Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
E-mail Notifications & Validation Issues

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stratadrake
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 5:04 am    Post subject: E-mail Notifications & Validation Issues Reply with quote

In order to receive automatic e-mail notifications from FAC, you [b][color=red]must[/color][/b] be able to receive e-mail from [b]bounce@fanart-central.net[/b] (and, to a lesser extent, [i]support@fanart-central.net[/i]). This is not an option.

E-mail notifications include not only notices of new comments in your gallery and new pics from your Faved artists, but also notices from site staff as well, in particular notices of any rejected or deleted submissions.

Furthermore, if your e-mail server rejects an e-mail notification as invalid, [i]this will automatically mark your e-mail address as [b]not[/b] validated[/i], which in turn will require that you re-validate your e-mail address before you are allowed to submit artwork or post comments on FAC.

If you need to request a new validation e-mail, log in to the main site with your username and password, review your e-mail address on your profile page, then use this URL:
- http://www.fanart-central.net/revalidate.php

This will send a new validation e-mail to your address.

Similarly, you also need to be to also receive mail from:
- [b]abuse@fanart-central.net[/b] (for replies to image abuse reports)
- [b]support@fanart-central.net[/b] (for replies to support e-mails)

However, unlike automatic notifications, the abuse and support addresses are managed directly by FAC site staff and will not affect whether or not your registered e-mail address is considered valid.
Strata here: [url=http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/242293]Nanowrimo[/url] - [url=www.fanart-central.net/user-Stratadrake.php]FAC[/url] - [url=http://stratadrake.deviantart.com]dA[/url] - [url=www.furaffinity.net/user/Stratadrake/]FA[/url]
[size=9]Disclaimer: Posts may contain URLs. Click [url=http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TVTropesWillRuinYourLife]at your own risk.[/url][/size]

Last edited by Stratadrake on Wed Aug 30, 2006 5:04 pm; edited 2 times in total
Trinity_Fire
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Strata, now I know why it happened.

Uhm, sorry to be troubling you again... but how would you ensure that you DO receive mail from both those addresses? Because I checked all over my email and I couldn't find anywhere to ensure that I got the mail, and I'm worried that I still won't.

My email is at yahoo.com. Sorry for the trouble! Embarassed
Stratadrake
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In most cases, filter and contact list options override the default anti-spam settings.

[b]Gmail users:[/b] Add "bounce@fanart-central.net" to your Contact List.

[b]Hotmail users:[/b] Add "bounce@fanart-central.net" to either your Safe List (Options > Junk E-mail Protection > Safe List) or your Contact List. If an FAC notification winds up in your Junk Mail folder, you can add it to your Contacts / Safe List via the "Not Junk" button.

[b]Yahoo! users:[/b] Go to [i]Mail Options > Filters[/i] and add a filter for [u]bounce@fanart-central.net[/u] .
Strata here: [url=http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/242293]Nanowrimo[/url] - [url=www.fanart-central.net/user-Stratadrake.php]FAC[/url] - [url=http://stratadrake.deviantart.com]dA[/url] - [url=www.furaffinity.net/user/Stratadrake/]FA[/url]
[size=9]Disclaimer: Posts may contain URLs. Click [url=http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TVTropesWillRuinYourLife]at your own risk.[/url][/size]
cstdenis
Evil Overlord

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Notification email have the From and envelope from address set to bounce, but the reply-to is support so support may also need to be whitelisted depending on the mail system.
Trinity_Fire
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So then, add it to the filter list, and anything that contains bounce@fanart-central.net send to inbox? I hope it's working right...
Thanks a lot Strata! Very Happy
rserocki
Newb

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was successfully receiving messages from bounce@Fanart-Central.net, the latest one being August 26

Subject: Your profile has received a new comment
Date: August 26, 2006 11:50:30 AM PDT
To: robert@network.ucsd.edu
Reply-To: support@Fanart-Central.net

but I found my email address had made the bounce list, so I clicked a link a few hours ago to re-validate and haven't gotten anything yet in my email...hmm. UCSD uses a "grey-listing" technique for antispam measures which will issue transitory error messages to unfamiliar email addresses. I wonder if that's what happened? I'll wait until tomorrow before trying another re-validation. My email program would not be deleting the re-validating mail because if something is spam, it only gets put into a junk folder, which I do go through.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
cstdenis
Evil Overlord

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After investigating the log, there may have recently been a mail problem related to the fallback mail relay host.

Try requesting a new one.

This problem should affect only email in which the first try to send failed (which some mail servers intentionally do as a spam protection mechanism)
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: