Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Info And Rules
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Writing Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LadyoftheDeadlyDance
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[b]Who the Heck Are You? [/b]

After a lot of discussion in the fan fiction section, it has been decided that there will be a subforum for fan fiction, much like there is for fan art. Being a fanfic author myself, I and many other people love our reviewers, and yet many of us want a boarder, more in depth review in which we can improve our own writing.
We are here to help fan fiction authors to get better, whether it be grammar wise or content wise. This is the place to get in depth criticism and tips on how to improve on your fanfics, because lets face it, no ones perfect.
So if youre interested, feel free to post your fanfics. ^_^

[b]Rules for the Critique Panel: (note: Subject to Change) [/b]

-[b]No flaming[/b] . Constructive Criticism only, please. We dont want any fights to break out.

-There is no limit to how many people can critique a fic. Its better to have a few varying opinions than one.

-When applying to become a member of the critique panel, please state which animes/mangas/movies/etc, you are familiar with.

-Concentrate on grammar, spelling, and content.

-Do not be bias. If there is a pairing/plot that does not suit you, or if there is a certain genre that does not appeal to you, do not comment. This is not to be mistaken with a plot that needs some constructive criticism or help.

-Post your reviews in the thread started by the author. Use quotes to point out parts that need to be improved or fixed.

[b]Rules for the Submitters: (note: Subject to Change) [/b]

-BE POLITE! If you cannot handle criticism, there is no reason why you should be posting here. Were only trying to help you guys out.

-Before posting your fic, first fill out this form, and paste it onto your post before your link.

[b]- Title and URL
- Rating (include any/all content advisories, e.g. violence, lemon, etc.)
- Type (e.g. fanfic, original fic, crossover, etc.)
- Category (anime/movie/etc. that it's based on, where applicable)
- Genre (e.g. fantasy, romance, action, etc.)
- Pairing (if applicable)
- Summary[/b]

Take this as an example: [list]- Title: Beautiful in Red
- Rating: R (for violence, gore, dark theme, and adult situations)
- Type: Original Fanfiction
- Category: Yu Yu Hakusho
- Genre: Romance, Action/Adventure, Hentai, Supernatural, Fantasy
- Voted Pairing
- An original fanfiction that follows Kurama, Hiei, and the half dragon Terentia (original character) in their journey to stop a ruthless killer set loose in the demon town of Sumire.[/list:u]
-Provide a [b]link[/b] or URL for your story. Please do not copy & paste the story text directly into your post.

-If your fic contains a lemon scene, place the appropriate warning.

-Be patient. If you have a 24 chapter fic that is getting reviewed, its going to take a while.

- One fanfic per submitter each week. For example, if you have two fanfics you want to get critiqued, post one one week, and the next on the following week.

-Indicate whether your stories are poems/original fiction in the genre

-Please, no stupid titles like PLZ READ MY STORY!!!oneone. That will almost guarantee we won't read it.

[b]Rights of the Submitters[/b]

-You dont have to take all the suggestions that are given (although generally it is a good idea).

-If a critique member asks you a question about the context/grammar, explain yourself, they may change their opinion if they know what youre talking about.

-Taking no flames. If there is any problem with one of the critique staff, contact me or another member of the team via e-mail, and we will inspect your case.

Critique Team!

Silver- Gravitation, Inuyasha, Yu Yu Hakusho, Rurouni Kenshin, Kodomo no Omocha (Kodocha), Card Captor Sakura, Gensomaden Sayuki, Love Hina, Demon Diary, Errie Queerie, Ranma , Shaman King, Naruto, D.N.Angel, .Hack//Legend of the Twilights Bracelet, Fruits Basket, FLCL, Wolfs Rain, Witch Hunter Robin, Akira, SD Gundam, Android Kikaider, Original Fiction, X (the movie), Tokyo Babalon, Kiss Me Kill Me, Hana-Kimi, Bleach, Hikaru no Go, Cyborg009, Hellsing, Bleach, Most of the Gundam series, Azumanga Daioh, FAKE, Get-Backers, Detective Conan

Lady of the Deadly Dance (LDD)- Inuyasha, Yu Yu Hakusho, Rurouni Kenshin, Final Fantasy Unlimited, The Demon Ororon, Vampire Game, Pretear, Wolfs Rain, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy 7, 9, and 10, .Hack//Sign, Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit, Naruto, Trigun, Hellsing, Pirates of the Caribbean, Harry Potter, Original Fiction, Mythology (Egyptain, Celtic, Greek, Norse) and practically any other movie known to man, poetry, drabbles

Stratadrake: General, FF7, Original

amerowolf: Final Fantasy 7, 8, 10, 10-2, Inuyasha, Berserk, Bastard!!, Trigun, Rurouni Kenshin/Samurai X, Naruto, Love Hina, DragonBallZ, Fist of the North Star, Witch Hunter Robin, Astro Boy, Cyborg009, Street Fighter 2

Rebus: The Sandman, His Dark Materials, Harry Potter and the like, Discworld, English Tv, miscellaneous books and films, mythology, English literature, and original fiction.

A big, giant thanks goes out to Nate for creating the Fanfic Tutorial, which is an awesome description that is sure to help all writers, professional or fledgling. We encourage you to go check it out, it's great!

Most of all, have fun everybody!

[i](mod edit: Clarified the rule about providing a link or URL to the fic)[/i]
silver_dreams
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it might take me a little while longer to edit fics since i use alot of HTML coding (italics, bold, etc.) ^^;;;

but i will try my best and do all i can!
silver_dreams
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i can do most any anime.

i know alot of the not-so-popular animes, the non-mainstream ones.
LadyoftheDeadlyDance
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote]forgot to add a couple fanfiction fandoms I can beta-read:[/quote]

Tis edited ^_^ .

[quote]i know alot of the not-so-popular animes, the non-mainstream ones. [/quote]

I noticed, typing your list up was a pain Laughing

As stated before, more volunteers for the panel are wanted.
silver_dreams
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="akutatsu_no_kuno_hi (zinovia)"] It may be neccessary to first see whther a volunteer is capable of posting strong, constructive reviews without flaming.
Well, that shouldn't be too hard... [/quote]
plus, they have to be a good writer. no idiots who can't form a simple sentance.

i think i've proved myself with my job in editing LDD's fic. ^_____^
LadyoftheDeadlyDance
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep yep. ^_^

I hope I'm cut out for the job. Uneasy
silver_dreams
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dun worry, you are :lol:

it just takes patience though.

it took me a total of about 3 hours to edit jsut your fic, LDD. if you use HTML coding and really concentrate on catching every little thing that sounds funny, it can take ages.
Stratadrake
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote]It may be neccessary to first see whther a volunteer is capable of posting strong, constructive reviews without flaming.
Well, that shouldn't be too hard...[/quote]

I'd like to volunteer! Here's an example of how I usually do comments for fics (FF.net style):
http://www.fanfiction.net/r/1402298/0/1/

I don't really have many specialties, since I don't read many fics, so consider me one for the "general" review style....

(PS: You should edit the forum info post again, you typed "Rules for the Critique Panel" twice Wink)
Strata here: [url=http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/242293]Nanowrimo[/url] - [url=www.fanart-central.net/user-Stratadrake.php]FAC[/url] - [url=http://stratadrake.deviantart.com]dA[/url] - [url=www.furaffinity.net/user/Stratadrake/]FA[/url]
[size=9]Disclaimer: Posts may contain URLs. Click [url=http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TVTropesWillRuinYourLife]at your own risk.[/url][/size]
LadyoftheDeadlyDance
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote]I'd like to volunteer! [/quote]

Welcome aboard! ^_^
Stratadrake
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote]JUst out of curiousity, did the author follow your reviews and did what you suggested?[/quote]

In short, yes and no. Of the few stories I've read/reviewed on FF.net, some authors like the advice I give and decide they should try some of it, other authors like the advice but say that they'll still do it their way.
Strata here: [url=http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/242293]Nanowrimo[/url] - [url=www.fanart-central.net/user-Stratadrake.php]FAC[/url] - [url=http://stratadrake.deviantart.com]dA[/url] - [url=www.furaffinity.net/user/Stratadrake/]FA[/url]
[size=9]Disclaimer: Posts may contain URLs. Click [url=http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TVTropesWillRuinYourLife]at your own risk.[/url][/size]
silver_dreams
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^___^

welcome, Strata! ^_^
amerowolf
How can I get a custom title thing?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok art i may not be so good at but fan fiction that i can do.
things i am familar with:
ff7, ff8, ff10, ff10-2, inuyasha, yu yu hakusho, berserk, bastard!!, trigun, kenshin/samurai x, naruto, love hina, and i am also familar with a wide variety of games and other less popular anime.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
silver_dreams
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oi, LDD. i remembered more animes i am familar with to add to the list ^^;;

X (the movie)
Tokyo Babalon
Kill Me Kiss Me
Hana-Kimi
Bleach
Hikaru no Go
Cyborg 009

^____^
amerowolf
How can I get a custom title thing?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh yeah i also know older anime. yeah the old school stuff like cyborg 009 and astroboy. hey i remeber some more now:
dragon ball z (never really watched the other ones)
fist of the norht star
witch hunter robin
street fighter 2
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
silver_dreams
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="akutatsu_no_kuno_hi (zinovia)"]
Off topic question to silver: are you stil inteterested in running a fanfiction site? [/quote]
sure, why?

silver_dreams
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="akutatsu_no_kuno_hi (zinovia)"] I was up all night last night (had too much highly-caffenated chai tea...) and I somehow found a place for free message boards, and free webhosting...with free promotions, and unlimited bandwidth, yadda yadda....(half awake here so bear with me Rolling eyes ).

Just a thought. Wink [/quote]
i already know a good site that you can get free forums from...it isn't half bad for being free.

wanna make a site?
silver_dreams
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="akutatsu_no_kuno_hi (zinovia)"] Very Happy What I was going to suggest Very Happy
Heck, I even found a free chatrooms channel. Laughing The internet is a mysterious place...
edit: better take this to the pm's, as this the rules thread. [/quote]
indeed :lol:

IM me and we can talk about how to set up the site and whatever.

EDIT: my computer will not allow me to PM people...
silver_dreams
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no idea...
silver_dreams
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="akutatsu_no_kuno_hi (zinovia)"] (this will be the last time I post an off-topic thread, so this may have to be moved to that spam forum)

Either email or the spam thread, that's all I can think of... Uneasy [/quote]
email;'s easier.
LadyoftheDeadlyDance
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome amerowolf! The rules/regulations have been edited.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Writing Help All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: