Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Face Your Fears

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LadyoftheDeadlyDance
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure we've each had them. A moment in time in which we were scared to death by things we could not explain, or maybe we can. Things that have tickled our brains, causing fears to emerge from figments of our imagination...or are they figments? Things that have made our hearts pound and our palms sweat and our throats to grow dry in absolute terror and uncertainty. Things that go *bump* in the night, perhaps? So what are your experiances with events of the frightful? Supernatural? Nightmares? Whisps of our subconsicous minds? Who really knows for sure....? No holds barried. All tools of terror are encouraged. Details wanted. May fears be unleased...buwhaha.
silver_dreams
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

being locked in a school bathroom when the lights are off and i can't see s**t.

the mirrors... Uneasy
itsjustme
Newb

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, there was that time in 5th grade. I was kidnapped by my boy friends dad for a few days. ummm... I dont really want to get into many details about that. Well this was a bad idea.
silver_dreams
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

O.o

i won't ask why..
itsjustme
Newb

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks. Because you wouldnt get an answer. makes me seem less rood that way.
slimfast
Very bored

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my scary moments? hmmm...when my dog died. when my uncle died...when i thought somthing in my room talked to me...when i got stolen. thats about it though. :huh:
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ragingflea002
Oldbie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My scariest moments occur when I think. Particulary about reality.

Oh, thou would die within my brain.

By the way, Misty, no offense, but I find it hard to believe that you would post something like that, then state it was a bad idea without changing it. I'm a skeptic, so damn me.

Another scary moment of mine was when our car swerved and came within one foot of falling over a mountain side. If that guard rail hadn't been there, I wouldn't be ranting and yelling today.
DG-sama

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My scariest moment... it seems kinda stupid now but I was scared as hell when it happened.

First off let me set the scene... it was a few years ago and I was camping in the White mountains (in NH) with my uncle and my cousins. When we go camping we usually always hike up to Moose Pond on the second day (first day is for hiking up the trail to find a good camping spot) anyways that year wasn't very rainy so the pond had dried up a bit and was mostly very deep sticky mud, but some thoughtful person had made makshift bridges all through it with logs and other debris.

Anyways it was just me and my cousins Steph and P.J. wandering around on the bridges at the time (it was also gettinig kinda dark) when all of a sudden we hear some rustling in the shrubery nearby and P.J. yells out "It's a Moose! RUN!!" I know from expieience you do not mess with moose, my dad was chased down a trail once by a moose, they're not very pleasent animals. My other cousin starts freaking out and starts running, and I obviosly started to do the same except I slipped off the log bridge and ended up knee deep in mud and unable to move.

That's when I starded hearing noises behind me from the shrubs, I then started yelling to my cousins not to leave me there to die and to come back and help me, so Steph came back and attempted to pull me out but ended up falling knee deep in the muck herself and pushing me in about hip deep.

By then we were both crying and hugging figuring that we were gonna get trampled to death by a wild moose. My heat was racing so fast and I'm sure hers was too. But then who should apear from the shrubbery laughing his ass off like a rabid hyena but my Uncle.

Him and P.J. managed to yank us both out of the mud after they finished laughing at us(I unfortunatly lost a shoe).

That inncident was also probably the angriest I'd ever been in my life also.

Wow o.O didn't mean to type out that much... most of ya prolly will look at this huge post and not even bother reading it. Oh well ^^

God damn you signature WORK!
LadyoftheDeadlyDance
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My scariest moment was probably...well, non-supernatural scary was when my little cousin pulled the TV down on himself, and my grandmother called screaming on the phone. So I ran down to my aunt's house in my PJs at 8 in the morning, half-asleep and scared to death. Thank god the little brat was fine.

I've had supernatural creepy stuff, but not scary. The spirits that reside in my house are benevolent, for the most part. They sure do creep out my friends though! Everytime anybody is in the bathroom and they don't shut the door, they can see a white smoke pass across the door. I've gotten used to it.

I woke up with a thumb print on my neck this morning, though. It itches. WTF?
Darkferret

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im glad people camp Smile camping is good fun...

well i guess my scary or somewhat dangerous experiances are all from camping.

Once a few of my friends and i were staying in a campsite along a lake south of Farmington in Missouri (Nihm's Lake) and theres a quarry along it. So around 7 or 8 i wake up and get my boots on to go take a piss... one of my friends hears me and decides hell follow so he comes and i go by some trees and... yea and he decides he wants to climb some rocks and ...yea... in slippers (hes smart like that) so on his way back he takes a fall froma boulder in this quarry... and he comes down on his knee on a nice sharp rock... the gash was one of the deepest and cleanest ive seen... it was a 4 inch slice from the top of his knee to almost his shin.... it was such fun ruining my shirt and getting him to a car... he was fin with 7 or eight stitches... but the blood from that was incrdible

this is long but the other one i guess ill chare too...

camping (same lake but in winter... and the lake is completely frozen over) we were hiking (same group of about 6 guys) along the lake and we cam to this spot where we decided to slide acros the lake (bought 5 feet from on bank to the other... it was the end of a cove) so we do and the 5th guy slips and slides into a tree trunk... he got a spiral fracture in his ankle... he was the heaviest person with us and it took all of us to carry him backalmost a mile and a half in the snow... then we found a backroad to get him back to the hospital...

hope someone makes it this far... but camping is great fun...w00t
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
CheetahSmith
Rookie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the scariest things that happened to me was when I was seven-eight years old, and my Dad had a heart attack. He had to go to the hospital for several days, and had to have a stint put in his arteries and the plaque removed. I remember bursting in tears at night, fearing that he might die. Fortunately, he's safe and sound.

Another scary event was when I was twelve years old. My Dad had a "phantom" allergic reaction, and was going into shock. I had to go get my Mom and the phone so the paramedics could come. He had to go to the hospital and returned a few days later. The doctors couldn't figure out why he had such a reaction, or what caused it. I was afraid that he had another heart attack. Fortunately, he's just fine now.

I really love my Dad, and deep down, I'm very worried about his health and safety. I'm afraid that something very bad like an extremely serious heart attack would take his life...
OctoberBreeze

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was reading a monster book in my bedroom and my bed was facing my closet at the time. Well I was about to finish reading about some Moth guy when my closet door started shaking! I freakin' had a heart attack. It kept on shaking and pounding.

So the next day in the morning after I had practically peed in my pants I ripped the closet open and it turns out I had locked my cat in there. Rolling eyes
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
BML

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

god...you all make my life seem so uneventful. the scariest thing i can think of was today when i was drivin through a town square and i was payin attention to the car infronta me insteada the square n i pulled out infronta a bus. so either my life is uneventful, or i suffer from long term memory loss.
YellowPill
Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alright...I've been scared a lot.

The time that I was the most scared, not to mention disgusted...it's not really my story to tell. So, I won't tell it. I was four.

The day we ran from my step father (in Maine) to CT at one in the morning when I was 12 was pretty frightening. I was afraid he'd come home from work early, and find a way to come and bring us back.

That horrible day in October of 2001 (I was...16) that my mother and I came home to find it afire was frightening as well. I didn't know what we were gonna do. Dirt f*ckin poor, ya know, and no place to live. Thank *insert deity here* that mom's boyfriend let us live with him.

December 21 (god I hate that day), 1998, I was callled to the principal's office, and told my brother had been hit by a car and flown to the Children's Hospital on Life Star. I'd be lost without George.

...I don't remember the day, but my brother and I were in the car with my grandmother, and my mom and her old boyfriend were in front of us in his truck. The sun was directly ahead, making it neary impossible to see. I point out something that looks like a tire in the middle of the road, but as we pass it, I realize that it's my television. That was on the back of my mom's boyfriend's truck. We pulled over, and my mom was bleeding, and I was so afraid that she'd been seriously injured. She just broke her nose.

Now, onto the supernatural. I only have..two. Well three..but two of them happened on the same night.

Alright. I was 11 years old and having a strange freakin' dream. I woke up, still kinda sleepy (which is why i'm not sure if what I saw was real or not...but I can tell you for a fact, that the fear was real, and I do believe to this day that what I saw was as well.) and i see, on my wall, a woman's head. And the thing looked down at me, turned, and floated out the window. I didn't sleep much the rest of the night.

The next...I kind of asked for. My friends and I decided to do our psychology project my senior year on ghosts. And we had to come up with an idea for our oral presentation. So we brainstormed. We knew we were going to go somewhere...to see if we couldn't have an encounter of some sort. After much thought, we decided to get help from Jamie's brother, who's something of an expert. He offered to bring us to three different cemetaries, and take pictures with us. It was me, Jamie, Colleen, Matt, Andy, and Rob. A cool, drizzly October night. A perfect, right-out-of-a-horror-story kind of feel, ya know? So...off we went. We were not allowed flashlights, because any lights surrounding us could be used to disprove our photos. So, all of the cemetaries we went to had to be away from most houses, and on dark roads. The first was surrounded on three sides by woods. (I could NOT see it when we stepped out of the car. We were only..a couple of yard fromt the gate. I said, "Where is it?" haha) It's also the one that gave me the worst feeling. AND it's the only one we got an actual picture from. I left that place shaking. But the most eventful, was the third. We got there, and Matt, the expert, was taking pictures, and I suddenly felt a few strands of my hair get pulled down..not hard, just enough to, you know hold it straight. And it wasn't caught on anything, and it certainly wasn't the wind (wind does NOT do that)...but I managed to convince myself that it was. (Jamie told me that she felt it too. When she told me, I had forgotten about my experience. She comes up to me and says, Laurie, I think something pulled my hair...and that's when everything sort of fell into place) It happened to her after it happened to me. We figured it was moving up the line. Because Matt took a picture. And hopped back about three feet. See, the residue the light from his camera left in the air allowed him to see, very clearly, something by his head. He said, "We're getting the f*ck out of here", and we nearly RAN out. We had a great story to tell in psyche.

Sorry for writing so much.
silver_dreams
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jeez. you've had it rough, ne?
YellowPill
Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holy crap you responded to that quickly!

Eh...at least I can always look back and say, "It's been worse. And it always gets better."

Kind of tough to keep that outlook sometimes though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: