't call them "hunters" for nothing, bud.
dnmtt

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The stuff going on in AVP reminds me of another game, Starcraft. I think predators will own because like Will said, they're such bad-asses.
VR_Jay
Very Oldbie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="n8comics (Nate)"] I mentioned AVP was a game before right? If you guys ever played AVP online (multiplayer) you'd know that the Predators are WAY better than both humans AND aliens. They don't call them "hunters" for nothing, bud. [/quote]
I love the AVP games. Although I have to disagree with you. All around, the aliens are the best race to play online, i think. But I still love playing as the Pred. MAJOR power trip ^_^

[color=black]"Your toast is burnt and no amount of scraping will remove the black stuff!" ~ Caboose, Red vs. Blue[/color]
Lasher
I used to work here

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What the f**k is wrong with you people? Common mistake amongst humans, and predators that you can see in the movie, is that humans, as well as predators, seem to think the lesser, less intelligent or technologically advanced race, will ultimate lose. The predator was acting like we were no big deal in both the movies, he had the badass weapons and everything. But still got their asses kicked by a human who didn't have lasers and s**t.

Just because the aliens don't use weapons, lasers, and all sorts, or don't communicate doesn't mean they aren't intelligent. People seem to think of them purely like wild animals who run on jsut instinct. They show in all the alien movies that they have intelliegence, and they actually do work together. They track their pray, they use team work, they work good alone even if they want to.

Aliens seem to get the reputation of just being mindless. If you pay the f**k attention to the movies, you'll see in one of them, i think the first one on the ship they find, that it's actually alien as in the race aliens. You have to pay attention to the details in the movie or the s**t goes right over your head. They're smart, they are intelligent, they just us their instinct, they aren't afraid to.

If i had to choose which i hate doing cause i love both, i'm going for aliens because no one expects them to win. But in the end, i see them all dying really. But if i have to pick, Aliens baby.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
n8comics
Has No Life

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the problem with your "theory" (? is it considered a theory?) is that the movies are totally up to the writer's script. What the writer says, goes. That means he could make the Aliens kick ass on the humans, or make the humans kick ass on the Predators if he truely wanted.

Take this for instance, if a human was paired up on a 1 vs 1 fight with a Predator in real life, who do you think would win? Ultimately the Predator would be the victor because not only does he contain superior firepower, but also superior intelect. I mean, come on... We're talking about a race who goes to planets on their own (solo) to hunt the species there with no problem. They're HUNTERS.

I have to agree with you that Aliens have their own intellegence, anyone who've seen the movies should know they're not mindless drones like the Zerg (reffering to Starcraft.) But comparing them to a heavier firepowered race like the Predators (or maybe even the humans) is rediculous.

However, that's not suffice to say that there are other elements to take into consideration. Such as enviorment, morals, elements or weather etc. There's always something to take into consideration. The three species even have thier own attributes, some good some bad. The Predators just have the most usefull of all the three, intimidation. Face it, if you meet a Predator face to face, your ass is off running the other way.

But that's just my opinion. In the end I can assure you that the chick and the nerd is going to be one of the only survivors while all of the Aliens and Predators die. Well, we'll find out in four days, won't we?
Lasher
I used to work here

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be more willing to run away from an alien than a predator. In the second movie, they fight in the space shift they have, the guy kills or close to killed the thing, then all the others showed up. They didn't attack him, they didn't feel the need to. The one which seemed like their leader on the ship, even gave him the gun that was from liek the 1600's. Don't get me wrong, they aren't friendly, but they hint that they aren't jsut out right cruel and killers. It leaves an option open that they do not hunt anything and everything that is not their own kind. Doesn't mean they have to be all nice, but who knows.

And the aliens are shown in the fist movie having an space ship. The humans go abroad on it. It is Alien, if you pay attention, you can see the designs of it are built around that of the aliens, and you can even seen what looks like a carving of some alien, or perhaps, just an old and frozen corpse of one intergrated into the space ship. I really think they're more intelligent than you give them credit for. Who says they could be as smart as us. Just because they don't understand how our science and mechanics work necessarily. Predators and humans are more alike, thus more easy to say they are inteligent and not the aliens because they are so different from the two.

And i know it's up to the person who wrote the script, no s**t man. Humans always end up winning in some way. Why can't the bad guys for once god dammit <_< f**king hate seeing humans come out on top all the time. I'm sorry, if that s**t really happened, you know we'd all be dead.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> TV & Movies All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: