Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Windows VIsta

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Computer Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nachtwind
Site Helper

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 3:29 am    Post subject: Windows VIsta Reply with quote

Wow... it took me longer to get the beta of Vista from the MSDN but from the CTP they did last month, but now, finallz i got it..

Oh boy.. but the System sucks.
All those fancy effects that make the aero theme looking good dont work on my PC (well, GForce 440Go) but hey, at least it detected my WIFI hardware ^^

Anyone who has a good opinion of Vista? I mean, yeah the Theme looks quite good, but everything else seems to suck (like the System Settings etc). Crippled Menus everywhere and the worst: The Icons on the Desktop are 8times bigger than normal.. and it does not work with mz 16:9 monitor *sighs* but hey, i love the Explorer, that one is great ^^
[img]http://misc.shalmirane.de/violance.JPG[/img]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
_Tom_
Very bored

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What type of PC do you have? Gimme the specs, because I cannot fathom how the Vista could "suck" for anyone unless you have a pretty low-graded, low-budget comp. I recently got an advanced beta version of Vista for testing, and it's pretty good. Pretty damn good, in fact. The display on my screen is 10x more crisp and clear, faster response when clicking on icons and browsing the internet (and this is on a 4Gb comp, which is already pretty damn wank and no louch in the speed genre).

I effin' love Vista and can't wait till the final product, either later on this year or next. This'll be the last operating system Mr. Gates' will be associated with, so it's gonna be sellin' like hotcakes, regardless of 'good' or 'bad'.......butit's mostly good : -)
cstdenis
Evil Overlord

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In terms of code quality it may be ok since they scrapped and rewrote huge amounts of bad code.

However the user interface -- just unusuable.

Security is a good goal, but the UI still has to be useable. They moved so much stuff around, from the looks of it, simply to be different. Its going to cost big companies billions of dollars to retrain EVERYBODY.

From what I've heard of the new office, its the same thing. Reorginizing the menubar may seem like a good idea, tell the users hit it and realize they can't find anything. And changing the file format is going to be a huge mess of backwards compatability.
_Tom_
Very bored

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the menubar and UI is purely cosmetics. From the Beta version I have, it's really minor differences. To be honest, however, I have grown too comfortable to learn how to utilize WVista properly. At any rate, this Beta version is like a bootleg of a bootleg; i'm pretty sure the final product will fix all the problems of which you speak. And with change comes learning, so simply navigating through the new Office will bring about just that. But how many of us actually [b][i]want[/i][/b] to change and learn all over again is the question that remains unanswered.
cstdenis
Evil Overlord

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*I* can learn the new office on my own just by using it. But there are millions of stupid people out there that companies will have to pay billions to train.

Think of all the barely computer literate secretaries and stuff who can barely deal with the version they know.
_Tom_
Very bored

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol, you're absolutely right. I myself have been waiting for the Windows Vista ever since I heard about it a year or so ago. And like you said, for those not so well versed in computer navigation, working for large companies, will cost those companies a pretty penny in training. But I am verily sure they won't make it mandatory for workers to have experience in the Vista Op Sys, at least not for some time (I'll say 5 or so years of the Windows OpSys being out on the market).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Computer Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: