Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Info And Rules
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Writing Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stratadrake
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have two ideas I'd like to put up for consideration. Both of these are similar to ones we've adopted in the art Critique Panel forums:

NALB - No Author Left Behind. We all know it takes a lot of time to read and critique stories (as compared to art). Still, if there's a story that's been left alone for, say, 2 week without comment, shouldn't we Panel members get caught up on it? A simple way to make sure that all stories submitted for critique eventually receive one.

"Babble Board". This forum is Quiet with a capital Q. How about a topic for Panel members to discuss whatever? Kinda like the "babble board" thread in the art Critique Panel forum. As a way to keep [i]some[/i] activity trickling through these forums.
Strata here: [url=http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/242293]Nanowrimo[/url] - [url=www.fanart-central.net/user-Stratadrake.php]FAC[/url] - [url=http://stratadrake.deviantart.com]dA[/url] - [url=www.furaffinity.net/user/Stratadrake/]FA[/url]
[size=9]Disclaimer: Posts may contain URLs. Click [url=http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TVTropesWillRuinYourLife]at your own risk.[/url][/size]
LadyoftheDeadlyDance
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

O_O That's an awesome idea Strata! ^^ Would you like to make the "Babble Board?" It's a very very good idea, man.

Oh yes, and I'd also like to put this up for suggestion. I know it's been said a few times, but it hasn't been discussed fully. Should there be a quota to how many fics a panel member must review? That way everybody has a chance at critiquing a fic.
silver_dreams
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="LadyoftheDeadlyDance (LDD)"] O_O That's an awesome idea Strata! ^^ Would you like to make the "Babble Board?" It's a very very good idea, man.

Oh yes, and I'd also like to put this up for suggestion. I know it's been said a few times, but it hasn't been discussed fully. Should there be a quota to how many fics a panel member must review? That way everybody has a chance at critiquing a fic. [/quote]
i like for there to be a certain number of fics a member must critique a month to stay on the panel, but no limit to how many they can because there's no way to tell how many stories will be posted for critique.

LDD: to add to my list of mangas i know about:

FAKE
Get-Backers
Detective Conan
Stratadrake
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote] O_O That's an awesome idea Strata! ^^ Would you like to make the "Babble Board?" It's a very very good idea, man. [/quote]

Sure, I have a few ideas I could try to make it interesting. For the art Critique Panel babble thread, the rule is to post a weird fact about yourself at the end of each post, but I can think up something fanfic-related to keep this one different from that one.

[quote]i like for there to be a certain number of fics a member must critique a month to stay on the panel, but no limit to how many they can because there's no way to tell how many stories will be posted for critique.[/quote]

I must admit that so far there's been almost no fics posted here whose genres I am familiar with. A downside to my lack of versing in anime?
Strata here: [url=http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/242293]Nanowrimo[/url] - [url=www.fanart-central.net/user-Stratadrake.php]FAC[/url] - [url=http://stratadrake.deviantart.com]dA[/url] - [url=www.furaffinity.net/user/Stratadrake/]FA[/url]
[size=9]Disclaimer: Posts may contain URLs. Click [url=http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TVTropesWillRuinYourLife]at your own risk.[/url][/size]
LadyoftheDeadlyDance
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="akutatsu_no_kuno_hi (zinovia)"] I'm afraid I have to drop out of the critique panel. Lately I have never had time to do my job, and I'm betting it's going to get worse in the near future. It's not just school work that's getting in the way...and my computer at home is broken as well. [/quote]
;_; awww...you'll be sorely missed, Zin. Feel free to come back anytime though.

Stratadrake
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must admit if there is/were a quota, I'm not sure I'd be very able to meet it. Either that or my empty schedule needs rescheduling....
silver_dreams
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

don't worry, Strata, it's not your fault that 95% of FAC are mindless anime-loving fangirls...

i'm sure something will pop up for you soon..hopefully.. o.o

don't mind me. 4-5 hrs of sleep + cold medication does strange things to your brain at 1:15 in the morn...
xWildfirEx
Has No Life

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*lurks*

:ph34r:
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
LadyoftheDeadlyDance
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

O_O

A lurker!

After her! XD

silver_dreams
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol.

Spook, why are you lurking around this thread?
xWildfirEx
Has No Life

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What? Why can't I? it isn't against the law, is it? No it isn't!

*lurks in box*
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
silver_dreams
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

o.o but it is spammy...
amerowolf
How can I get a custom title thing?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="silver_dreams (silver)"] don't worry, Strata, it's not your fault that 95% of FAC are mindless anime-loving fangirls...

[/quote]
WTF? that's alot of fangirls

i am i considered in that 95% ?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
silver_dreams
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

perhaps...
Rebus
Very bored

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since silver_dreams stamped on my one excuse not to join, I'd like to apply to join the team, if and when you have a space . . . .

I'm familiar with...
The Sandman, His Dark Materials, Harry Potter and other children's fantasy, Discworld, English tv, a fair amount of miscellaneous books and films, a decent amount of mythology, a good smattering of English literature over the past few centuries... this and that really Smile Plus original fiction of course.

I know nothing about Anime, Manga or American literature beyond the real classics.

R
LadyoftheDeadlyDance
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^_^ I'm SOOO glad you decided to join! I shall post your info right this moment.
Rebus
Very bored

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thankyou ^_^ Now, how long do I have to be a member for before getting a key to the biscuit barrel?

R
LadyoftheDeadlyDance
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

O.O Excuse my ignorant American ways but...huh? Do you mean how long you have to be a member to critique fics? None at all, you can start critiquing now. And your information has been posted in the original post ^^
Rebus
Very bored

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I was just being silly.

Supposedly, allowing an employee unsupervised access to the biscuits marks the end of their initiation into a new workplace.

What can I say? We like our biscuits Cool

R
silver_dreams
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome! So glad you decided to join!

^____________________^
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Writing Help All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: