Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Trojan Horses

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Computer Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xXEmilyXx
Newb

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:21 pm    Post subject: Trojan Horses Reply with quote

Everyone who has a computer has most likely heard of these pesty computer viruses. =P Well, I have a question for all those who know alot about computer tech and codes.

Does anyone here know how these things are created?O.o I would like to know because, once you know what your up against...You can figure out something to counter it.

Thank you everyone!=D
Breloom
How can I get a custom title thing?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The people of troy. D:

Nah, They are created like any other programs... just created to damage, corrupt, spy and/or delete files on your computer. Can either be auto-installed when you view a infected page, click on something or opening the selected file.

And no I don't know how they're made by coding etc so I'll just GTFO now.
BlossomHeart

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone explained it to me once, I don't know if it's totally correct. But if I'm right a Trojan horse is actually 2 programs in 1. The first one is the Client, that's installed on the hackers computer and the second one is the server that the 'victim' downloaded on accident. One of the programs helps the hacker take control over the other's computer. The virus turns on once your computer is turned on.
A Trojan Horse usually gets delivered by free downloads or mails. So DON'T download free games, mp3 files etc from unreliable sites!!

That's all I know , lol
setzaroth
Cold Warrior

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know how to make them but I know how to stay protected from them. Anti-virus...
luckylace222
Site Helper

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

setzaroth wrote:
I don't know how to make them but I know how to stay protected from them. Anti-virus...

Not all anti-viruses can keep you safe. There are some strong Torjans out there.

Just be cautious and do not openly download free programs without investigating the website/source (legit logo, contact, Q and A, etc). Getting a virus or not is sometimes a matter of how negligent you are as a computer user, and one careless mistake could cost you hundreds of dollars.
“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.” ~Theodore Roosevelt
setzaroth
Cold Warrior

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I can say that because I pay out the butt for mine. You get what you pay for. I use Norton 360, and its a tank of a program. The only virus ive ever gotten with it was a zero-day, and no anti-virus on the planet can stop those.

Did you really cite a "legit logo" as a reason to trust it? Oh..no..just no
BlossomHeart

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use the free version of AVG , I had one virus since I use it. That was a Trojan Horse, AVG deleted it right away. It warns you with everything that it doesn't trust though. Might me pretty annoying sometimes, but it also is very handy.

And I also look at the sites where you can rate for the download. I only download it when there are lots of good comments about it. That usually means, so not always, that there is no virus on it.
luckylace222
Site Helper

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Did you really cite a "legit logo" as a reason to trust it? Oh..no..just no

I would not say that is a strong and defining factor of a non-viral site, but it could show that the owners were serious about getting an artist or someone to advertise the website artistically. If a hacker or scammer really wanted people to think the site is legit, he could go through some pangs to have some official looking art. -In addition to the other legit site elements.

Quote:
I use the free version of AVG , I had one virus since I use it. That was a Trojan Horse, AVG deleted it right away. It warns you with everything that it doesn't trust though. Might me pretty annoying sometimes, but it also is very handy.

I tried that, but I liked Avira better 9their ads are annoying though).
“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.” ~Theodore Roosevelt
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Computer Help All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: