Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
"limit Yourself To No More Then 5 Per Day......"
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> FAC Site Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hanami

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right-o... I've never submitted more than, like 2 pics in a week... cuz i've only been here a few weeks. But people really need to learn how to resize their pics. I've seen too many sketchs that were blown up to double wallpaper size. <_<

Oh, and how soon do the "Quick Sketches" get deleted?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
kane

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah thats a good idea, ppl should be more lazy like me and post less often
fallenangel
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The five picture a day thing used to be just a "suggestion", a request. When I first got here, people would submit 10 things in a day, but it didn't matter because the total submissions that day were a small fraction of what they are now. So with more submissions, it was "requested" that users limit themselves to five. Then it was enforced. Now it will most likely be reduced to 1 or 2.

And yes, please do tell the girl to remove work that's not hers. I hate deleting people who obviously stole things but some of their other work could be their own (though in a lot of cases it isn't <_<)

There is a lot of junk on the site, and with the new discussions, at least some of it could be reduced (if someone wants to post sketches, at least they'd only be able to post one instead of five). It's really sad that great work gets pushed down so fast, and there are a few ways that could be fixed, but it could cause some people to become upset, so I doubt anything will ever really be put into place.

I believe "quick sketches" get written over in roughly two weeks. Could be wrong about that.

And there's instructions about resizing pictures and such in the FAQ. Some people are just too lazy to read before they go to submit.
cstdenis
Evil Overlord

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing has happened to "quick sketches" yet because I had lots of space. I will be removing them shortly in the hopes of decreasing bandwidth.
Fyrsiel
Newb

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

> o; Posting with a limit of two pictures a day made more sense to me...

When I first came to this place I was thinking to myself "Yeah, they probably only let you post, like, a picture a day. That'd be crazy if you could do more then that..."

But then.... I found this out to be not true. >__o; The posting of pics was almost unlimited... *or it probably is. I never really found out*

That sounded pretty cool but still a little crazy...

I'm not surprised that this site is falling to pieces because of the bandwidth problems. >__o; It's like forums too.... If you have too many useless topics then the Admin has to go around and delete a good portion of them to save space...

so when you've got.... thousands of random users uploading HUGE picture files AND with the ability to post more then ONE of these things a day then you'd deffinitly loose all your space in no time...

P.S. It's gotta be hell running a site like this.... o__o; God speed to you people for working so hard.....
layzcarter
I used to work here

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think one or two pictures a day is realistic. If someone is putting up more than that per day.... than ya really gotta wonder if they are putting forth their best work. I post about once a month because I don't want to put up something that I didn't work truely hard on.
Akito
Has No Life

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

God damn, the whole reason FAC is down, is because of all the damn n00bies posting shitty pictures so much. They'll flood it so much, like I rarely even go to the main page anymore but when I do, "The Latest Top 10 Pictures" all by the same people. rawr.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
fev
Newb

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote]God damn, the whole reason FAC is down, is because of all the damn n00bies posting shitty pictures so much. They'll flood it so much, like I rarely even go to the main page anymore but when I do, "The Latest Top 10 Pictures" all by the same people. rawr. [/quote]

Sadly, this is a big reason why not a lot of really good artists come and join when they see this site...
of a good artist doesn't see decent art in sight, they'll find somewhere else that does have decent art...

fallenangel
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And some of the very best have already left. I know some are still lurking, but they don't upload (and unfortunately I know of ones still lurking because of people stealing their work and them reporting it). Yeah yeah, "you should do art for yourself", but the whole point of posting it online is to get feedback, so when everything's being flooded and there's no comments...no reason to bother submitting. Sad
layzcarter
I used to work here

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's nice to see how many people are annoyed by massive pic posting Smile The only time I posted five a day is the first few times I logged in here... and I still had enough respect to limit myself to five. And although all my stuff might not be all that great, I work hard on it... and don't just post any peice of crap I put together. Whenever I come on this site and see like 10 pics posted by one person in a matter of minutes, I play the 'if I had a site' game... but I suppose it's a lot easier said than done :)

The approval panel is just an awesome idea. I've talked to some who say it will take too long to get pics up now and it's not fair... blah blah... I could really care less if it takes longer for my pics to get up. At least this way we won't be forced to view tons of scribbles or website backgrounds.... Question though... How does the approval panel work? And if you need more people on the panel could an average member like myself apply to help... seeing as how im an almost housewife, home 24/7??? Smile

Oh and fallen.. or lasher.. I forget which one of you mentioned it... but I so know what you mean when it comes to the math note doodles. That kinda bugged me Smile

Math doodle #1
Math doodle #2
Math doodle #3
Math doodle #4....... you get the picture Smile

fallenangel
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

'K, lemme say somethin' to the approval panel haters.

It's not going to be Epilogue or Elfwood or any of those. We're not judging skill, talent, quality, nor if it fits in as "fantasy" or whatever. Also, with the new limit of ONE SUBMISSION, there will only be a fifth of the submissions there are now. All that happens is before you're image shows up, someone from the panel has to take a quick look to make sure it's not on lined paper, preferably nicely sized, etc. etc. etc. to [b]fit the rules[/b], as all images should, anyway. If that means an hour or so before it's approved, is that really so horrible to keep the site clean of screengrabs, official art, and lousy sketches?

I would think y'all would be happy the site is being cleaned up. It means more exposure and more comments for your best work.
cstdenis
Evil Overlord

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The new server has lots of resources so i'm not too worried about this at the moment. I may impliment it in a while, but for now its ok.

Anyway, the site's been down for over a week, people have lots of stuff to put up.
layzcarter
I used to work here

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm confused.. i thought it is only supposed to be 1 entry per day now.. but when i look people have already posted five........
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> FAC Site Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: