Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Is this manga plot/poster/story/art interesting??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Artistic Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CrescentButterfly
My First Post!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:07 pm    Post subject: Is this manga plot/poster/story/art interesting?? Reply with quote

Very Happy Hello there!!

I was just wondering if you guys could critique my work.... I'm trying to test my skills to see if I have even just a small chance of getting one published in the future... I'm currently working on a manga I'm planning to post as a web comic( if that's what you call it T_T) I really want to get even just one volume of my own manga in my lifetime.... But hehehe, I'm not exactly the brave/confident type of artist and this is the first time that I'll be doing this.... I'm so sorry if I sound as if I'm demanding or whatever.... Honto ni gomenasai!!

Anyway here's the plot( btw, I'm working on this story with my sister)

It's about a girl named Alice Evans who was asked just a few weeks before the scheduled wedding to marry the grandson of the Woodville family... And well, she actually agreed to it...

" It all started when she agreed to marry this boy only to find out that he was the same little weak boy she used to bully and play with back in 1st grade...."

I made some sort of poster about the summary... please, if you have time check it out....I would appreciate it very much if you do so and critique it....
here's my link( hope it works...)
http://www.fanart-central.net/pic-706752.html
Ryjia
Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Usually when I see posts like this it's from little girls who don't know how to spell right. No offense to anyone!
But your work is pretty amazing. I'd say art wise you're good. There is always room for improvement of course. But I won't be mean.
I also do like the plot. Stories like that aren't my personal taste, but there's a big group of people who will enjoy it.
I think you're really good. Try a doujinshi circle or something.
bowiegranap
Very bored

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty short even for a summary, from what I can read its pretty much resembles the literally hundreds of mills&boon books my mother and sister have.

1) Girl in a situation
2) Something/someone (99% a rich guy, usually a prince, a business mogul, a sheik, some duke, roguish pirate, whatever) offers her a way out. Naturally, the guy is good looking at hell with women falling for him left and right, but for some reason he's never had a stable relationship before hand.
3) She copes with the situation, finding love in an otherwise marriage of convenience

Commercially, if you can weave the story well enough, women will gobble it up. Personally, though, I find the plot so... common.

The poster is cute.
livetodraw
Newb

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like the plot. but here's a question from me, is it going to be a comedy or drama or both? u should really decide on what kind of genre your gonna go towards. but ur art is really good.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Artistic Help All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: