Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
photoshop question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> General Art Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
breanne
Rookie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:51 pm    Post subject: photoshop question Reply with quote

i got a big problem. i made my body to big for my head on my outline layer in photoshop but both are exactly how i want them so i want to split up the layer so that i can make the body bigger ...is that even posible?? please tell me how to do it im dieing:S:S
London

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pick the selection tool, which is the one that lets you draw those dashed boxes around things. Hold down the tool button and change it from rectangular to freehand.

Draw a dashed line around the head. Make sure not to select any part of the body.

Go to edit -> free transform. You should see dots on the corners of part you selected. You can drag these around to change the size of what's selected. By holding shift before and during your dragging, you can preserve the relative dimensions of the selected area.

When it's the right size and in the right spot, click outside the selected area to make it go away.
TnFDESIGNER
Newb

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and if you need a simple way then just ue your crop tool.zoom into the pic and crop the part that you want to split from the other then once you do that then just make the selection and split the layers by pasting it onto the new layer,if you copie it and there is still one print on the old layer then just hit erase while its still selected.
Jhihmoac

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a longshot, but also the perspective tool can do some size/proportional correction...Use it sparingly, however...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> General Art Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: