Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
help!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> General Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rosenheim

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 2:33 am    Post subject: help! Reply with quote

i'm really bad at technologies, so i need an advice for some of it...
here it goes :
i'm trying to post my pictures on my gallery, but it doesn't show. and i don't even have a digital cameraDX ! is there a way you can post your pictures without a scanner or a digital camera??
i'm still a newb, so i need all the advices and hints i can get:D
thank you.
London

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you draw the pictures by hand or on the computer?
rosenheim

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hand...
Sora121
Developer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need a way to make you're pictures "Digital".
So a scanner would be best since using a camera will usually produce poor quality pictures.

Alas, there is but one, rather drastic, measure. If you don't have the money to get a scanner/printer, or at least a digital camera, then you can use conventional film and have a wal-mart (or another convenient store) process the film into a digital files on a CD.

Thats may work, but as far warning, your pictures may not make it to the site if the camera produces rather poor quality pictures. This means that focus, picture quality, and things outside the picture will have to be take into concern when making the pictures or your art.
rosenheim

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 6:58 pm    Post subject: :) Reply with quote

thank you!!
Sora121
Developer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're welcome
Battou
Photo Lucidity Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Sora121"]Alas, there is but one, rather drastic, measure. If you don't have the money to get a scanner/printer, or at least a digital camera, then you can use conventional film and have a wal-mart (or another convenient store) process the film into a digital files on a CD.[/quote]

That is not cost effective in the least bit, Film, processing and the digitalization all cost money on top of the previous. Best bet is to get Wal-Mart bargin scanner or in worst case borrow a camera phone.

[quote="Sora121"]Thats may work, but as far warning, your pictures may not make it to the site if the camera produces rather poor quality pictures. This means that focus, picture quality, and things outside the picture will have to be take into concern when making the pictures or your art.[/quote]

Very true, a lot of photos of artwork get rejected simple due to photo quality, poorly lit, focused, and framed images often sent home because I can't tell what is on the paper.

Photographing traditional art works is not the easiest thing to do in the first place, too many ways to get it wrong but it can be done if need be.
[b]RPG[/b]-[i]n[/i]. A computer programing language designed for business reporting that generates specific programs from the users specifications.([b]R[/b]eport [b]P[/b]rogram [b]G[/b]enerator)[i]The American Heritage Dictionary[/i]

[u][url=http://www.photo-lucidity.com/user-Battou.php]Photo-Lucidity[/url][/u] - [u][url=http://www.fanart-central.net/user-battou.php]FaAC[/url][/u] - [u][url=http://www.funart-central.net/user-Battou.php]FuAC[/url][/u] - [u][url=http://forums.fanart-central.net/index.php]Joke of the day[/url][/u]
rosenheim

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 2:24 am    Post subject: :) Reply with quote

thank you^^
FoxTrot
Very bored

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could all ways send it to a friend via snail mail or give it to someone you know who has a scanner to upload onto their computer and then have them send you the file so you can download it onto yours for submitting into your gallery.

Just another option. Very Happy
rosenheim

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 11:55 pm    Post subject: thank you!! Reply with quote

thanks for the useful advice(s), everyoneXD
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> General Help All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: