Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Warning: Anatomy may make you hurl.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Artistic Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
luckycloverluck
Very bored

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 3:21 pm    Post subject: Warning: Anatomy may make you hurl. Reply with quote

http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/4386/characterpart1ul7.png

Dear God...why does the crappiest art just [i]have[/i] to crop up during art slumps?

Needless to say, this sucks. I'm frustrated with the overall ugliness of the picture. My muse has been as dead as a doorknob lately, so my drawing hand's losing a bit of its touch. Yes, the lining's horrible, yes, it's scratchy, but it's a rough sketch and I don't want to spend six hours re-lining lineart that's out of whack. The flame-like patterns on the girl's chest and the scars are just there for placemarkers, I'll get rid of the stupid things when the anatomy's finished.

So...butcher, please? I have cookies and ice cream!

If you feel that the fandom is worthless, then fighting the urge to pass judgement on a picture based on that fandom is a rather good idea.

That is, of course, unless you want the fangirls/fanboys coming after you with foaming mouths.
+++++++++++++++++++
"Thy pen is mightier then thy sword."
"But Miss Lefae!"
"THOU SHALT NOT FORGETETH THAT, PUNKETH!!"
thedudedisturbed
Has No Life

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to critique as part of the forum policy, but I don't want to cause I'm not gud at it.

I draw lots of circles when my drawing hand gets foogly. warm it up. have you tried new music? new books?

thats all I got. sorry about non-help with your picture. all I can say is find reference and practice faces.
You probably recognize a pattern beginning to take shape. Not of the Fibonacci variety either, where said repetitions are woven into the very fabric of nature in some kind of cosmic mathematical coincidence that makes you wonder if there really is a design to everything after all, but more of Grandmother's quilt variety, where said repetition makes you wonder where in the world people can purchase such hideous floral pastel patterns and why they think you'll want to display them in your living room.
Stratadrake
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote]I have to critique as part of the forum policy, but I don't want to cause I'm not gud at it.[/quote]
Critiques are voluntary, if you don't think you'll be of much help then you are not required to answer.
Strata here: [url=http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/242293]Nanowrimo[/url] - [url=www.fanart-central.net/user-Stratadrake.php]FAC[/url] - [url=http://stratadrake.deviantart.com]dA[/url] - [url=www.furaffinity.net/user/Stratadrake/]FA[/url]
[size=9]Disclaimer: Posts may contain URLs. Click [url=http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TVTropesWillRuinYourLife]at your own risk.[/url][/size]
luckycloverluck
Very bored

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="thedudedisturbed"]I have to critique as part of the forum policy, but I don't want to cause I'm not gud at it.

I draw lots of circles when my drawing hand gets foogly. warm it up. have you tried new music? new books?

thats all I got. sorry about non-help with your picture. all I can say is find reference and practice faces.[/quote]

I've practiced, but its mostly my drawing hand that's going out of whack. I'll try the circle thing, though. Smile

And don't worry, you don't [i]have[/i] to critique if you don't want to. Smile

If you feel that the fandom is worthless, then fighting the urge to pass judgement on a picture based on that fandom is a rather good idea.

That is, of course, unless you want the fangirls/fanboys coming after you with foaming mouths.
+++++++++++++++++++
"But Miss Lefae!"
thedudedisturbed
Has No Life

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Stratadrake"][quote]I have to critique as part of the forum policy, but I don't want to cause I'm not gud at it.[/quote]
Critiques are voluntary, if you don't think you'll be of much help then you are not required to answer.[/quote]
*handface*
brainfart.
You probably recognize a pattern beginning to take shape. Not of the Fibonacci variety either, where said repetitions are woven into the very fabric of nature in some kind of cosmic mathematical coincidence that makes you wonder if there really is a design to everything after all, but more of Grandmother's quilt variety, where said repetition makes you wonder where in the world people can purchase such hideous floral pastel patterns and why they think you'll want to display them in your living room.
London

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[img]http://i31.tinypic.com/nb6mw0.png[/img]
luckycloverluck
Very bored

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once again, London, you receive cookies. -sends cookie spam to London-

+++++++++++++++++++
"But Miss Lefae!"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Artistic Help All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: