Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Spiderman 3
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> TV & Movies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alpha_zero
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 1:26 am    Post subject: Spiderman 3 Reply with quote

Whose seen it?

I figured if I didn't see it quick I'd know the story inside-out 'cause of people at school. Rolling Eyes Anyway, I thought it was really good, if not a bit too long and stretched out in places, which kind of killed the climax for me, being the kind of person who isn't very good at sitting still...

Anyway, what did people think of it? Did it live up too the hype?
scanbomb
Oldbie

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Alpha_zero"]Whose seen it?

I figured if I didn't see it quick I'd know the story inside-out 'cause of people at school. Rolling Eyes Anyway, I thought it was really good, if not a bit too long and stretched out in places, which kind of killed the climax for me, being the kind of person who isn't very good at sitting still...

Anyway, what did people think of it? Did it live up too the hype?[/quote] It was the best Spider man I had ever seen. There was a bunch of action.
Alpha_zero
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="scanbomb"][quote="Alpha_zero"]Whose seen it?

Anyway, what did people think of it? Did it live up too the hype?[/quote] It was the best Spider man I had ever seen. There was a bunch of action.[/quote]

Perhaps the because of the fact it's an action movie...
HerculesRockefeller

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Already said, s**t sucked.

Emo Spiderman + not enough Venom + Venom did not do his tonngue thing + Venom was a pussy.

Also, Sandman. What the f**k is with Humanizing Villians? f***ing spiderman cartoon series was better and more though out than the movie. Movie tried to hard to be a drama, not a comic book movie, and Generic Comic Book Movie > Great Drama.

IE, Ghost Rider > The Queen
scanbomb
Oldbie

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heck no. Spider man 3 rocked!
Honjetan
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have to agree with Rockfeller's points. I was expecting an action-movie/comic-book adaption movie. Not some kind of tear-driven drama. In fact, when I was watching at the theaters, the majority of the audience was laughing during those supposed 'sad' sequences.

Oh, and Peter Parker = Badass? I don't think so. That sequence was just... stupid.

Last edited by Honjetan on Wed May 09, 2007 3:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
scanbomb
Oldbie

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your right. Because there is no Peter Parket
London

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

His right, indeed.
Honjetan
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well fuck, my mistake.
unfocused

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, the movie was good. And will still be among the best ever, box office-wise.

Nothing wrong with giving Spiderman emotion, making him more human. More vulnerable. They showed a side of him that everyone can relate to. You get pissed, feel invincible, and feel as tho nothing can stop you. Only to find out that you aren't as powerful as you thought. That you're actually being beaten. And in the end, you have to face yourself, that angry side.

It's more comic-book-adapting than you think. First of all, most of you here don't know jack about Spiderman and Venom and the Symbiote. The entire Venom story WAS DERIVED FROM THE COMICS. And it was done right.

An alien symbiote attaches itself to spiderman. Check.
Symbiote gives him a powerful feeling of confidence. Check
Spiderman begins losing himself to the newer, more stronger power he has. Check
Spiderman alienates the people who love him. He becomes fearless, while making his enemies fear him even more. He is careless, or rather... care[i]free[/i]. He takes on a sort of Batman attitude towards crime, becoming more ruthless in his vigilante fight. Only to look at himself one day and see what he has become. Yes, check.

So anyone saying this was more drama than comic-book, just stfu.

There couldn't have been enough Venom anyway you want to look at it. Spiderman goes through the whole Symbiote phase over a long period of time. In the stories, this has to be believable, so they have the stories of how he fell from grace, it's a carefully and well-done drawn out story arc. It took a longer time than any 2 hour movie can squeeze in. And afterwards, he does face Venom, the rogue Symbiote suit who uses Eddie Brock after Peter Parker escapes from it.

hmm, what else? [quote="HerculesRockefeller"]
Movie tried to hard to be a drama, not a comic book movie, and Generic Comic Book Movie > Great Drama.

IE, Ghost Rider > The Queen[/quote] If you're going to be ashamed about any comic-book movie of '07, be ashamed of Ghostrider. The way they fucked a beautiful story up like that is just too unnecessary. They turned a story driven by vengeance, madness, power and corruption into... a love story.........
scanbomb
Oldbie

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="unfocused"]Ah, the movie was good. And will still be among the best ever, box office-wise.

Nothing wrong with giving Spiderman emotion, making him more human. More vulnerable. They showed a side of him that everyone can relate to. You get pissed, feel invincible, and feel as tho nothing can stop you. Only to find out that you aren't as powerful as you thought. That you're actually being beaten. And in the end, you have to face yourself, that angry side.

It's more comic-book-adapting than you think. First of all, most of you here don't know jack about Spiderman and Venom and the Symbiote. The entire Venom story WAS DERIVED FROM THE COMICS. And it was done right.

An alien symbiote attaches itself to spiderman. Check.
Symbiote gives him a powerful feeling of confidence. Check
Spiderman begins losing himself to the newer, more stronger power he has. Check
Spiderman alienates the people who love him. He becomes fearless, while making his enemies fear him even more. He is careless, or rather... care[i]free[/i]. He takes on a sort of Batman attitude towards crime, becoming more ruthless in his vigilante fight. Only to look at himself one day and see what he has become. Yes, check.

So anyone saying this was more drama than comic-book, just stfu.

There couldn't have been enough Venom anyway you want to look at it. Spiderman goes through the whole Symbiote phase over a long period of time. In the stories, this has to be believable, so they have the stories of how he fell from grace, it's a carefully and well-done drawn out story arc. It took a longer time than any 2 hour movie can squeeze in. And afterwards, he does face Venom, the rogue Symbiote suit who uses Eddie Brock after Peter Parker escapes from it.

hmm, what else? [quote="HerculesRockefeller"]
Movie tried to hard to be a drama, not a comic book movie, and Generic Comic Book Movie > Great Drama.

IE, Ghost Rider > The Queen[/quote] If you're going to be ashamed about any comic-book movie of '07, be ashamed of Ghostrider. The way they f***ed a beautiful story up like that is just too unnecessary. They turned a story driven by vengeance, madness, power and corruption into... a love story.........[/quote] At least you agree with me. That movie was really action-packed and had a lot of comic-related subjects.
HerculesRockefeller

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote]It's more comic-book-adapting than you think. First of all, most of you here don't know jack about Spiderman and Venom and the Symbiote. The entire Venom story WAS DERIVED FROM THE COMICS. And it was done right. [/quote]

No it wasn't. The meteorite showed up WAY to randomly, instead of being brought back for reserch. Spider Man had almost no change with th Symbiote suit, while Peter Parker had far to much of a change.

My primary problem is that they killed of Venom. I was really looking forward to Spider Man 4 having Venom and Carnage wreaking havoc.
scanbomb
Oldbie

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think there is going to be Spider Man 4.
London

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard that they were considering one.
scanbomb
Oldbie

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know that. And they were considering another actor to play Peter Parker.
Dark_Angel_Of_Light
Rejecting Your Masterpieces

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought it was an amusing movie. Kept me entertained. My friends and I thought it was humorous with the emo scenes. One of them(my friends) had to cover her mouth really tight, otherwise she would have burst out laughing. And when you're sitting in the back of the theater, there can be some echoes. Smile
scanbomb
Oldbie

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol
unfocused

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="HerculesRockefeller"]No it wasn't. The meteorite showed up WAY to randomly, instead of being brought back for reserch. Spider Man had almost no change with th Symbiote suit, while Peter Parker had far to much of a change.[/quote]

How does that make any difference with anything?

With or without the suit, Spiderman was different. In person, he was more confident. You probably noticed this more because they had his [i]changing[/i] scene with him out of the suit, when he went strutting around. And in the suit, he was a more fierce vigilante with only a very few scenes of him fighting while in the Symbiote. Spiderman = Peter Parker, btw. He didn't take the suit off much after he discovered it. He wore it under his clothes much of the time, so yeah, when he was being emo he was still Spiderman (the scene with he and Harry before the climax proves this. He wore the suit underneath his clothes but still fought like Spiderman).

The biggest problem with movie adaptations is the time in which they are given to tell a story that sometimes have years of history behind it. They have to leave out much of the actual story, and are pressured to make sense of that broken story. The movie was too long already, they had to cut lots of scenes to fit the time frame they were given. You can't really blame them for this, because the fans wanted Venom. But there just wasn't enough air time to tell his story in length.

I'd love to see him in the next movie to. And there's still a small chance he might return, since the Symbiote has a new host. He's no longer using Eddie Brock in the comics. Or they might just move on to Carnage, which is what I am hoping for.

Edit: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0948470/ there's going to be a Spiderman 4. Tobey Maguire said he'd return only if Raimi does. No one else can make a Spiderman 4 make sense with the others, only Raimi can. Without Tobey it wouldn't be Spiderman. So if we lose Raimi, the series is basically over with. But for now, it seems Raimi is signed on for the fourth movie.

Last edited by unfocused on Wed May 09, 2007 7:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
scanbomb
Oldbie

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess they could make another movie but then would it keep going? Or would the fans be tired of it?
unfocused

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt there will be a part 5. One more with Carnage would be excellent
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> TV & Movies All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: