Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Future Zelda game themes. Any guesses?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Video games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ranger
Rookie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:22 am    Post subject: Future Zelda game themes. Any guesses? Reply with quote

Cool Hey everyone! I've finished playing Twilight princess on the Wii and I was just thinking. When they make the next Legend of Zelda game ('cause they're bound to), what kind of theme would it be based around? Looking back on past Zelda games. OoT was based heavily on time travel. Mmask was centred around masks. Wind waker was mostly about pirates, sailing and finding sunken treasure. Twilight princess had hints of cowboy and farming in it. So what do you all think? What theme do you think or would like to see the next Zelda game based around.
C U 'round.
Ranger.
anti_sk8r
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The next Zelda game is gonne be for the DS. It's called Phantom Hourglass. It picks up where Wind Waker left off with Link and that Zelda girl and her pirates sailing around the world.

Personally, i'd rather see a Zelda game that had a Samurai-esque feel. Where it actually had a somewhat focus on Link's sword skills. Because lets face it: they suck balls. Link just randomly slashes. I want to see him learn how to control it to perfection.

NOT CHANGING THIS SIGNATURE UNTIL THE RELEASE OF NINTENDO WII!...wait. Its here? OMG! SWIIT!
cstdenis
Evil Overlord

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the Twilight Princess being on with wii and gc they could only do so much wimote sword control.

Hopefully the next wii zelda (I hope there is another one for the wii later in the wii's life cycle) will have more sword control.
anti_sk8r
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, rumor has it, it's already in the works. Picked that up from somewhere on gamefaqs forums.

Personally, I don't want to see another Zelda on Wii unless it's A LOT better and I really don't know how much better it could possibly be. I'm talking fully-orchestrated, high-definition (think Oblivion IV) graphics, epic voice acting (cept for Link), enhanced features (1:1 sword play via Wiimote) and longer story (I hear its about 60 hours: I wanna see at least 80).

I know a lot of that isn't available on the Wii. That's why i'm up for waiting another decade for a truly masterpiece Zelda. And don't get me wrong: Twilight Princess is amazing. Possibly the best game in existence right now. That said, it could be so much better.

NOT CHANGING THIS SIGNATURE UNTIL THE RELEASE OF NINTENDO WII!...wait. Its here? OMG! SWIIT!
Stratadrake
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote]high-definition (think Oblivion IV) graphics[/quote]
Good think I finished my breakfast, otherwise I'd have spat it out all over the computer monitor from laughing so hard.

Oblivion's graphics may look [i]technically[/i] great (i.e. the three R's: resolution, reflections, and rendering) but they come up quite lacking in the artistry department. World of Warcraft has a better sense of artistry than that (and of course, from my opinion, nobody can even touch Okami in the art department).
Strata here: [url=http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/242293]Nanowrimo[/url] - [url=www.fanart-central.net/user-Stratadrake.php]FAC[/url] - [url=http://stratadrake.deviantart.com]dA[/url] - [url=www.furaffinity.net/user/Stratadrake/]FA[/url]
[size=9]Disclaimer: Posts may contain URLs. Click [url=http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TVTropesWillRuinYourLife]at your own risk.[/url][/size]
Uchiki
Has No Life

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to see a futuristic looking Zelda game, with a sci-fi like Hyrule castle, and loads of technology. That would be... interesting. But I doubt it would get done.
HerculesRockefeller

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 1:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Future Zelda game themes. Any guesses? Reply with quote

[quote]Cool Hey everyone! I've finished playing Twilight princess on the Wii and I was just thinking. When they make the next Legend of Zelda game ('cause they're bound to), what kind of theme would it be based around? Looking back on past Zelda games. OoT was based heavily on time travel. Mmask was centred around masks. Wind waker was mostly about pirates, sailing and finding sunken treasure. Twilight princess had hints of cowboy and farming in it. So what do you all think? What theme do you think or would like to see the next Zelda game based around.
C U 'round.
Ranger.[/quote]

Majora's mask was far more about time travel than OoT.

The next one will be about smakcin' da hoe 'till she dun shut up. Biatch.
anti_sk8r
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote]Oblivion's graphics may look technically great (i.e. the three R's: resolution, reflections, and rendering) but they come up quite lacking in the artistry department. World of Warcraft has a better sense of artistry than that (and of course, from my opinion, nobody can even touch Okami in the art department).[/quote]
Who was talking about artistry? ''>.>

I certainly hope you didn't blow your cereal all over the moniter over [i]that[/i]. We all know Oblivion comes up bland in the artistic department. However, graphically, LoZ comes up just as short. Oblivion is a good example of the living, breathing world that serves as a backdrop for nearly every RPG.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Video games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: