Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Eurovision

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> TV & Movies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KeheiZero
Elder In Training

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 12:40 pm    Post subject: Eurovision Reply with quote

Who watched the semi-finals last night? And are you planning on watching the finals tomorrow?

UK are gonna get humped royally. I don't think a worse act could have been picked. Still, the UK never does have high expectations of it's entries. And did you notice how many acts this year are going down the rock/metal road? Must be hoping the effect Lordi had on last year's contest will work again.

But as for the voting, how many countries are in Europe? Even bloody Andorra had an act. They shouldn't be counted as a real country. And who knows, maybe old Wogan will put his foot in his mouth again tomorrow. We can only hope.
Alpha_zero
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whose representing the UK this time round?

I really don't watch it, but I'd like too know who I'm supposed to be backing.
KeheiZero
Elder In Training

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scooch. Some pop band with an airline gimmick.
Alpha_zero
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes Oh joy.
KeheiZero
Elder In Training

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bloody Eastern Europe. You don't need to watch the voting, all you need to do is get a map and see who is neighbours with who.

UK didn't end up with nil pois, which is a relief. Remember when it happened to Gemini? All the papers said it was a travesty and we should have to seriously rethink our opinion of the contest. We don't need a rethink, we just need people to stop voting for crappy acts to represent us.

And Cyprus gave 12 points to Greece. [i]Again.[/i] Rolling Eyes

And the Wogster was on top form as usual. Laughing
Alpha_zero
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eurovision isn't about the songs anymore.

No offence too anyone, but I thought Ukraine's was terribe (And I mean, those costumes scared the hell out of me) and I could see what the were trying too say, that they'd shaken off communism and were trying too prove it. But they were right up at the top from the beginning!

Russia did well didn't they? With another typical pop act you could find pretty much anywhere in the West. I think the concept of letting nations vote has really killed the Eurovision. And the boredom of sitting the collecting of all the vote...

...But Wogan was on top form, which was enough too keep me awake.
KeheiZero
Elder In Training

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But watching the voting is the best part! And Ukraine [i]were[/i] bad. Like Wogan said. A bad Timmy mallet lookalike. And the Turkish entry looked like George Micheal in a Butlins jacket.
Alpha_zero
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol, there [i]were[/i] some really good songs in there. Too bad no one was voting according too quality.

Serbia...There just didn't seem too be anything definingly special about it. And was it a man or a woman singing?
Which country ripped off Frank Sinatra with Roger Cicero or something? Was it Germany?
TK421
Elder In Training

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh right, last place.
Kes
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watched it and didn't agree that Serbia should have won. Thought a man was going to sing at first............ Shocked
UK wasn't the greatest, hate scooh! But thought there was worse.
I think the Greece one reminded me of Ricky Martin way to much.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> TV & Movies All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: