Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
What/who is god?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Philosophical
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
London
Moderator


Joined: 23 Mar 2006
Posts: 6474

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If there's only two people posting stop fucking quoting the post directly above yours.
_________________
Go Yankees!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
thedudedisturbed
Has No Life


Joined: 16 Aug 2006
Posts: 584
Location: alaBAMa

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

London wrote:
If there's only two people posting stop f***ing quoting the post directly above yours.


we don't know when someone is going to interrupt like just now.
_________________
You probably recognize a pattern beginning to take shape. Not of the Fibonacci variety either, where said repetitions are woven into the very fabric of nature in some kind of cosmic mathematical coincidence that makes you wonder if there really is a design to everything after all, but more of Grandmother's quilt variety, where said repetition makes you wonder where in the world people can purchase such hideous floral pastel patterns and why they think you'll want to display them in your living room.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
London
Moderator


Joined: 23 Mar 2006
Posts: 6474

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does not take a genius to follow a thread with excessive quoting. If you write a reply, it's implied that you're responding to the post above you. This isn't a high traffic forum so it's not like people are suddenly jumping in while both of you are typing.
_________________
Go Yankees!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
thedudedisturbed
Has No Life


Joined: 16 Aug 2006
Posts: 584
Location: alaBAMa

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fine
_________________
You probably recognize a pattern beginning to take shape. Not of the Fibonacci variety either, where said repetitions are woven into the very fabric of nature in some kind of cosmic mathematical coincidence that makes you wonder if there really is a design to everything after all, but more of Grandmother's quilt variety, where said repetition makes you wonder where in the world people can purchase such hideous floral pastel patterns and why they think you'll want to display them in your living room.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NorseGodOdin
Oldbie


Joined: 25 Jun 2007
Posts: 2194
Location: Bulgaria

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no God, lol.
_________________
"So then I was having my ass handed to me by like g0at and like wayman... And I'm like 'whatever' and they're like... 'Get out'a here man, this room is like locked, it's reserved for the rational response squad. And then guess who shows up.. VenomFangX, like no way..." - Uzi
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
PrincessThug
Very Oldbie


Joined: 09 Feb 2007
Posts: 2694
Location: here.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed
_________________
Gamertag - BabyGurly
I reply to everyone's comments because it makes me look cool.
Fuck me sideways
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KooolAid
Has No Life


Joined: 06 Sep 2007
Posts: 495

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thedudedisturbed wrote:

OHMYGOD
well yeah, on some level, it IS bad because it is different. its a deviation from God's arbitrary and unreasonable rules.

It's not messing up their life and I would do it because I believed that it would benefit them.not physically, but spiritually. and yes, I doubt the Christian religion, very much, so much so, that I don't exactly believe, I don't HAVE a religion/faith or whatever. I'm just trying to explain the Christian philosophy, because I'm seeing way too many generalizations and misunderstandings. I wouldn't to force any beliefs down anyone's throat, I'd be tellin them my story, why i elieve what I believe, that's the way one does it.
respecting someone's religion is honoring their beliefs, and not deliberately offending them by "sinning" in front of them.
as for whether or not Christianity is right, and wheher or not God is real, the answer is , I have no idea. the whole concept of christianity is based on faith. If we knew God were real, i mean then...what's the point? of all this? He wants obedience based on love and Faith, not just fear cause we know he gonna strike us down.
and you are being almost exactly like these christians you describe. you're not trying to force a particular religion down my throat, but you are zealously trying to convince me that all christians are evil people and christianity is wrong.


If god was as forgiving as people claim him to be, he wouldn't force obedience. Obedience is usually caused through fear. Ex: I won't rob the bank because i don't want to go to jail. Therefore you would be obedient to the law and not rob the bank. If you are concerned about someone else's spirituality, who the hell cares? Thats their decision and their's only. What if that person is a hinduist and believes christianity is wrong? Then the christian could get his ass kicked. Ignorance? No, they think that their religion is the one to eternal happiness and christians arent.

If you concerned you ask them if they want to go to church with you, THATS IT. If they say no, then drop the subject. Christians imposing their beliefs are just like the annoying jehovah's witness's that come knocking on my door. When i see them on my door i get angry. I open the door and tell them to go away. If they knock again i tell them i will call the police. Christians are wrong that they always want to impose their religion on people. I'd rather have someone ask if i want to go to church with them insted of, "You're wrong."
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
thedudedisturbed
Has No Life


Joined: 16 Aug 2006
Posts: 584
Location: alaBAMa

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I already explained every bit of that. fuck off, I'm done arguing, I'm going home
_________________
You probably recognize a pattern beginning to take shape. Not of the Fibonacci variety either, where said repetitions are woven into the very fabric of nature in some kind of cosmic mathematical coincidence that makes you wonder if there really is a design to everything after all, but more of Grandmother's quilt variety, where said repetition makes you wonder where in the world people can purchase such hideous floral pastel patterns and why they think you'll want to display them in your living room.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HerculesRockefeller
 


Joined: 30 Sep 2006
Posts: 3143

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bruce Dickinson is god.

Seriously. Lead singer of Iron Maiden, olympic-class fencer, professional pilot. Flew into a warzone in an airplane to rescue 100 or so civilians.

AND DOES DOCUMETARYS ON TRAINS.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Fayore
Moderator


Joined: 12 Mar 2004
Posts: 6194

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to watch this thread now. It's full of spam and crap and stuff, so shape up or this thread gets locked.

Also, stop making quote chains before I start thinking you're retarded. >:C
_________________

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Emrys
Forum Stalker


Joined: 26 Jul 2005
Posts: 1544

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NorseGodOdin wrote:
So that's why you're a pagan druid!


Actually I was agnostic for five years until a friend of mine started showing me some things that he believed in and in my own inner philosophy we agreed on alot of things. For the past four years I've been researching paganism and yes druidism calls to me so i'm following that path. But the reason i stated is why i withdrew from christianity and became agnostic.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
SilverKitsune
Elder Than Dirt


Joined: 31 Jan 2004
Posts: 5898
Location: whittier, CA, Los Angels

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thedudedisturbed wrote:

OHMYGOD
well yeah, on some level, it IS bad because it is different. its a deviation from God's arbitrary and unreasonable rules.

It's not messing up their life and I would do it because I believed that it would benefit them.not physically, but spiritually. and yes, I doubt the Christian religion, very much, so much so, that I don't exactly believe, I don't HAVE a religion/faith or whatever. I'm just trying to explain the Christian philosophy, because I'm seeing way too many generalizations and misunderstandings. I wouldn't to force any beliefs down anyone's throat, I'd be tellin them my story, why i elieve what I believe, that's the way one does it.
respecting someone's religion is honoring their beliefs, and not deliberately offending them by "sinning" in front of them.
as for whether or not Christianity is right, and wheher or not God is real, the answer is , I have no idea. the whole concept of christianity is based on faith. If we knew God were real, i mean then...what's the point? of all this? He wants obedience based on love and Faith, not just fear cause we know he gonna strike us down.
and you are being almost exactly like these christians you describe. you're not trying to force a particular religion down my throat, but you are zealously trying to convince me that all christians are evil people and christianity is wrong.


Its not bad to be different, religion was made to being people peace and to show them what would be considered good and to give hope, It doesn't matter what religion a person believes, what matters is what that religion does for them. If it makes them a good person then that religion is for them. I never said christianity was wrong I said it was wrong for christians to force down their religion on other people, difference. I said that there is no proof saying that it exists, but that goes for every religion.
_________________



xAmiDarkfieldx wrote:
"Your a bird, I'm a cat of the jungle. Birds can't get pregnant last I checked. They lay eggs."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
RammsteinSkollexxx
Rookie


Joined: 08 Sep 2009
Posts: 41

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it seems he is there to punish and only help those who believe and worship him properly. i'm an athiest, though im growing up with a strongly catholic family, simply because this god sounds more like an imaginary friend you have to sacrifice and kill for.

buddhism seams to be the only logical religion. it says you should be nice to everyone, do what you love as long as it doesn't hurt anyone or yourself, and there's no imaginary friends to kill for
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
RammsteinSkollexxx
Rookie


Joined: 08 Sep 2009
Posts: 41

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

also-he's probably a hermaphrodite but it's just easier to say 'he'
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Tinkster
Has No Life


Joined: 05 Jul 2009
Posts: 483
Location: The Kingdom of Drachlah

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if there is no God then where the hell did we come from. The big bang?
do you people think we evolved from apes or something? If we evolved from apes, where did the apes come from?

I'm not a relious person, and I don't have a religion, but I don't like when people talk about crap that they know nothing about. i'm just a christian, that lives by what God gives me.

There is proof that God exists, and if you haven't seen it yet, you got to look harder. they found the ark didn't they. if there was no God, how can you explain there being a huge wooden ship on a mountain?

And if you want even more proof look at what's going on now. earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, crazy prices, it's all in the book of Revelations if you read it. What do you think, that someone just made that all up. Why is it happening then?

I have witnessed God's power, because anything I have asked for, he has given me. if you want to know the truth, then ask for it.
_________________
___________________________________________________
"Theory is the foundation of music;
Instruments are the tools to make it;
Music is the doorway to someones soul"
-ShadeArt
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt


Joined: 01 Jan 2007
Posts: 6829
Location: 20th Ward

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget the sea of blood thing, that's happening too. Freaked me out alittle.

I think there is SOMETHING up there that made us. But potraying it as a guy sitting on a cloud with a big ol beard amuses me. Memnoch the devil gave a better explanation of what God was potrayed as. An entity, not an all powerful human. Cause if God created us in HIS image; why the hell did he make all the other beings such as animals, insects and dinosaurs etc?

Ok bowing out now, just wanted to toss in my opinion. -rolls off-
_________________
Our life is made by the death of others...
~Leonardo Da Vinci
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Tinkster
Has No Life


Joined: 05 Jul 2009
Posts: 483
Location: The Kingdom of Drachlah

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

God made all other creatures to keep his greatest creation happy. Or something like that.
_________________
___________________________________________________
"Theory is the foundation of music;
Instruments are the tools to make it;
Music is the doorway to someones soul"
-ShadeArt
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ThomYorke
I dream of mod position


Joined: 07 Oct 2007
Posts: 2368
Location: Flagstaff, Arizona

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, where did God come from?
_________________
゚ ヮ゚
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
London
Moderator


Joined: 23 Mar 2006
Posts: 6474

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mexico!
_________________
Go Yankees!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
hueyfreeman
Still very bored


Joined: 19 May 2006
Posts: 325
Location: normal,IL

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man created God.
I remember I once got into an argument about the existence of God, and it ended with me suggesting the possibility that God created man because he was lonely. Otherwise, existence was completely pointless. It was the only explanation that gave man any purpose.

I'm not sure if God exists, I can't prove that he doesn't, but I know that faith has power. People have killed in the name of God, and those who identify themselves as religious tend to outlive others (http://factoidz.com/religion-leads-to-a-longer-life/), spirituality lessens stress.. or maybe they just killed off all their persecutors.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Philosophical All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum