Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Two people kissing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Artistic Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AgentBach
Newb

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 5:29 pm    Post subject: Two people kissing Reply with quote

I can't ever draw a picture of people kissing. I mean in realistic way, not animeish. Can someone give me some tips? Question
Small0bsession
Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well if you can draw anime, simply use the anime as a base Smile Then make the base more realistic.
Edward_Elric_1308
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote]Well if you can draw anime, simply use the anime as a base Smile Then make the base more realistic.[/quote]

;_; That absolutely makes no logical sense whatsoever.

@ AgentBach: Just look at pictures of people kissing, and use that as reference material. Also, study human anatomy, especially the face. That may help.
Small0bsession
Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Edward_Elric_1308"][quote]Well if you can draw anime, simply use the anime as a base Smile Then make the base more realistic.[/quote]

@ AgentBach: Just look at pictures of people kissing, and use that as reference material. Also, study human anatomy, especially the face. That may help.[/quote]

Rolling Eyes I guess it might be hard for some types of people to comprehend.
Ryjia
Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Small0bsession"][quote="Edward_Elric_1308"][quote]Well if you can draw anime, simply use the anime as a base Smile Then make the base more realistic.[/quote]

@ AgentBach: Just look at pictures of people kissing, and use that as reference material. Also, study human anatomy, especially the face. That may help.[/quote]

Rolling Eyes I guess it might be hard for some types of people to comprehend.[/quote]
No it just doesn't make sense: An anime base just doesn't resemble a realistic face at all.

@ Agentbach: I recommend reference. Kissing people are hard to draw, especially en profile. Also, try to sketch some different angles and find the one you're most comfortable with.
Small0bsession
Rookie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No it really does. Think about it from this angle; You have the basic shapes, and the basic outline. From their clean everything up and expand. The point being you have a starting base- something that boosts your confidence and gives you direction.

Its the exact same way when you draw anime you base it off real people Razz Just modify proportions etc.
London

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you just need a frame to work off of, a proportioned stick figure works as well as a proportioned anime-styled drawing, and takes less effort. It doesn't make sense to go from anime to realism if the goal is realism.

In fact, if you're learning to draw in an anime style, it would be better to learn to draw realistically first, and [i]then[/i] stylize it.
Ryjia
Rookie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I agree with london
MiyaKome
Newb

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stylizing your version of a kiss based off someone else's stylized version of a kiss is just stupid.

Study what an actual kiss looks like and derive your version from that.
Yotsuba

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure I can see what I can tell ya.... let's see. I always start out with two circles close but far away enough they'd work then you draw the bottom part of the face. I've done it myself. Though I still need a little practice on getting it right. ^^' But that should be close to what you ask for... right? just trying to help. XD
Kirbyt
Still very bored

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well my style of making 2 people kiss is that I could draw profile views of them without the arms because those will be drawn for last.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Artistic Help All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: