Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Haveing a purpose
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Philosophical
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SharinganKakashi
Rookie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 1:38 pm    Post subject: Haveing a purpose Reply with quote

What's the use of having a purpose i mean we all die eventually right? so why ,why do we go on? What is it that makes us get back up when were nocked down? To help those whom we care for? But they will also die why? For what reason do we exist? How does the human mind go on knowing it will die? Do we all subconlessly accept death?
Well, I havnt got a purpose so I guess thats my reason for asking.

"YOU Laugh Now But Time Makes Fool Of Us All. Does It Not?"
CaptainPlanet
Banned

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our purpose is to survive and reproduce.
London

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't listen to CaptainPlanet. He's a filthy lesbian atheist.
SharinganKakashi
Rookie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iv noticed he sucks the deapth out of everything but come on really you Wont survive.

and 2 Reproduce? but your kids will die to that means more death.
CaptainPlanet
Banned

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What?
London

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disregarding all thoughts of gods and souls and afterlives and whatnot, there is no purpose in life. The beginning of life (on this planet, anyhow) was a cosmic accident. Life won't be able to survive on Earth in the next billion years or so anyway, so reproduction isn't a purpose either.
SharinganKakashi
Rookie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

your right but why does the human mind accept this i mean if we obslely think well live forever we get that stuck in our head thats the only reason i can think of but if thats not the case youd think wed all run around pulling out our hair and screaming we going to die i mean how does the human brain take this if you point a loaded gunin someones face and start to pull the trigger whoever it is is goin to be freakin out they dont want to die but we all do. it just seems weird to me that we all no were going to die but dont fear it untill were about to die.
CaptainPlanet
Banned

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HOLY SHIT PUNCTUATE
God, I have no idea what you're saying.
London

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's like if you have this huge ginormously important essay to write, but you have two months to do it, you're not going to worry about it in the first month and a half. When it's the night before and it's only half done, then you're pulling your hair out and panicking.

Most people in civilized countries can expect to live for sixty to eighty years, so it feels like you've got a looooong time before that happens. In my experience, a lot of older people who weren't previously religious take up some sort of religion. After my grandmother died at 70, by grandfather, who was never religious, got baptized. It makes them feel better, I guess, if they think they have a place to go to after they die.

People fear death because people fear uncertainty. If you knew for sure that after you died you would be transported to a fairytale land, where you could meet people you loved when you were all dead, then people wouldn't mind dying nearly as much.
SharinganKakashi
Rookie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

uh the captian planet dude is just like Zander_CAGE lol you to would get along well
and i guess your right i mean if you think about it its a really good example people procrastinate untill its to late and they panic but your right if you new for sure were you went when you died then.

it would also be a bad thing for the fact that when something went wrong on earth youd just kill your self to try and runaway but that will come back to haunt you. anyway 80 years in a very extremley short time if you think about it.sorry to hear bout your granda parents though. anyway we cant be sure of anything the fact that the human mind makes these things up to ease itself and make its job easyer.

i asked this for the reason that not haveing a purpose is the same as being dead but that means...
what happens when the sun blows and noone escapes the blast? then what come of the universe? it just sits there as if it were a hotel no one uses? the fact that we dont have a purpose killed us which leads me to believe there has to be life on other planets i mean why would only we a very basic cilivation that repeats itself.... other wise the universe wouldnt have a purpose would it? (the greeks were more advandeed than us but now only now years later our math and medical abilties match theres)
i guess my new question is whats the purpose of the universe?
London

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now I'm going to be nitpicky, but it does help to know the facts. The sun will probably not "blow up" like a supernova. Life on Earth will die because when the sun is going through the end of it's "life," it will expand, enough to engulf Mercury and Venus, but not Earth. The size of the sun will increase the temperature and radiation on Earth to intolerable levels, causing life was we know it to die out. The sun will then shrink and die rather unspectacularly (in comparison to other stars).

I'm not sure I can say the same for mathematics, but in terms of other sciences (biology, physics, chemistry, astronomy, etc.) we have the Greeks beat by far. The ancients believed that everything on Earth was made of fire, water, air, and.. something else. They would have enjoyed Captain Planet. They didn't have rockets; they didn't know about molecules and atoms and quarks; they didn't know about how signals travel from your periphery nerves to your brain. It wasn't too long ago that people believed you could cure someone by "bleeding" evil demons from their bodies.

Regarding the universe: The universe has no purpose. Nothing has any purpose at all. There could be life on other planets, I believe there are. They may not be carbon based, and they are pretty much guaranteed to look totally different from the way we look, but it's hard to imagine that out of all those planets out there, ours is the only one "special" enough to play host to life.
slavetotheWALL
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

your purpose was to mispell the word having
CaptainPlanet
Banned

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't care who Zander cage is if you can't post for shit.
London

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You aren't allowed to pick on other people's spelling if you don't capitalize or punctuate yourself.
CaptainPlanet
Banned

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zander Cage*
:'(
NorseGodOdin
Oldbie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Purpose:

Well if evolution is true, you're here because you evolved out of single cell organisms and you're not worth a thing.

Now if God created Heaven and the Earth, then you're here for a reason and your purpose is to glorify God and help your fellow humans.

why do we go on:

If you don't go on, you reject life and eventually kill yourself.

get up after we're knocked down

Our natural desire to live this crazy life.

why do our loved ones die?

In the Bible it says, that nothing ever died before Adam and Eve sinned. So that means death came by Man's sin.

And if evolution is true, it's ONLY cause the biological function stops, because of old age, sicknesses [etc.]

How does the human mind go on knowing it will die?

Well it just does, because it isn't dead yet.

Do we all sub consciously accept death?

Yes. Death is only natural. And you know you'll die eventually, so lets live before we die. OK?
"So then I was having my ass handed to me by like g0at and like wayman... And I'm like 'whatever' and they're like... 'Get out'a here man, this room is like locked, it's reserved for the rational response squad. And then guess who shows up.. VenomFangX, like no way..." - Uzi
CaptainPlanet
Banned

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Life has no purpose, we're run on extinct.
As soon as I get sick of mine I'm ending it.
London

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oooh, Benk is so cool.

BUT NOT COOL ENOUGH TO PICK A BETTER METHOD THAN PILLS.
CaptainPlanet
Banned

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AND RED WIIINE
Pills aren't effective enough, if it's cold, I'll still survive. As demonstrated by my mother.
London

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oooh, Benk is so cool.

BUT NOT COOL ENOUGH TO HAVE A MOM, WHO DOESN'T FAIL SO MUCH AT SUICIDE.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Philosophical All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: