Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Saddam's Execution
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Politics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
unfocused

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ragingflea002 wrote:
He had a s**tty personality, but he could f**king' rule that country.

Anyone with that shitty a personality could rule that country the way he did. It's not talent to have an iron fist. You say he was a good dictator because his people feared him. I'd say his people feared him because he was powerfully corrupt.

Look at it this way. People would get killed for bad-mouthing him. Imagine how little of American there would be left if Bush was the same.
ragingflea002
Oldbie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're not the world police we once were. We're in no place to even try to take over another country. We're in the hole a couple trillion dollars. We've made enemies by merely forcing our presence in matters that don't concern us.
We took him out for reasons that are no longer valid, as they've admitted that they had no concrete evidence of WMD. Made us look like assholes, and that's how most of the world views us. Whoops. They already know we're lazy. We don't even buy our own products half the time.
Saddam wasn't the target we should've been going after, and he should've been left alone.
Again, he maintained control. Think about how bad we look after going in, taking him out, acting like the fuckin' police, and we still haven't maintained good order where we can stop insurgent attacks on civilians.
Sorry, I think it serves as a point to not get involved. We're losing money, people, and support by doing this.
I'm not asking Bush to be the same at all. I don't care what the man says, and I'm betting Congress won't be impressed either. Considering he's now the minority, he's in a very awkward place.
Even Republicans want him out.
As much as you may disagree, he should've been kept in power long enough for sufficient evidence to have been piled together that he, in fact, did have WMD, had associations with al-Queda, and that we were in danger of him attacking us.
SilverKitsune
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then I'm sure you would just love for him to rule over you, wouldn't you?? You should ask the people over there who were celebrating over his death.

xAmiDarkfieldx wrote:
"Your a bird, I'm a cat of the jungle. Birds can't get pregnant last I checked. They lay eggs."
Brianhjh

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought we were discussing whether Saddam's execution was wrong, in both practical and moral level, not whether you would hate to live under his rule, which are two very different things.
SilverKitsune
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's why that was brought up. Cuase of what he did and what not. UNless you're meaning whether a hanging was humaine.

xAmiDarkfieldx wrote:
"Your a bird, I'm a cat of the jungle. Birds can't get pregnant last I checked. They lay eggs."
fallenangel
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not our job to protect citizens of other countries when we can't even get our own right. There are many other countries in worse shape than Iraq. They're just not fortunate enough to have anything we want. Poor them.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15704030/site/newsweek/

They should get some resources.
unfocused

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No truer words...
ragingflea002
Oldbie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Then I'm sure you would just love for him to rule over you, wouldn't you?? You should ask the people over there who were celebrating over his death.

It's not our job to overthrow people's governments for them. That responsibility lies within the people.
SilverKitsune
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ragingflea002 wrote:
Quote:

It's not our job to overthrow people's governments for them. That responsibility lies within the people.

Opinions.

xAmiDarkfieldx wrote:
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Politics All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: