Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Fanart Based On A Fanfiction.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Contests Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ToadslyQuinne
Rookie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, here's my deal for you kids:

1. Read my Hellboy fanfic, posted here.

2. Think about what you've read- picture it, won't you?

3a. Choose a scene from that story that you liked or wouldn't mind drawing.

3b. If you want to draw something based on/inspired by Wayward Son, then by all means, go ahead and do it.

3c. (Pertaining to rule 3b.) I don't want to see anything with a slash theme, either. That's not what my story is about and I'd appreciate it not showing up here.

4. Draw that scene.

There is no limit to how many entries can be... entered per person. But only one drawing per person can win.

I will award the best three entries with a batch of homemade cookies of the winner's choice. Any kind of cookies they'd like.

Don't delay, start reading/drawing today!

...Hoodamn, I'm cheesey. Very Happy

"This is the only thing I do well."
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
LadyoftheDeadlyDance
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hot damn, this is certainly a clever contest. I wish I thought of something like this for my fanfic. Anywho, I'll see if I can enter. Not sure, though.

PS. If you want to get your fic critiqued, you can post it in the Fanfiction Critique sub-forum. Wink
Squidman
Very Oldbie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now how could I resist the chance to draw a buff guy in the shower?

Although....... the thought of him with his hair down and all soggy-like is a little strange in my mind....

I'll see what I can do. Can't resist the temptaion of cookies.....

::FAC::DA::Blog::LJ::
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ToadslyQuinne
Rookie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, to get everyone started, here is the tiny sketch I've already done.

I totally encourage you to do anything you want from this story. The shower stuff is the best, but you can just as easily draw HB in a taxi, at the airport- whatever!

The end date for this contest is tentatively set for September Fourth (4).

I'll announce the three winners as soon as possible, but I will be moving in Sept. so expect delays.

A super big thanks goes out to everyone who enters. ^_^

ToadslyQuinne
Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
(of course,ah wouldn't win!)

Bah, don't sell yourself short, my friend. I will be the judge of who will win and who won't.

...If anyone even enters this darn deal. Grr!

Come on people- it's fun! Read a good story, draw a great picture; how hard can it be? Laughing

Everyone loves cookies and I can assure you all that I am the Cookie King.

Squidman
Very Oldbie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've started a pic (actually, I've started three or four... don't know how many of 'em will actually get finished).... I seem to have been snared into the Hellboy fandom as of late.

Maybe you should try pimping the contest out to anyone you can find who's willing to draw Hellboy stuff... That would at least get more people to see the contest.

::FAC::DA::Blog::LJ::
Radditz329
Rookie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does this include magic cookies *Giggles* Do excuse me... But I'll join if it involves magic cookies
amerowolf
How can I get a custom title thing?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

these cookies you speak of...are they "special" cookies.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
amerowolf
How can I get a custom title thing?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'd enter this thing but i don't really like hellboy and i don't perticularly wanna read a hell boy fic. i am sad that i don't have a chance at those cookies though. Sad
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Goss

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

noone. entered. my. contest. other. than. you. and. lady. and. squid. as. of. now. my. contest. is. closed. but. i. will. enter. yours.

why. am. I. talking. like. william. shatner?

my first entry needs to be scanned.
ToadslyQuinne
Rookie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
these cookies you speak of...are they "special" cookies.

Well, I'll make them special for the three winners, if that's what you mean.

...But I don't think that's what you mean. No drugs will go into the making of my cookies. They are pure and delicious and waiting for people to enter the contest.

Quote:
Does this include magic cookies *Giggles* Do excuse me... But I'll join if it involves magic cookies

...I suppose I could do something magical to them. I don't know from magic- other than I don't believe it's real.

They're homemade cookies and can be anything the winners want- from chocolate chip, to snickerdoodles. If I've never heard of the cookies asked for (unlikely), then I'll look them up.

Quote:
Maybe you should try pimping the contest out to anyone you can find who's willing to draw Hellboy stuff... That would at least get more people to see the contest.

Good idear! I'll go bug the other Hellboy artists around here. I'll bet they love cookies. Thanks for the suggestion and I can't wait to see your entry.

I hope I've answered all questions accordingly. Once again, special thanks to all who (choose to) enter.

ToadslyQuinne
Rookie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
my first entry needs to be scanned.

Hooray! Thanks, buddy.

Mik
Newb

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You caught me with the cookies! Very Happy Just got done with my drawing, I'll upload it in a moment.. Smile
Mik
Newb

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is my entry Very Happy

http://www.fanart-central.net/pictures.php?pid=116584
ToadslyQuinne
Rookie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Miki. I can't say it enough. I truly love this drawing. Damn typed words cannot express my gratitude. Since you are the only entry thus far, it's looking really good that you'll be getting some cookies.

See people? You gots ta get off your asses and get busy. Damn, that sounds pushy, dunnit? Grrr.

Thank you so much, Miki. I sure hope you win- 'cause I really want to give you something for such a great drawing.

Say, what all did you use to draw/colour it? I love to know details about drawings/paintings and the like. Very Happy

Mik
Newb

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you liked it! Very Happy I sketched it and painted it in OpenCanvas.. I added some detail in Psp.. and Painter Classic...
I'm sure more will enter.. glad I got the drawing up.. still want to fix it up more..

GlassEyeWisconsin
My First Post!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read the story before tee cue posted it (I proof-read it, too, because I'm the ship's official proof-reader), but I didn't remember much. Basically, that Hellboy scrubbed himself harshly, that Rasputin was in there somewhere, and that Kate may have spoken to him after his shower. Based on the scant details I remember from a month ago until today, I submit my entry for this contest:

http://www.fanart-central.net/pictures.php?pid=117127

I hope everyone who looks at it reads the full description. I don't want any trouble.

(I have just now been informed of how wrong my assumptions were about the scant details I remembered. "Rasputin totally wasn't there," I'm told. Oops.)
ToadslyQuinne
Rookie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh GlassEye, you are quite the card.

Man, if only you and zakuman enter by September fourth, I'm going to vomit.

...Oh yeah- Goss said she'd enter, too. So you won't win. Mlah.

Miki, if'n you wanna keep doing stuff with that drawing- go right on ahead. I'd love to see what else you can do.

[*Muppet Dance*]

"Everything's coming up Milhouse!"

ToadslyQuinne
Rookie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attention!

If you haven't done so already, check out the first post here- I added a few new rules for the people who don't like to be confined.

Come on then- enter enter ENTER!

I can't say anything else to get you peeps in here. Bwah! <_<

ToadslyQuinne
Rookie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Listen up, courtesans and gentlefops:

You have one week (per my kind-of set deadline) to enter your... entries in this contest.

One week, if you please. Do enter- I know you all love cookies. I'm a great cookie-baking guy and I know you want me to prove it.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Contests Archive All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: