Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
PETA
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Politics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheUltimateEye
Newb

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:04 am    Post subject: PETA Reply with quote

PETA pisses me off. It's not like I'm trying to promote animal abuse and there should be some laws like no drowining puppies and stuff, but they go way to far. When you try to give animals equal rights, thats when you get on my nerves. And come on, what the hell is with the vegan crap. Humans have been eating other animals for millions of years, so have the other animals they seem to love so freakin much. I really wouldn't mind that if they didn't try to get normal minded people like me to join in on their crazy animal fetish and if they weren't so damn smug and self-important about it! These are the same kind of people who would rather save an animals life than that of a human beings; that's freakin' scary man.
jhonenfreak
Elder In Training

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They do go overboard. They should promote little stuff like not to kick your dog. Instead they seem to impose their beliefs on people who just want to enjoy their hamburger. Besides, cows are dee-lishious, and if they've already been killed for food there's no sense in letting the leather go to waste. And lobsters don't have central nervous systems. So there.
Still very bored

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jhonenfreak wrote:
And lobsters don't have central nervous systems. So there.

How true, how true...

Yeah, really though... PETA gets on my nerves...
SilverKitsune
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

. I don't want shit like make-up or other harmful chemicals used on defenseless animals. They have feelings they feel pain. I hate animal abuse, so fucking much. If I ever saw someone beating an animal, I swear to god, I'd pick up the largest thing I could and beat their pathetic ass down. And in those torture houses where they kill the animals for food, there are better ways to kill animals than slitting their throat.

[edit] ASPCA > PETA.

Thanks for the imput squid.

xAmiDarkfieldx wrote:
"Your a bird, I'm a cat of the jungle. Birds can't get pregnant last I checked. They lay eggs."

Last edited by SilverKitsune on Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:20 am; edited 2 times in total
WizardoftheWood
Has No Life

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's funny when they attack people. Razz
fallenangel
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think people who support PETA haven't looked into them enough, and are only supportive of the very vague theories about what PETA stands for.

They kill more animals than they save. Most animals that they "rescue" are then put down by them. They believe...and outright state in their literature...that animals are better off dead than in captivity. That includes reservations and your beloved housepets.

If you're going to support animal rights, try to pick one that doesn't slaughter just as many dogs as any animal shelter.
Squidman
Very Oldbie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SilverKitsune wrote:
YOu know what? I actually appriciate the PETA people. I don't want s**t like make-up or other harmful chemicals used on defenseless animals. They have feelings they feel pain. I hate animal abuse, so f**king much.

Then support the ASPCA. If you think PETAs helping anyone then you're just another bored city kid who thinks that psycho vegans present an accurate, unbiased arguement.

Slaughterhouses try to keep an animal as calm and content as they can before they kill them because stress causes their meat to take on an unpleasant flavour and texture. Modern slaughterhouses are designed without corners so as not to disorient the animals, and were drawn up by an Autistic woman with a PhD who designed them based on her firsthand knowledge of what causes stress in creatures that are exceptionally preceptive to their environments. Obviously not all slaughterhouses are going to be this advanced, but they produce a poor quality product and get less business. PETA presents low-grade establishments as the industry standard for shock value.

Animals used for food and fur are treated quite well in most cases. In the 1970's in England, an animal liberation group broke into a mink farm and freed all of the minks, only to have them all return to the farm the next day, waiting to be fed. The Canadian surgeon who pioneered the field of open heart surgery has said that once they have made the decision to use an animal for research purposes, they make every effort to keep it as comfotrable as possible. Obviously you see some pretty unsettling things come out of those labs, but the animals are not being needlessly tortured. David Suzuki has written essays against using chimpanzees in AIDS research, talking about how a hundred chimps have died over the past decade, or something to that extent. 18,000 humans die because of AIDS in the United States every year. I value 18,000 human lives more than that of ten monkeys.

PETA destroys the majority of the animals they "rescue". They also spend more money yearly on propaganda pamphlets and busting members out of jail than they do on actually helping animals. They have called for the complete and utter elimination of "unnatural" dog breeds like Pit Bulls. In 1999 alone they euthanized more than 1,300 cats and dogs, and that number only increases as they grow. They have also freed herds of cattle only to have them stampede to their deaths from exhaustion, hunger, and dehydration. PETA's ultimate goal is "total animal liberation," meaning that they do not support humans keeping animals in any way. They go so far as to say that training dogs to help the blind and even just the act of keeping pets in general is animal abuse.

PETA compares chickens to Jewish Holocaust victims. They claim that Christians and Muslims misinterpret their own religion, saying that Jesus and Muhammed were vegans. They attempt to make the militant Animal Liberation Front appeal to children. They have gone on record saying that even if Animal testing presented a cure for AIDS, they would still be opposed to it. The big kicker is that The co-Founder and (I believe) current PETA president has diabetes and used animal based insulin, pardoning herself by saying that she was only doing it so she could continue to live and save animals. At the same time she openly condones violent action against the people who provide society with such medical advances.

Obviously not all PETA supporters are as extreme as the ones in charge, but anyone who supports the group without believing in all that bullshit they spout is opposed to the core fndamentals of the group. People who say they support PETA but don't think it's right to devalue human life like they do are like Neo-Nazis who join the organization because they think that swastica's look cool.

Quote:
I hate animal abuse, so f**king much. If I ever saw someone beating an animal, I swear to god, I'd pick up the largest thing I could and beat their pathetic ass down.

Sometimes the only way animals learn is through dicipline. Do not hesitate to turn them on your lap and smack it till it's pink.

::FAC::DA::Blog::LJ::
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SilverKitsune
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just reading the first sentence of every paragraph was wnough to get most of the story. I read the rest later.

xAmiDarkfieldx wrote:
"Your a bird, I'm a cat of the jungle. Birds can't get pregnant last I checked. They lay eggs."
Squidman
Very Oldbie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And that's how you write an essay. Razz

::FAC::DA::Blog::LJ::
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
falkonns_flight
Has No Life

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not taking any classes this semester that require writing any essays, so reading them makes me nauseous.
Anyways, PETA is right in some ways, wrong in a lot of others. The whole meat thing...I don't really think locking a cow in a cage and force feeding it so it will grow fatter faster, therefore making farms more money-- DEFINATELY not cool. BUUUT, I do like my meat. If it moos when I cut into it, it's done just right. God, I'm evil. Humans were meant to eat meat, or our digestive tracts and teeth would be designed differently.
As for the furs, it was ok up until the 19th centuries where we started using cotton, then artificial fabrics, to keep warm. Up to a point, furs were all that kept us warm. But it's not really necessary anymore. Now its a pointless expression of "Oh, look at me, I can afford animal furs". It's ok if you have one fur coat, but when you have fifteen, its sorta stupid. Pointless, really. That's what faux fur is for.
AND having worked in animal shelters, euthanasia is completely necessary. God knows I love animals, but at the rate they reproduce-- and because in these times of easy meals and central livable areas-- they'll overrun not only us, but themselves. It means competing for food, living space, easily spread diseases (for them and us). And that's just listing the obvious stuff.
PETA tends to not look at that, but what they WANT to see. They see the cute animal, with it's sad eyes that scream innocence. They don't worry what will happen to humans in the long run...

Trespassers will be shot. Survivors will be shot again...as well it should be. If you're not sure it's dead, put a bunch more holes in it, should fix the problem...
trueliesaa
Forum Scalleywag

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

peta may go a little overboard, but they do it for a reason... maybe eating cows and pigs and sh-t isn't too bad, but we kill more than that, and we don't always kill for food, either... we kill because a lot of people just want to see things die...

ahh the coyote, the beautiful and wonderful creation of nature, and one of the greatest and most entertaining animals to watch in its natural habitat... but what have we done...

here is a video of the terrible coyote tragedies that occure the us, and there are plenty more, too, but please do not watch this if you are squeamish, as it is REAL footage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TksB9msUKo

and you know what, the people are PAID MONEY for that demented sh-t

now before you raise the arguement that everybody else seems to want to raise, I will bring it up for you

"coyotes kill cows, sheep, livestock, and even sometimes pets... they're a varmint and a burden to society..."

bullsh-t, people who raise cows, [and I should know, living in Idaho and all] have hundreds of them... coyotes take one or two.... big whoop... they've already had time to reproduce, and the farmer isn't really losing sh-t

of course, than there's the idea that their over-populated, and that we need to reduce the population, but that makes me want to laugh

SINCE WHEN DID HUMANS GET THE RIGHT TO PLAY GOD AND LIMIT ANIMAL POPULATIONS?

this sh-t aint right, and if you think it is, you are nothing but demented... it haas to stop! It has to.
Zekk
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trueliesaa wrote:
peta may go a little overboard, but they do it for a reason... maybe eating cows and pigs and sh-t isn't too bad, but we kill more than that, and we don't always kill for food, either... we kill because a lot of people just want to see things die...

ahh the coyote, the beautiful and wonderful creation of nature, and one of the greatest and most entertaining animals to watch in its natural habitat... but what have we done...

here is a video of the terrible coyote tragedies that occure the us, and there are plenty more, too, but please do not watch this if you are squeamish, as it is REAL footage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TksB9msUKo

and you know what, the people are PAID MONEY for that demented sh-t

now before you raise the arguement that everybody else seems to want to raise, I will bring it up for you

"coyotes kill cows, sheep, livestock, and even sometimes pets... they're a varmint and a burden to society..."

bullsh-t, people who raise cows, [and I should know, living in Idaho and all] have hundreds of them... coyotes take one or two.... big whoop... they've already had time to reproduce, and the farmer isn't really losing sh-t

of course, than there's the idea that their over-populated, and that we need to reduce the population, but that makes me want to laugh

SINCE WHEN DID HUMANS GET THE RIGHT TO PLAY GOD AND LIMIT ANIMAL POPULATIONS?

this sh-t aint right, and if you think it is, you are nothing but demented... it haas to stop! It has to.

Since we figured out the gun honey. Personally I could care less. I don't give a flying fuck about preserving anything not vital to life. If you can prove to me that cyotes play a vital part in MY survivle I'll do something to stop the hunting. Untill then I don't give a flying fuck. Survivle of the one who fights back, and kills, and wins. We have the weapons, we have the ability to kill, we are (for the somewhat/mostpart) in control. Fucking live with it.

This is coming from a fairly liberal democrat. Not a hick, not a Repub, not a fundie.
Brianhjh

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate animals, but that doesn't stop me from eating them, they should feel welcomed.
fallenangel
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
peta may go a little overboard, but they do it for a reason...

Yes, to push their extremist views on people. Do you have/like pets? PETA wants to kill them. If you don't agree with ALL pets being wrong, ALL zoos being wrong, ALL "unnatural" breeds being exterminated, you shouldn't be supporting PETA at all.

There are plenty of other organizations out there that are far more worth your support than the media whores who want to kill your dog.

You can't pick which parts you agree with. If you're supporting PETA, you're supporting ALL of their goals.
falkonns_flight
Has No Life

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saying that we could do well with no coyotes in the world is just plain stupid. The enviroment is a fickle thing, and ecological balance is delicate. I don't think that hunting them is wrong, especially if they're effecting your livestock. But hunting them for fun, like that video shows, is just sick. Whoever did that has no heart whatsoever. To want to watch an animal suffer like that is disgusting. Just kill the freaking thing if you're gonna do it, but don't shoot it in the leg and film it chewing it off.

Trespassers will be shot. Survivors will be shot again...as well it should be. If you're not sure it's dead, put a bunch more holes in it, should fix the problem...
trueliesaa
Forum Scalleywag

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

and thats not even the worst one, either... i wouldn't have such a problem with it if it were done differently... but the way most hunters do it just sickens me... they use a caller, which is a device that generates the sounds of jackrabbits, so the coyote thinks there is food there, or else they just smooch at it, just like calling a pet...

oftentimes, they will call the animal so close that they could reach out and pet the damn thing, and it just stands there, staring, as if that is exactly what it wants, to be petted, but they'd rather just blow its brains out

its sick, i tell you, and something must be done
fallenangel
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well then, since we're sharing videos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9ijLulwUTY
falkonns_flight
Has No Life

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For food? No problemo. I like my steak to still moo when I cut into it. But hunting for pleasure, or simply to see the animal suffer-- that's just wrong.

tarlrawksu
Very bored

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

omg peta is for fags and fat bich feminist girls real men eat meat and real men sleep with furs cuz thats how they do it in long ago days a girls Master hates peta cuz they r evil like oprah and a girl hates them 2 cuz they r bad bad bad like a bad slave girl that needs beat but america is 2 pussed 2 do it cuz even men r women and they wont beat peta cuz she needs it!!!!!!!!!
Zekk
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tarlrawksu wrote:
omg peta is for fags and fat bich feminist girls real men eat meat and real men sleep with furs cuz thats how they do it in long ago days a girls Master hates peta cuz they r evil like oprah and a girl hates them 2 cuz they r bad bad bad like a bad slave girl that needs beat but america is 2 pussed 2 do it cuz even men r women and they wont beat peta cuz she needs it!!!!!!!!!

I hope this is an april fools post, or your screwed...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Politics All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: