Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Fourm Rules, Are They Enforced?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> FAC Site Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lasher
I used to work here

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to know, who exactly moderates the boards? Is it just Denis? Or does someone else help him? Because all i have seen in the boards since a few members have joined in the past few weeks, are threads that are entitled "bored" and such. And threads made for arguing of which aren't even real arguements. These are what these repleies look like (see below)

*slams hand into table, drops a panda on ______'s head*

WEEEEE Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing SMILEYYYYY! WEEEE

Go f**k yourself, assclown

You suck

Laughing

End of examples.

This is stupid and it's growing EXTREMELY annyoing now that i have to sit her and sift through junk to find something worth replying to. I don't even know why anyone comes to the boards anymore. It's just plain ignorance and i think some people better start using some part of their brain sometime soon, or someone who holds power over hte boards warn them. I use to post on here but i can't because all i see are these threads that contain the s**t from above in it, over and over and over again and again. And these threads get to be like 5 pages long, Tell me, how the hell you people do that? Are you really that dumb? If your that bored, go outside into the real world, get job, go ot school, get a friend and try and get a life. Seriously, it's pissing my off that i use to be able to come in her, joke around a little, have good convo's and descent arguments that had something to them, and now, i can't find any threads worth reading, and to find one little responce worth replying to, i have to read through pages of idiotic junk just to get to it.

I have a life outside of this place, i'd like to be able to hold some kind of general conversation within these boreds within an understandable time frame. So would some of the spammers and inmature idiots please leave, or someone at least deal with them. I'm just glade these people don't show up in chat!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
fallenangel
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And you've only been here how long? If Lasher's already sick of it, you can imagine how some of the rest of us feel. You know what? A forum is not one person's personal playground, and sure, exclusive conversations happen and evolve, but they shouldn't be every single thread.

$20 says there'll be 10 replies of "OMFG!!! Cant u guys do nethin but complain?!!!!1 If u dun like it, just leave!" <_<

We're complaining because some of you have obviously never participated in a messageboard beyond bored rambling, and it gets very tedious. Here's a clue; it's quite impolite.

Flame away; it just proves our point.

And as far as I know, Lasher, Denis is the only one moderating, and I haven't seen much of him lately, so he's probably busy. But he has been notified about the worst of the worst.
Lasher
I used to work here

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I caught Denis on AIM today and asked him about it. Said he monitor it for awhile. He also said that if we were making more threads, ones unlike the sensless spamming and such, that he would be more likely to get ride of the dumb ones. *shrugs* don't know.

All i know is i'm extremely pissed and annoyed and i'm sick. So i am definately not happy. And people won't leave me alone and are bitching in chat still. Poor chris is having to stick up for me, i think he's doing more to defend me then me sometimes. Same fo Li and Kate. Hope she feels better soon.

*sighs* life sucks lately.

And i've been her like two months i think. lol. not long at all.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
fallenangel
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not that. It's that every time I make a thread, it gets 2 responses and then nothing, while those ones you mentioned end up 5 pages. The problem is one or two certain people who fuel the flames and destroy any hope of a decent thread taking off by posting useless junk on it. Grr!

Some people...
Lasher
I used to work here

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know what Fallen, i'm going to make a new thread or two right now!
Powtaz
Oldbie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2003 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spamming should be banned. people that spam anger me, its one of the reasons i left so many other sites, i hate spam. i was all interested in topics, and all i got was a bunch of posts that said stuff like:

lol,
omg,
wow,
thats nice,
lmao..

the list goes on, if people right like they are in a chatroom on a messageboard, then people are krazy, and should be shot. lol. ok, maybe not shot, but warned, and then, delt with appropriatley, like a /Timeout Zone\ that would be kool, hmm, heres a pretty good idea:

when people disobey the rules, they can be put into some sort of time out zone.

well, thats enough typing, because my new cell is ringing, and i am delaying time to answer it.

peace out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> FAC Site Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: