Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
NAruto English dub disscusion
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Anime & Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iDNAR
Newb

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:07 pm    Post subject: NAruto English dub disscusion Reply with quote

Discuss what you think about the Naruto English dubs. This is completly serious.
London

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

About the [i]American[/i] english dub as seen on Cartoon Network:

It's not as bad as some people say, compared to other dubs out there. I'm surprised that they left in a large majority of the violence and blood, and anything that was edited (that I saw, I only watched up to mid chuunin exams) looked pretty good. Example: the arms of that sound nin that Shino blew off.

"Believe it!" I could live without. Most of the voices are decent, though I'm not fond of Kakashi's and I hate Hinata's voice. I really liked Sakura's voice actor.
Blade
Still very bored

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like a lot of the voices, but Naruto just ruins it for me. That actor has one style of voice acting: yell at everything! Gah! Just hire a guy who can let him talk normally from time to time and not always be yelling. It destroys a lot of the quality.
But naruto was never a good anime to begin with. I refuse to watch more than I saw, which was the first two seasons. Naruto Shippuden or however you spell it, is excelent.
cstdenis
Evil Overlord

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dub companies seem to just love to choose the worse voice actor possible for the main character and (sometimes) good ones for minor characters.
Pabbit_da_Rabbit
Would like fries with that

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh man. Naruto's voice is so annoying. It's that back-of-the-throat, scratchy, whiny voice that really does scream at every little thing.

And even on Chrono Crusade, Rosette's English voice does not match her character or demeanor at all.

Why is it always like that?
Nicole1725
Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't mind the Naruto dub if they somehow got rid of Naruto's VA.... I mean she annoys the heck out of me... Whoever chose her needs to be hit upside the head. LOL

I do however like that they kept all the original character names.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Blade
Still very bored

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed, and that's saying something. I would die inside if they changed names...It would be all Chase wants to be the bestest Ninja ever and really loves Karie but she likes Rodger. Lol.....that would be lame.
Pabbit_da_Rabbit

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naruto's voice actor is a female? Why does that always seems to be the case in cartoons nowadays?

Yeah, having those names would be rather strange.
Benk
Elder In Training

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adult men have low voices. Adult women have high voices. Children have high voices.
You can figure it out from there.
Edward_Elric_1308
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Pabbit_da_Rabbit"]Naruto's voice actor is a female? Why does that always seems to be the case in cartoons nowadays?[/quote]

That's because animes that have young characters rarely use child voice-actors because the kids won't dedicate themselves to this sort of thing. According to Anime magazine.

And I agree with pretty much what Benk said.
Pabbit_da_Rabbit

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, yeah. I know that, from what Benk said. But Edward_Elric_1308's added more reasoning for me.
Blade
Still very bored

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Girls have been playing young boys for years, look at Bart Simpson and Ash from PKMN.

That said, there are good male voice actors who can *gasp!* actually voice young boys. A lot of the higher quality anime seem to use them. Vic Mignogna always does a nice job, but he can't play every character. (No I'm not saying he should be Naruto, just that he can voice teen boys well)
Newb

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:02 am    Post subject: Re: NAruto English dub disscusion Reply with quote

I think that Naruto's voice is sooooooooooooooo cuuuuuuuuuuuttttttttteeeeeee Wink
setokaibaslittlesis
Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I just recently started watching the Japanese dubs, thinking I could watch Shippuden and MAYBE Sasuke Retrival.

For one thing, I love the Theme Songs in the Japanese ones better.
I also really like the Ending Theme Songs. Rather off topic, but they make me excited for SasuxNaru.
At least in Shippduen, they have little things AFTER the end theme that teach you about things within the show. My favorites including the one where Kankurou talked about his puppets (ending with telling Crow how beautiful he was) and Naruto taking Temari and Kankurou to the bath houses.

IN the English, the violence could stand to be a little...better, I suppose. Not more. But I find it hard to believe someone EXPLODING would leave less blood then someone biting their fingers for a summon.

The voice acting could use some work. Kisame's voice just DOES NOT FIT in the English. And Naruto could probably be better, too.
Thumbs up for Orouchimaru's though, I like him even better in the English.

~Straw
setzaroth
Cold Warrior

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:04 am    Post subject: uh huh Reply with quote

I know this is about naruto but one thing i noticed when i watch bleach.. The japanese with subs. is better then dubbed english. B/C the japanese language sorta makes an atmosphere. The englsih ones are edited and dont have the same hilarity half the time. The same is probably true with naruto? Confused
anime_chick
Forum Scalleywag

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naruto Voice Actors= Not so great.

I have to admit though, I like Kate Higgins, and Yuri Lowenthal's voice acting for Sakura Haruno and Sasuke Uchiha. I kinda like Naruto's, though the whole 'Believe it!' catch phrase starts to make my ears bleed after the fifth time of hearing that said. Then again, they couldn't really find anything that could go well with the mouthin' of 'Dattebayo!', so I give them props for originality.

I really dislike the whole fact that they edit out the beginnings for the dub version of Naruto, makes me uber pissed that I can't see Tsunade-sama in all her busty beauty! [/Joke.] Though seriously, kinda peeves me off a tad. Also, I don't see how you can like the theme songs better in the Japanese;; They pretty much play the same thing as far as I know. Then again, I hardly watch the dub, don't watch the first nine seasons of Naruto, and Shippuuden is my OTL. Oh well.

The Shippuuden endings, they don't really teach you anything, it's all just fun facts, and just little things to poke fun at the Konohagakure no Sato and Sunagakure no Sato shinobis/kunoichis. Atleast, that's what I think. I found it really funny seeing Kankurou start talking to Karasu, and telling him how he shouldn't listen to Temari and what not. I liked the whole Sakura interviewing Tsunade one;; That was funny, poor Naruto though.

[/Totally was off Topic.]

ANYWHO..

The Naruto voice actors, though I admit aren't so great at times, and should try to improve, are okay. They're like that dish you order a restruant;; You like it, but you'd rather try something more juicy and tastier. =/ And yet you keep going back for more.. [/Shrugs.]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
setokaibaslittlesis
Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't mean to INSULT anyone. I knew the "teaching" was more for a joke than actual "teaching", but still. I said they were humorous, did I not?

As for liking the Japanese themesongs better, I meant the same thing you did about Tsunade in the current one. I mean, why did they have to edit the background? I totally love the Japanese backgrounds.

...And I'm willing to bet the first season theme song is a whole lot better in Japanese. I mean, who was that fat guy throwing the log?!

~Straw
anime_chick
Forum Scalleywag

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="setokaibaslittlesis"]I didn't mean to INSULT anyone. I knew the "teaching" was more for a joke than actual "teaching", but still. I said they were humorous, did I not?

As for liking the Japanese themesongs better, I meant the same thing you did about Tsunade in the current one. I mean, why did they have to edit the background? I totally love the Japanese backgrounds.

...And I'm willing to bet the first season theme song is a whole lot better in Japanese. I mean, who was that fat guy throwing the log?!

~Straw[/quote]

Did I ever say I was insulted by the fact that you said they were little teachings? I never said that, I just simply said that [i]I[/i] thought they were fun facts and little silly things, instead of actual teachings.

And, I see what you mean, I was just a bit phased by the fact that you didn't really say anything specific about the theme songs for it. I don't even remember seeing a fat guy throw a log in the dubbed version;; then again I only watched like the Chuunin exams, and the now Sannin fight.

'nough said.
--
[img]http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c382/Anime_Chick46/ACbanner.png[/img]

[ Yes I made that banner;; Message me if you want one. ]
setokaibaslittlesis
Rookie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(The Fatguy with the log was the first season...Zabuza/Haku arc. Just the random chanting and stuff. It was pretty awful.)
PhoenixAshes
Still very bored

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started watching the subbed version of Naruto on the internet, but I occasionally had to watch a dub episode when I couldn't find a sub. In my opinion, its a mixed bag; some of the characters are voiced quite well, and some (like Naruto) are ear-bleedingly awful.

At least the writing (at least from the episodes I've watched) seems to be decent. Despite being a tad too clean, it flows well enough.
May the force be with y'all!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Anime & Manga All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: