Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
FF 13 Rumored as the last?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Video games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RandomGuy
in Deep Thought

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:22 pm    Post subject: FF 13 Rumored as the last? Reply with quote

Now I've been hearing this alot especially just before FF12 came out but its been spread around that FF13 is the last FF games to come out. With such a history behind the series i know alot of people think it could on and on forever( which i hope from the bottom of my heart =P) But do you think after almost 15 years of the same game that its finally coming to a close?
setzaroth
Cold Warrior

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes 13 is the last, well actually its guna be ff 13 then a game called ff vs 13 which i know nothing about, after those releases they are heavily focusing on the KH series.

then again rumors are just that.....rumors.
RandomGuy
in Deep Thought

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="setzaroth"]yes 13 is the last, well actually its guna be ff 13 then a game called ff vs 13 which i know nothing about, after those releases they are heavily focusing on the KH series.

then again rumors are just that.....rumors.[/quote]

I love FF and it suxs to hear it really is going out. I love Kh1 and without a doubt it most defintly was one the best games i ever played next to FF8 and Legend of Dragoon. But why stop at 13 even though thier making 4 diffrent versions of it?
cstdenis
Evil Overlord

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will end when it becomes unprofitable.

Its still pretty popular, doesn't seem likely to happen.
setzaroth
Cold Warrior

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="cstdenis"]It will end when it becomes unprofitable.

Its still pretty popular, doesn't seem likely to happen.[/quote]

agreed...thats what i thought when i first herd that ff was supposedly ending. but then again it does make sense. they are loaded anyway and they will be making alot of money by making KH games.. and they may not be able to focus on 2 major titles at once since full attention and dedication is needed to consistantly produce great games...buy yea know w/e happens happens.
RandomGuy
in Deep Thought

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its like the end of the world when this series does bad. It took me a month just to pick up ff12 because i thought it was so bad compared to ff 7, 8 , and 10. ( X-2 and IX could have been better but I won't complain). I beat it in a week only cause i eventually through away my love of the series and played it for what it was worth. The ending wasn't bad but it wasn't that strong. I think 12 could have had a stronger story because alot of the sad momments.( i.e Rassler dying ...which i still laugh about to this day) i just think if u compare it to ff7 or 8 ur extremely disappointed but FF13 looks awesome and I've heard good things
RandomGuy
in Deep Thought

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The series has so much history its not even funny. People will buy FF 13 even if it bombed and had FF1 graphics and storyline. ppl are so attached to the series its not even funny. ( me included) on top of that the seris is the most popular RPG and kinda the longest running ( 15 years almost)
RandomGuy
in Deep Thought

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="setzaroth"][quote="cstdenis"]It will end when it becomes unprofitable.

agreed...thats what i thought when i first herd that ff was supposedly ending. but then again it does make sense. they are loaded anyway and they will be making alot of money by making KH games.. and they may not be able to focus on 2 major titles at once since full attention and dedication is needed to consistantly produce great games...buy yea know w/e happens happens.[/quote]

Have you seen the sales of KH? Its popular but its weak. If you look KH1 didn't even top the sales of FF X and KH 2 didn't top the sales of FF9 and even i had alot of comments on the KH2
setzaroth
Cold Warrior

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its not even funny that you said not even funny twice now thats not even funny man.

Laughing
setzaroth
Cold Warrior

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="RandomGuy"][quote="setzaroth"][quote="cstdenis"]It will end when it becomes unprofitable.

agreed...thats what i thought when i first herd that ff was supposedly ending. but then again it does make sense. they are loaded anyway and they will be making alot of money by making KH games.. and they may not be able to focus on 2 major titles at once since full attention and dedication is needed to consistantly produce great games...buy yea know w/e happens happens.[/quote]

Have you seen the sales of KH? Its popular but its weak. If you look KH1 didn't even top the sales of FF X and KH 2 didn't top the sales of FF9 and even i had alot of comments on the KH2[/quote]

Kh has great potential it started off sorta weak (still really fun though)
3 looks to really advance the story line.
RandomGuy
in Deep Thought

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="setzaroth"][quote="RandomGuy"][quote="setzaroth"][quote="cstdenis"]It will end when it becomes unprofitable.

Have you seen the sales of KH? Its popular but its weak. If you look KH1 didn't even top the sales of FF X and KH 2 didn't top the sales of FF9 and even i had alot of comments on the KH2[/quote]

Kh has great potential it started off sorta weak (still really fun though)
3 looks to really advance the story line.[/quote]

Sales say diffrent about KH and KH2. In my opinion Kh stuck to the story and had an ending that would make u piss ur pants or just drop tears like a baby. KH2 had strong music and the fight system was awesome but the story was lacking depth if you know what i mean. btw have you heard of KH2 Final mix>?
setzaroth
Cold Warrior

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep its got more cutscenes and a secret battle with a guy form KHIII thats harder than the sephiroth battles

and there was a FM version of KH1 as well there was a secret battle with an organization member (that turns out to be xemnas once you got khII and recognized his lazer swords)

theres a pattern to these games in #1 by doing alot fo differetn stuff in the game you can unlock a secret video for #2..in #2 you can unlock a secret video for #3 and also there is finla mix versions alwasy released a year or two after its original title.
RandomGuy
in Deep Thought

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="setzaroth"]yep its got more cutscenes and a secret battle with a guy form KHIII thats harder than the sephiroth battles

and there was a FM version of KH1 as well there was a secret battle with an organization member (that turns out to be xemnas once you got khII and recognized his lazer swords)

theres a pattern to these games in #1 by doing alot fo differetn stuff in the game you can unlock a secret video for #2..in #2 you can unlock a secret video for #3 and also there is finla mix versions alwasy released a year or two after its original title.[/quote]

lol yea i was pissed when i saw that all the bosses from KH COM where nourmal hidden or regular bosses in Final Mix 2. The japanese always keep the good stuff to themselves =P but i do agree after seeing the secret ending to KH3. It looks fucken awesome and the music and graphics r almost uncanny
Kes
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hard to say whether 13 is the last of the series but there hasn't been anything officially announced so............ Wait and see. I'll be sad if 13 is the very last one. Thought the FF series was better than the KH series, even though did like both.
Thought 12 was alright when you get into it but not the best one. Was stunned that it had a sequel though, even though for the DS.
RandomGuy
in Deep Thought

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Kes"]Hard to say whether 13 is the last of the series but there hasn't been anything officially announced so............ Wait and see. I'll be sad if 13 is the very last one. Thought the FF series was better than the KH series, even though did like both.
Thought 12 was alright when you get into it but not the best one. Was stunned that it had a sequel though, even though for the DS.[/quote]

Hehehe i'd want to see the ending to all 4 of the XIII's to be able to tell if they were going to stop. Its intresting seeing the amount of fans of the series isn't it? If i wasnt going into Game design it would feel really empty not getting a kick ass story every couple of years ='((RIP FF games)
setzaroth
Cold Warrior

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

profitable or not...i just thought of something...13, hmmm they may be like supersticious... lucky 13, and then stop or any games after that might be total failures =/ (in their minds, that way of thinking is totally dumb)
RandomGuy
in Deep Thought

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="setzaroth"]profitable or not...i just thought of something...13, hmmm they may be like supersticious... lucky 13, and then stop or any games after that might be total failures =/ (in their minds, that way of thinking is totally dumb)[/quote]

lol thats what i first thought but 13 is always unlucky so shouldn't 12 have been the last one?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Video games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: